Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2018, 03:26 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Faunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshine
Faunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshine

Default Name Double Message

So, one thing I personally have tried really, really hard to avoid, would be giving two of my pets the same exact name.
I realize there are hundreds, probably a thousand or two by now, of the pets available, to say nothing of the Signature, seasonal and retired pets.
However, while I don't mind variations (read: Lacy, Lacey) so long as there's a direct point to it, I would LOVE a message that would pop up if I were about to name a pet the *exact* same thing as another pet.
I know of at least two incidents where it's happened in my case on accident, and since Ganz is stubborn about allowing changes to be made to existing names, I'm not sure there's another alternative.

I thought maybe if it wasn't too complicated to code, there could be a checkbox in the Adoption Center where those who wish to be alerted if they're about to use a previously used name, can choose to be.
Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2018, 10:06 PM   #2
Go XYZ!

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Name Double Message

I agree!

Are all of your pets on one account?

I think it would be complicated if we were talking about different accounts. But I don't see why they couldn't have some kind of pop-up if you were about to use the same name on one account.

I'm bummed about the times that I misspelled names. Wish we could correct our mistakes!
Queen of Sheba is offline Female
Old 01-29-2018, 12:10 AM   #3
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

If you have decided what name to give your pet, then before you adopt it, log on to your account and go to My Pets. Put the name, lower case in the search bar and if there is already a pet by that name it will pop up. I wish that had been available earlier because I saw that I had two pets named Galaxy.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 01-29-2018, 07:09 AM   #4

Faunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshineFaunalover is a ray of sunshine

Sheba - yes, they’re all on one.

Marna - Doing that doesn’t always work, I think there’s some sort of error. Whether it’s with my account personally or more, I don’t know.
I think perhaps it’s due to the number of pets on my account.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:35 AM   #5
marnabear

View Post Originally Posted by Faunalover
Sheba - yes, they’re all on one.

Marna - Doing that doesn’t always work, I think there’s some sort of error. Whether it’s with my account personally or more, I don’t know.
I think perhaps it’s due to the number of pets on my account.
I don't know how many pets you have but I have a lot on my account and it works for me. Just make sure you use only lower case in the search bat. It might take a little while for a lot of pets but for me it's faster than I would expect.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 01-29-2018, 09:41 AM   #6

The search works for me, but there have been a few times where I've nearly used the same name, but realized just in time.
In the times I've multi-named, it was because I had used the name, but had been in a hurry at the time of the adoptions, enough that I hadn't thought it out.

Hm, I don't recall whether I've used strictly lowercase. I'll try it, but it still would be a pain to check every single name when I'm planning to sign in multiple pets.
Do you specifically search the name or just the pet type?
Either way, depending on what's being searched, it still takes a while to search through every single result.
Closed