Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #371
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

Default Re: Room Naming

It was just yesterday I was looking at my map..named as per my wish since 2007..I hesistently renamed 2 rooms because every time I thought I was going to such a room I went to another (because I had moved the rooms' contents). I soooo wish that they would improve the naming system.

And, the application of the 'safe' room naming didn't affect the rooms that were poorly named because I still have all my rooms named as my heart desired (though not inappropriately) so their reply as provided by MysticZon doesn't make sense to me. Their methods only serve to prevent future misuse. Therefore, only punishing future users and not those who were the naughty. >>And, btw - that is a stellar post. I love the map...wish it were mine!

Anyway...I too very much want a change in the naming system...either improve it or change it radically!! Please for the life of my webkinz and for my sanity...PLEASE!!!!
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #372
Webkinz :)

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

They have no creative names at all. It is the most frustrating thing in the world! What else can I say? This needs to be changed to have any organization in the home at all!
Old 11-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #373

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

Forcing people to distort their pet names just to recognize their own rooms is - sorry, Ganz! - very uncaring. I cannot understand why rooms cannot be named with at least the same words as commonly used in KC+, while keeping the existing naming rules for players without KC+ access. Thank you Ganz... NOT!

PS: My Wonderland room goes as "The Movie Room", which I believe is the most relevant of all available namings.

View Post Originally Posted by bballmars
They have no creative names at all. It is the most frustrating thing in the world! What else can I say? This needs to be changed to have any organization in the home at all!
Actually, the most frustrating part is not being able to delete original 10 medium-sized rooms stuck in the middle of the house...

Last edited by Pitenana; 11-08-2010 at 12:57 PM..
Old 11-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #374
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinz-Waffles
They need to just let you type what ever you want using the same safty sofware as KC+
I agree. I loved when we could name our rooms.
softballipod is offline Female
Old 11-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #375
Googles rock!
Banned
2cheerios is sweet stuff
2cheerios is sweet stuff2cheerios is sweet stuff2cheerios is sweet stuff2cheerios is sweet stuff2cheerios is sweet stuff

I agree with you! It's just not fair for ganz to not even listen to us. This bothers me as well.
2cheerios is offline Female
Old 11-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #376

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by EXOTERIC
It was just yesterday I was looking at my map..named as per my wish since 2007..I hesistently renamed 2 rooms because every time I thought I was going to such a room I went to another (because I had moved the rooms' contents). I soooo wish that they would improve the naming system.

And, the application of the 'safe' room naming didn't affect the rooms that were poorly named because I still have all my rooms named as my heart desired (though not inappropriately) so their reply as provided by MysticZon doesn't make sense to me. Their methods only serve to prevent future misuse. Therefore, only punishing future users and not those who were the naughty. >>And, btw - that is a stellar post. I love the map...wish it were mine!

Anyway...I too very much want a change in the naming system...either improve it or change it radically!! Please for the life of my webkinz and for my sanity...PLEASE!!!!
You know something, Exoteric, I hadn't even thought about the fact that people who gave their rooms naughty names prior to early 2008 could very well still have those naughty room names. Indeed, Ganz's methods only served to prevent future misuse.

I have read every post in this thread plus countless other threads dealing with the "it ain't gonna go away" room naming topic and the same question keeps cropping up again and again ...

Why won't Ganz use the KC+ dictionary and allow us to name our rooms anything we want (within the limits of the filtering process) ??

There is only one answer I can come up with besides the traditional "Ganz doesn't care" ...

In my opinion, it's a matter of money and Ganz's priorities. Why would Ganz assign one or two or three programmers to fix something that will not make Ganz any money ?? Ganz would rather keep those programmers working on Hamsters or Zumbuddies or the next seven pets that will come out in 2012. Fixing the room naming system ... even adding more options that make sense doesn't make money ... just as fixing the existing glitches that have plagued WW for well over 2 years, doesn't make Ganz money. As we have seen time and time and time again, member satisfaction is NOT A PRIORITY.

Last edited by MysticZon; 11-08-2010 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: Correct a typo
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 11-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #377

Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by MysticZon
You know something, Exoteric, I hadn't even thought about the fact that people who gave their rooms naughty names prior to early 2008 could very well still have those naughty room names. Indeed, Ganz's methods only serve to prevent future misuse.

In my opinion, it's a matter of money and Ganz's priorities. Why would Ganz assign one or two or three programmers to fix something that will not make Ganz any money ?? Ganz would rather keep those programmers working on Hamsters or Zumbuddies or the next seven pets that will come out in 2012. Fixing the room naming system ... even adding more options that make sense doesn't make money ... just as fixing the existing glitches that have plagued WW for well over 2 years, doesn't make Ganz money. As we have seen time and time and time again, member satisfaction is NOT A PRIORITY.
That is good point ...but then again
I have a question to Deluxe members...
What would you rather have as your Deluxe membership : An option to put useless pet background or option to name you rooms ?
Hey I am not Deluxe but i would definably buy 2 month of membership to name my rooms
Hello Ganz you are missing on on opportunity here
Hide-and-seek is offline Female
Old 11-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #378

W friend is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by GoldenPuppy
I agree.

It should have that option with the drop down lists, and another option which lets you re-name rooms with the KinzChat PLUS word filter.

It really annoys me with a bunch of all purpose rooms. LOL
W friend is offline Female
Old 11-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #379

jemkinz is sweet stuff
jemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuffjemkinz is sweet stuff

Donation Award 

HEY! That would be a great deluxe feature -- naming our own rooms. We can hope.....
jemkinz is offline Female
Old 01-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #380
kmmhug has a spectacular aura aboutkmmhug has a spectacular aura about

Default The ability to choose our own names for the rooms

I am so frustrated with the naming options for our rooms. I have a fairly large home and hate that the choices are so limited. It would be nice if they at least added more choices but ideally they would allow us to just name our own. I don't like calling all my special rooms museums. I want to name them the Egyptian room, the Persian room, the jewel room, the Medevial room etc.
kmmhug is offline Female
Closed

Tags
emma!, s.m.o.p.h.i.e, small was here :]