Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

TheMamaDragon knows no boundsTheMamaDragon knows no bounds
TheMamaDragon knows no boundsTheMamaDragon knows no boundsTheMamaDragon knows no boundsTheMamaDragon knows no boundsTheMamaDragon knows no boundsTheMamaDragon knows no bounds

Default Pay more attention to their adverts

Today when I got on, since I have to turn off adblock to go to the park, I saw some dating ads, including some that were pretty *****y and others that stated 30+. Not exactly family or kid-friendly advertisements!
TheMamaDragon is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2018, 09:31 PM   #2
(⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃-☆゚.*・。
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Pay more attention to their adverts

You can always take a screenshot of the site as and send it in to them. Those aren’t supposed to make it past their filter. They do make every effort, but sometimes other places you go leave a trail of crumbs and they just sort of follow you. Bad advertisers will often latch on to your path and pop into the other sites you go to, to get a sense of what your browsing habits are.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 09-10-2018, 10:28 PM   #3
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
You can always take a screenshot of the site as and send it in to them. Those aren’t supposed to make it past their filter. They do make every effort, but sometimes other places you go leave a trail of crumbs and they just sort of follow you. Bad advertisers will often latch on to your path and pop into the other sites you go to, to get a sense of what your browsing habits are.
A friend of mine saw that same ad and reported it. I think it is just something that slipped through and nothing to do with browsing history.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 09-10-2018, 11:21 PM   #4
(⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃-☆゚.*・。
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

It was just a caution about browsing and click bait. Everyone gets pulled in to one of them at some time or other. I should have added that a lot of people don't know that Click Bait is bad for your computer. It seems really innocent when you see those ads for 'Look at how Paris Jackson has changed! Picture #7 is insane!" Or 'We are sorry to see Princess Kate go ...' These ads are actually bad for your computer!
There is always the potential that one of those sites will lead to a leak of personal information through a link or an attachment. Some of them now include terms of use with their sites. If you click agree without reading the warning, you can wind up with Potentially unwanted programs or worse.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 09-11-2018, 05:19 AM   #5

TheMamaDragon knows no boundsTheMamaDragon knows no bounds
TheMamaDragon knows no boundsTheMamaDragon knows no boundsTheMamaDragon knows no boundsTheMamaDragon knows no boundsTheMamaDragon knows no boundsTheMamaDragon knows no bounds

I did send them a screenshot on Twitter DM, and other than events like this that require I turn some adblocks offs I always have them on and updated.
TheMamaDragon is offline Female
Old 09-15-2018, 10:55 PM   #6
CHRISTMAS WHOOP

LabLover2014 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleLabLover2014 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleLabLover2014 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
LabLover2014 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

View Post Originally Posted by TheMamaDragon
Today when I got on, since I have to turn off adblock to go to the park, I saw some dating ads, including some that were pretty *****y and others that stated 30+. Not exactly family or kid-friendly advertisements!
I have been experience this same exact thing! The only ads that I'm getting that doesn't have to do with webkinz directly is a bunch of robust women for dating sites! It's absolutely insane to be getting these kinds of ads.
LabLover2014 is offline Female
Old 09-15-2018, 11:10 PM   #7
Go XYZ!

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by LabLover2014
I have been experience this same exact thing! The only ads that I'm getting that doesn't have to do with webkinz directly is a bunch of robust women for dating sites! It's absolutely insane to be getting these kinds of ads.
I'm getting these same exact ads! And I don't click on anything that would "lead" to these type of ads. I know what Dixie is talking about, though. I tend to get "ads" in other places, such as FB that are linked to my browsing history, such as things I was shopping for, or just bought.

Anyway, I find these "dating" ads very inappropriate and annoying.
Queen of Sheba is online now Female
Old 09-16-2018, 06:02 AM   #8
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

I keep my AdBlock on to prevent from seeing ads especially those ads specifically. But I agree that those ads shouldn't be shown on WW. I'm sure they do everything they can to prevent those kinds of ads but I'm sure a select few still manage to get through. Hopefully you sending them the message about it will hopefully will get them to be even more careful.
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 09-16-2018, 01:10 PM   #9
marnabear

I have ghostery which prevents tracking. It helps a lot. Many others have seen that ad or ones like it so they definitely go through and Ganz should be more careful. I am sure a lot of children don't even know what an adblock is let alone how to install one.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 09-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #10
Go XYZ!

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

I have one computer without AdBlock so that I can see Ms. Cowoline in the Park. But the other one has AdBlock.
Queen of Sheba is online now Female
Closed