Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #11
[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]
Webkinz :)

Hollister:] is a splendid one to beholdHollister:] is a splendid one to beholdHollister:] is a splendid one to beholdHollister:] is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: New Adoption ROOM PLACEMENT!

What I wish is that you could MOVE rooms, and get RID of some rooms, like empty ones.
Hollister:] is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #12

lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!

I'm there with ya with the room/doors thing! I ran out of room a long time ago...meaning, I do not want to ruin some of my prized rooms with doors so I have to buy med. rooms as a connector only to more large rooms to open up more quadrants of space without doors ruining the look of the decor. Ya know what I mean???

It would be great to be able to pick where the door can be. What I love about the tree top, outdoor is there's no actual "door" to interfere with what's in the room - blocking views of items.
lilkinzmom7 is offline Female
Old 01-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #13

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

No, as Hmm said don't hurry over those adoptions! They're the most special ones to have. I also have a pretty small family of 15 webkinz, and it's just not the same as when i had 3 or 4. Don't get me wrong, i love all the pets and i'd like a few more, but those first pets get an extra special relationship with you.

I had a hard time with doors in my houses too! I've moved a few rooms around already but it can be a hassle! When i decorate i always keep in mind where doors would go. It's the only thing i could really do.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:43 AM   #14
LOVE is from God
Gift Guru

Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art
Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art

View Post Originally Posted by lilkinzmom7
I'm there with ya with the room/doors thing! I ran out of room a long time ago...meaning, I do not want to ruin some of my prized rooms with doors so I have to buy med. rooms as a connector only to more large rooms to open up more quadrants of space without doors ruining the look of the decor. Ya know what I mean???

It would be great to be able to pick where the door can be. What I love about the tree top, outdoor is there's no actual "door" to interfere with what's in the room - blocking views of items.
Dear Lilkinzmom7,

So, if we add a 'spare room' or 'hall' up, or to the right, and then put our "special" rooms above or to the right of those, we should be able to save the 'top' and 'right side' walls for large items and pictures that look horrible with a door nearby? Does WW usually add the new adoption rooms near the "center"? If so, we can start building "L's" and putting our special rooms at the tips. I won't start the interior decorating till I hear back...

Thank you to all who've given info to help our family & other WI's with this.
It doesn't seem like it would be much work for WW to rewrite/modify the prgramming to allow new adoptees to choose their room placement. (I asked my husband, the computer enigineer..).
Maybe we should all query Ganz to consider this change for the future - way more important than a 10kc ice cream once a day at the park!!!!

Bankskinz :bt:
(Penguin, Kangaroo, Dolphin, Black Panther, Guinea Pig, Bengal Tiger, Golden Retriever, Mocha Pup, Irish Setter, Fox, Sig. Raccoon, Silver Soft Cat, Raccoon & counting)
Bankskinz is offline Female
Old 01-28-2010, 07:32 AM   #15
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Bankskinz
Dear Lilkinzmom7,

So, if we add a 'spare room' or 'hall' up, or to the right, and then put our "special" rooms above or to the right of those, we should be able to save the 'top' and 'right side' walls for large items and pictures that look horrible with a door nearby? Does WW usually add the new adoption rooms near the "center"? If so, we can start building "L's" and putting our special rooms at the tips. I won't start the interior decorating till I hear back...

It doesn't seem like it would be much work for WW to rewrite/modify the prgramming to allow new adoptees to choose their room placement. (I asked my husband, the computer enigineer..).
Maybe we should all query Ganz to consider this change for the future - way more important than a 10kc ice cream once a day at the park!!!!

(Penguin, Kangaroo, Dolphin, Black Panther, Guinea Pig, Bengal Tiger, Golden Retriever, Mocha Pup, Irish Setter, Fox, Sig. Raccoon, Silver Soft Cat, Raccoon & counting)
I don't know... There have been many supposed ways to pick where you want the room, and if any of them really work, I think it would eventually be placed on WI's home news. I would get more people to test it.
Galfam is offline Male
Old 01-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #16
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Dear Lilkinzmom7,

I watched myself, several friends and both kids go through adoptions, and this has been my experience.

Keep in mind the limited sample size and realize that your mileage may vary.

It has been my observation that the first room you adopt to is doomed to have four doors. When given the opportunity, the adoption algorithm will always adjoin that first room. It also likes to add rooms to your second and third adoption rooms. It has been my experience that adoption rooms tend to cluster around the center.

Adoption rooms also tend to cluster around gardens, so if you want your farms connected so that you can ride your vehicle from farm to farm, buy those all at once.

So if you were to purchase 5 or six rooms in a spur away from the center, you could probably have the room that is farthest out be safe from random door placement. This was my strategy for use with rare wallpaper, and it worked for me.

That said, I still think it would be a risk. I don't know what their algorithm is for certain. I just know that I've seen clustering around the center in the eight or so accounts I've watched go through adoptions among family and friends.

This is not, I repeat NOT, a statistically valid sample.

I hope that this helps.

-- Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 02-03-2010, 07:13 AM   #17
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talent
jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

There is a pattern to where the rooms are automatically placed.

The rooms will always be placed in clockwise order around the oldest room, starting from the top, ending with the left side, if that makes sense. For example:

My first adoption was Snuggles, and her room was my first. I bought a garden to the right of that room, and sometime after that, I adopted Jack. His room was placed above Snuggles' room. After Jack I must've bought a kitchen below Snuggles, and a bathroom to the left of the kitchen. So the order of my rooms is
1. Snuggles
2. Yard
3. Jack
4. Kitchen
5. Bathroom

Then I adopted Millie. As Snuggles' room was already filled in on three sides, Millie's room was automatically placed on the fourth side - the left. My first room is now filled on all four sides. I bought a storage room to the left of the bathroom, and I bought a Garden to the right of the kitchen that has nothing but farm fresh foods growing. I also bought a storage shed below the garden.

My fourth adoption, Valiant, went above the Yard (to the right of Jack), as the Yard was my second room. And my Fifth adoption, Whittaker, went to the right of the Yard. My Yard is now filled on all four sides, so my next adoption will proceed to fill the positions around my 3rd room - Jack. First up top, and then to the left. I verified this pattern by looking at the room placement of my brother's and sister's accounts as well, as they have eight and nine pets while I still only have five.

I know it's a pain, but if the site weren't down right this minute, I would give you a visual aid. I might actually edit that in later. I hope this helped.

And I, too, vouch for keeping the family small. I love how each of my pets has a unique personality all their own because I can spend lots of time with each of them
jenga_jane is offline Female
Old 02-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #18
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Jenga --

You're right! It is a clockwise pattern! How awesome!

-- Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 02-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #19
LOVE is from God
Gift Guru

Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art
Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art

Hey Hmm! I'm the "Scaredy pants" Bankskinz who queried you about the contest rules! You're checking out my thread! That sort of makes me feel like I'm contributing to WI! Yippee! I'm a part of a great family here!!! WI rocks!!! And yes, the clock-pattern theory holds!
Bankskinz is offline Female
Old 02-03-2010, 11:07 PM   #20
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hey Hmm! I'm the "Scaredy pants" Bankskinz who queried you about the contest rules! You're checking out my thread! That sort of makes me feel like I'm contributing to WI! Yippee! I'm a part of a great family here!!! WI rocks!!! And yes, the clock-pattern theory holds!
Of course you are contributing to WI. You are asking great questions.

Welcome to the WI family. This is a really supportive place (even if almost everyone here is a wee bit obsessive when it comes to webkinz. Hey, you didn't want to be alone in your obsessiveness, did you?)

-- Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Closed