Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
natira
Gifted

natira has a spectacular aura about

Question Pan feature for WW?

So, I'm planning to be at the big Extravaganza event at my local retailer's and, just in case there's a Ganz rep in the store, I want to have some questions/ideas ready with which to grill/bombard them.

There's a feature I'd like to see added to WW and I was wondering if anyone else agrees. My mom uses the magnifying glass a lot on WW 'cause her sights not so good anymore. Okay, I confess that I'm having this same problem. When I go to my garden, which is completely full of plants, I have to lean in real close to see what needs to be raked.

Here's the problem as I see it -- the magnifying function only magnifies the area around your active pet. If you want to look at something on the other side of the room, you have to move your pet over there. What I'd like to see is another function button that let's you switch from your active pet to just pan around the room. If you've ever seen an application where you get a little hand and then it let's you pull yourself around what you're looking at, that's what I mean. Google Maps has this function if you want to see what I'm talking about.

The other pan function I'd like would be when the magnifier is on and you’re trying to move furniture. Right now you can only move it to a space you can currently see in the magnified section. If you want to go beyond that you have to take of the magnification, set down the piece you're moving, move your pet to the area you want to go, magnify again and then pick up your piece again and move it. Oh, and you better hope you can still see the piece after you move your pet and re-magnify 'cause if not you have to go back and move in smaller increments.
What I'd like to happen is that, if I go to move something and push beyond what I can currently see magnified, it would just pan in whatever direction I'm going until it hit the edge of the room. This one is a direct result of the difficulty my mom has in seeing where things are going when she's trying to move stuff.

Now I intend to be playing on WW for a VERY long time and I know my eyesight won't be improving as time goes by so I'd really like to see things bigger. What does everyone else think about this? Would this be a useful tool so we can see things up close easier?

P.S. I have hooked my computer up to our huge flat screen TV and it's really neat and easy to see but not very practical -- especially when my husband "needs" the TV to play his Playstation games while I play Webkinz.
natira is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
mommy3521
Webkinz :)

shelly3521 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Pan feature for WW?

Actually, I think that would be an awesome idea! I'd like to be able to get in closer alot of times to see details, but its kind of a pain because the magnified area is so small.

Great idea... you should email it to Ganz!!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
natira
Gifted

I've never been able to figure out their e-mail address. If you have it I can sure give it a shot!
natira is offline Female
Old 04-21-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
PofNatey

thats a great idea I've been thinking the same thing!
Ganz email btw is support@ganz.com
Old 04-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #5
amyep
Gift Guru

hoppy555 is on a distinguished road

I think thats a great idea, especially in the garden. sometimes the weeds are tricky to see..
Charity
hoppy555 is offline Female
Old 04-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
call me ratty!
Gifted

rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!

nice idea! i like the magnifying function, but i only use it in the small rooms (which i only have one of and never go into) because in the bigger ones i can't see the other side of the room and it gets annoying. so, if u see someone from ganz, tell them!
rattyjol is offline Female
Old 04-21-2008, 01:14 PM   #7
Proud to be a
Webkinz :)

Breezmom is on a distinguished road

This is a great idea!! By the way, I have a big TV too, and I'd love to hook up to it. 51 inches of Webkinz!! Woo hoo! How do I do this??
Old 04-21-2008, 01:24 PM   #8
natira
Gifted

Cool Re: Pan feature for WW?

View Post Originally Posted by Breezmom
This is a great idea!! By the way, I have a big TV too, and I'd love to hook up to it. 51 inches of Webkinz!! Woo hoo! How do I do this??
Check your Owner's Manual. There's actually a page in mine about how to hook up to a PC. I've got a Samsung and it required a D-Sub Cable and a PC Audio Cable, both of which I got at RadioShack. Don't forget to think about where you'll want your computer in relation to the TV so you get the right length cables.

It really is cool!
natira is offline Female
Old 04-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #9
[xo]starburst

I see what your saying :]
I love it!
Closed