Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
~ wackyfied ~
Webkinz :)

WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness
WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness

Lightbulb NEW TRADERS BADGE

Recently, I have experienced that I seem to be encountering multiple NEW TRADERS in the KC +. While I am delighted to be able to trade with anyone, I have to wonder why on my side of the trade, it appears as though they are in the KC + by themselves with no help or tutorial from a sibling, child or adult? I am a patient + understanding person (see Alyssa - Enchantrite ) – (I remember my first trade and the kindness shown to me), HOWEVER, while I was outside shoveling snow, I thought that maybe:
There should be a little WELCOME ‘star’ or little ‘W’ or little ‘badge’ or little ‘something special attached’ to a new pet’s name in the clubhouse until they have traded 20 times, so others know they are new to trading. If there was a new trader ‘star’/’badge’, folks would know, and be a little more patient AND fair with those new traders. To show you that I have thought this through ( a lot of snow here ) - the flip side: a little “badge” poses the immediate flag for another ‘scammer’ type trader to try to take advantage of. This situation could be solved by a posting from Ganz that ALL new ‘star’/‘badge’ traders ARE monitored by Ganz, therefore, signaling to an underhanded deviously scheming trader that THEIR actions are being monitored as well, so as to NOT take advantage of a new trader during their trade with them.
OR
KC+ should NOT be an option until a trader has traded 20 times in regular KC Trading Rooms. I feel the 20 time frame would allow them enough experience in being comfortable in a KC+ trade.
OR
A separate Trader’s Room that only new traders may visit + trade, similar to the separate Santakinz Rm and the Trading Rm2.

What are your thoughts on a little ‘star’ or ‘badge’ (for help and fairness and patience) for new traders?
THANK YOU!

Last edited by WI 50ish; 12-23-2009 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: title ~ move
WI 50ish is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
hoo-hoo!

Honeybear knows the way
Honeybear knows the wayHoneybear knows the way

Default Re: NEW TRADERS are special

I like the idea of a beginner badge a LOT. I've had traders tell me they're "new here" when really they're trying to scam me, and others who are so utterly lost, you know they're new and really feel for them!

I suppose from a practical standpoint Ganz monitoring newbie trades might be difficult on their end, but that would be the best solution. Keeping new traders in a separate room might not work well only because they'd still be thrown to the wolves (so to speak) when they entered KC+ after 20 trades and they still wouldn't have any prior experience with "experts" or scammers.

Well thought out ideas, I do like the badge idea.

Hopefully Ganz is listening!
Honeybear is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

I see that a lot too-and I do believe a lot of it is a scam-people attempting to get something for nothing...

My DS gets so annoyed when people try to scam him-he tries so hard to be nice and helpful (which is tough because he types so slow) and when he realizes someone was just being nasty it just knocks the wind out of his sails...I keep telling him not all people are horrible, and to keep on being nice...

I think a badge is a good idea to a point, but as you pointed out-it would just call attention to a newbie and the scammers would flock like vultures. I can't imagine Ganz would monitor new traders-it just doesn't seem like it would be attainable at all...

I think the best thing to do is just to be nice and informative to new people, without actually giving away free stuff...The worst that happens is you might have been nice to a potential scammer-but you aren't out any good stuff...
dragonbird is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!

I think Ganz should come up with their own value system for items (something more fair than the 500kc or whatever a psi sells for in the wshop) and when someone posts an item it lists: type + value. for example the pink pony's treadmill would come up as: "Pink Pony Pet Specific Item Treadmill + 4000kc value" and an apple would come up as "Wshop food item + 5kc" that way, even for new members who might not know how to value their pet specific item against a trading card item, it comes up when the item's brought up. When I was new, I thought the hippo wallowing tub was a general item in the welcome pack that you could get at the wshop. I had no concept of PSI's when I started. Also, there are so many new items to webkinz world I haven't seen half of them! especially with keeping up with the trading cards so I'd appreciate it if it came up saying, "trading card series 3 chair +value" for example. It'd tell teh person what the item is exactly, and how much their item ranks in comparison.
CrystalFlute is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
Emma is the name

emmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guide

I agree that the system should be tweaked, I like your suggestions but as you said a badge would immdeiately signal to scammer, hm... :/
emmlag96 is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

I think a Badge sounds like a super idea as long as Ganz will monitor the trades so they are not scammed !! Great thinking !! This may help out the newbies !!
mom w charm is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

OH WI 50ish...what a WONDERFUL idea I think that would almost work better than a Feedback system It truly has potential

I think it would be great (everything has it's downside) BUT if there was some kind of reward from Ganz, a little token of appreciation for GOOD trades, they may be able to turn this WHOLE bad traders thing around to their benefit
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #8

Chicken4Cow will become famous soon enough

The only way this would work is if scammers got a badge of thier own. A 'new trader' badge would draw potential scammers, but if those scammers had a 'rip off' badge, maybe the newbies would stand a better chance.
Chicken4Cow is offline Male
Old 12-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #9
is a very lazy

Polka Dotz is the cats pajamas!Polka Dotz is the cats pajamas!Polka Dotz is the cats pajamas!Polka Dotz is the cats pajamas!Polka Dotz is the cats pajamas!Polka Dotz is the cats pajamas!

that'd be nice, i just think they might be larger targets for scamming than the rest of us. its a good idea though! (:
Polka Dotz is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
Gifted

meandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellence
meandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellence

That's a great idea!
meandspencer is offline Female
Closed