Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #81
e love webkinz
Gift Guru

scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!

Default Re: Naming rooms: suggestions for words GANZ could add

That's what I've been doing lately as well - leaving the numbers instead of naming the room.
scienter is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #82
MysticRDS
Webkinz :)

MysticRDS is on a distinguished road

Don't forget to add fruits & vegetables. My gardens are corn, cabbage..etc.

I personally had to start naming my pets what I want my rooms to be name. My October Pug is Kookie Scientist, since I have themed rooms.

Too bad we have to do it this way.

Heather
MysticRDS is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #83
♀ jaxcat ϓ
Gift Guru

jaxcat has disabled reputation

I don't like this way and i've made suggestions to them.
jaxcat is offline Female
Old 10-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #84
lorkinzfun
Gift Guru

lorkinz has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by wendypie
Please, please forget ALL the pre-determined lists. Have one menu that lists the account's pets' names (that's cool) and leave the rest up to the creative desires of the individual with a fill in the blank that allows for 2-3 words of choice (using the word filter if necessary). In any case, get rid of this FAST. We HATE it. We'd rather go back to the old way without pet 's individual names than this. I have several rooms I want to create, but am seriously deterred by the fact that I won't be able to name them appropriately.
Terrific Idea!!!!

---------- lorkinz added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later ----------

I love my barn and stable and pumpkin patch I hope Ganz reads these!

Last edited by lorkinz; 10-14-2008 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lorkinz is offline Female
Old 10-15-2008, 02:04 AM   #85

bubbaryan is an unknown quantity at this point

I TOTALLY agree that the new naming system is terrible. However, I've discovered a sort-of-workable way to get around it, but it's not great for several reasons and I've only used it a few times. What I did is name three of my new pets with the room name I wanted. For example, I named my bat "Halloween", so then I was able to name his room "Halloween's Lair". Another pet I named "Science", so I named his room "Science's Room" (so I could make a room for all my experiment & science stuff).

Obviously, this is not great for several reasons: First, I hate the thought of naming my pets dumb names like "Science" or "Garden" or "Library", etc. etc. Also, the room names are awkward - they should read "Science Room", not "Science's Room" (when you choose a pet's name in the first pull-down it automatically adds an " 's " to the pet name, the possessive form, making a pet name like "Lilly" into the room name "Lilly's room". Does that make sense?). Plus, the second pull-down choices are WAY too limited. Couldn't someone from Ganz have looked through some of the great room ideas posted in WI to see that we use LOTS more words than "room", "lair", "bathroom", "kitchen", blah, blah, blah? Ganz has totally taken away our creativity!

A long time ago, I titled a few rooms "Items to Store or Trade". Now if I want to make a new room like that, I'll have to name a pet "Storage" or something equally stupid and name the room "Storage's Room". Yuck and double yuck. Sigh.

So for now, I'll use this method very sparingly in the hope that Ganz will either change the room naming system back to the way it used to be or improve it (greatly). In the meantime, I've also printed out a paper copy of my map and have started writing room names on the paper without using the Webkinz naming system at all. That'll work unless I lose it...

To end this post on a POSITIVE note: I just bought a whimsy dragon off the shelf at the mall yesterday! I guess they're back now!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #86

pepsiclk will become famous soon enough

This is great. I hate the whole naming thing. I would love to have all the theme names added. But you guys have so many wonderful ideas. I hope they change it back or at least take some of these wonderful suggestions. Naming the rooms was half the fun. I'm also just leaving numbers now, just can't bring myself to use that system.
pepsiclk is offline Female
Old 10-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #87
e love webkinz
Gift Guru

scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by bubbaryan
I TOTALLY agree that the new naming system is terrible. However, I've discovered a sort-of-workable way to get around it, but it's not great for several reasons and I've only used it a few times. What I did is name three of my new pets with the room name I wanted. For example, I named my bat "Halloween", so then I was able to name his room "Halloween's Lair". Another pet I named "Science", so I named his room "Science's Room" (so I could make a room for all my experiment & science stuff).

Obviously, this is not great for several reasons: First, I hate the thought of naming my pets dumb names like "Science" or "Garden" or "Library", etc. etc. Also, the room names are awkward - they should read "Science Room", not "Science's Room" (when you choose a pet's name in the first pull-down it automatically adds an " 's " to the pet name, the possessive form, making a pet name like "Lilly" into the room name "Lilly's room". Does that make sense?). Plus, the second pull-down choices are WAY too limited. Couldn't someone from Ganz have looked through some of the great room ideas posted in WI to see that we use LOTS more words than "room", "lair", "bathroom", "kitchen", blah, blah, blah? Ganz has totally taken away our creativity!

A long time ago, I titled a few rooms "Items to Store or Trade". Now if I want to make a new room like that, I'll have to name a pet "Storage" or something equally stupid and name the room "Storage's Room". Yuck and double yuck. Sigh.

So for now, I'll use this method very sparingly in the hope that Ganz will either change the room naming system back to the way it used to be or improve it (greatly). In the meantime, I've also printed out a paper copy of my map and have started writing room names on the paper without using the Webkinz naming system at all. That'll work unless I lose it...

To end this post on a POSITIVE note: I just bought a whimsy dragon off the shelf at the mall yesterday! I guess they're back now!!!
thanks for your suggestion!! it is terrible that we have to "work around" this naming problem. I sincerely hope GANZ will revert to the old system or greatly improve the current one
Old 10-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #88
Jeffree Star<3

hunk109 is a name known to allhunk109 is a name known to allhunk109 is a name known to all

I totally agree! I always had pets share rooms, but I can no longer name the room for two pets! UGH! I jope ganz rethinks this!
hunk109 is offline Male
Old 10-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #89
e love webkinz
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by MysticRDS
Don't forget to add fruits & vegetables. My gardens are corn, cabbage..etc.

I personally had to start naming my pets what I want my rooms to be name. My October Pug is Kookie Scientist, since I have themed rooms.

Too bad we have to do it this way.

Heather
Yep, lots of people love to garden, and fruits and vegie names are definitely a must! They have been added in the first pull down menu Thanks for posting!
Old 11-23-2008, 11:04 AM   #90
kungfumonkey is on a distinguished road

Default Room names

Has Ganz responded at all regarding fixing or changing the room names? we are so limited now, I liked it better that way it was before!
kungfumonkey is offline Female
Closed

Tags
emma!, s.m.o.p.h.i.e, small was here :]