Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 03:06 AM   #1
LOVE is from God
Gift Guru

Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art
Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art

Exclamation New Adoption ROOM PLACEMENT!

Dear Fellow Insiders,
I can't find a thread to address this issue. Is there ANY WAY to dictate where the 'new room' for your new pet is put? They keep messing up my decor by sticking DOORS in the middle of rooms where I didn't want an adjacent room! What can I do???? Any advice???

Please help!

Bankskinz:bt:
Bankskinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2010, 03:09 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

Ladyt has disabled reputation

Default Re: New Adoption ROOM PLACEMENT!

Unfortunately there is no way to choose where a room gets placed for your first ten rooms, Till then just kind of plan around it as best as possible.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:18 AM   #3
ishing ....
Gift Guru

Ranger1985 has disabled reputation

As Ladyt has said, you have no choice for placement of rooms for your first 10 pets. You don't have a choice on size, either. Unless you adopt a flying pet or an underwater pet, they'll all be medium rooms.
Ranger1985 is offline Female
Old 01-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #4
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

I wish they allowed you to place your pet's rooms too.

My advice is never put down rare or unreplaceable wallpaper until you are done with your first ten adoptions. What I have done when a room gets shot full of doors is to rebuild the original one room out, and redecorate the doored room in a new way.

Since now you can rename rooms with a pet's name, it means that you can always move the pets room somewhere else in your house.

Please Ganz give us control over our doors!

-- Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 01-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
LOVE is from God
Gift Guru

Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art
Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art

Dear Fellow Insiders,
I was afraid you'd all say that....
We'll just have to hurry and hit 10 for all of our family members...
Give us another month or two!
You guys are great & we appreciate the quick responses! We're currently working & living in central asia & Webkinz is our LIFELINE to western conspicuous consumption!!!
Hee hee hee.
Honestly, we have such a blast as a family with Webkinz (yeah clubhouse trading room!). We're working on being constructive members of WI so we can train to be gift gurus...
Oh well about the Egyption & Medieval wallpapers...
at least they come around now & again in the Curio Shop!!! I won't put the gem ones in till we hit #10!

??? So, with #11 & up, we get to chose where and what size????
Confirm or correct my assumption. Thanks guys! ~ You rock!

Gratefully,
Bankskinz ~ new family with 13 and counting (collectively)
I know - I know.. some of you have 200+.... You've got to start somewhere!!!
:bt::bt:
Bankskinz is offline Female
Old 01-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #6
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Hey Bankskinz --

Being a gift guru is cool (mainly for the increased PM box size and the green font to the name) but for me what makes WI great is the friendships -- no matter what your title, rep or post count.

You do not get a room with your 11th adoption. You instead get more cash (3K vs 2K) so that you can buy a room of your choosing, wherever you want!

I would not hurry overmuch with those adoptions. I like having a relativiely small family and I feel that 12 (my current number) is a bit large. On the other hand, if you are desperate to put down charm forest walls and flooring (something you can earn only ONCE per account) then adopt away!

Big hugs and happy decorating! I'm glad to be of assistance.

-- Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 01-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

momcrom is sweet stuff
momcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuffmomcrom is sweet stuff

This never used to bother me, back when I only had three pets and didn't do much to decorate my rooms. But over the past couple of months I have added a lot of rooms and have been very careful about their placement. Then adopted a couple of new pets over the holidays just to have my designs ruined. I don't mind much if the door ends up behind some of my furniture, I just leave the furniture where it is and block the door. But when I've got decor on the walls and have to redesign it around the new door, and end up having to move all of my furniture around as well... it really bugs.

It's been months now since my gem room had to be redesigned, and I still don't like the way it looks when I had it perfect the first time around. I have spare gem wallpaper and floor, so I could always do a new room with it but I'm afraid that it will just happen all over again the next time I adopt a new pet.

It would be nice if we could pick where we want our rooms, or remove doorways from where we don't want them.
momcrom is offline Female
Old 01-27-2010, 09:13 AM   #8
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

One more thing... I spent my first six months on WI with only three webkinz. But those webkinz each had personality, and were played with a lot. I never felt like I was missing out even though most of my friends here had far more.

Vive la difference, and hip hip hooray for small families!

-- Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 01-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
Bunniez luv karrits
Webkinz :)

karrit defies all odds
karrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all odds

Fortunately my main account now has more than 10 pets on it. I too was frustrated with the inability to choose where the new rooms would go. My plan to group like themed rooms next to each other got messed up when the pet bedrooms went wherever Ganz decided to randomly place them. On my newer accounts I'm trying to have some control over where the rooms can't be put by adding some other rooms in spots where I definitely don't want the medium sized rooms to appear. I'm also not putting in Wallpaper or Floors on the newer accounts until after the accounts have the first 10 pets on them. My main account has a Wizard room I put together that has the game flooring because I didn't know there was a special floor to go with the Wizard Walls. Now I have to decide what to do about moving the room or if I want to lose the floor to put the correct one in. I don't want to lose the Wizard wallpaper either.
I purposely built out on one side of my Webbie Mansion so that the Movie Theater room will only have one entrance unless I decide to put a small bathroom or outdoor rooms off to the sides. I've got a room with the concession stands leading up to it but the whole thing is still a work in progress. Right now a lot of my extra seating items are in the theater until I'm able to get enough theater seats to fill it up. You need a solid wall without a door in a large room to put the Movie Screen on but at least it's movable.
karrit is offline Female
Old 01-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #10
Gifted

labsrock has disabled reputation

When you have less then ten place there is unfortunatley no possible way to control where your adoption rooms are placed, after ten pets they no longer come with rooms so you must buy them yourself, that's when you can FINALLY control where the rooms are placed in you webkinz world house.
labsrock is offline Female
Closed