Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #31
I love cheesecake
Webkinz :)

bluecheeky000 has a reputation beyond reputebluecheeky000 has a reputation beyond reputebluecheeky000 has a reputation beyond reputebluecheeky000 has a reputation beyond reputebluecheeky000 has a reputation beyond reputebluecheeky000 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Make Retired Pets into eStore only.

I'm going to have to disagree on this one. It would be great for RECENTLY retired pets, but people out there paid a lot of money for their rare pets and are very grateful and appreciate of them. If they turned into eStore, everyone would probably get all the rare rare pets, and chaos would erupt. The PSI's and food wouldn't be worth a ton as they used to be. It would be a waste to people who paid hundreds of $$$ for the rare pets. Retired pets need to stay retired.

Last edited by bluecheeky000; 07-13-2011 at 02:30 PM..
bluecheeky000 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #32

tditdatdm is a jewel in the roughtditdatdm is a jewel in the rough

i do not support their are people that spent over $1000.00 on the cheeky dog so that is a rip off retired means no more being made
tditdatdm is offline Female
Old 07-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #33

heart891011 knows the way
heart891011 knows the wayheart891011 knows the wayheart891011 knows the wayheart891011 knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by tditdatdm
i do not support their are people that spent over $1000.00 on the cheeky dog so that is a rip off retired means no more being made
agreed my friend i spent $100 on a love pup and $100 on a sherbert bunny that would be money down the drain
heart891011 is offline Female
Old 07-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #34
Call me Scarlet :3
SignaturePeaceP is the cats pajamas!SignaturePeaceP is the cats pajamas!SignaturePeaceP is the cats pajamas!SignaturePeaceP is the cats pajamas!SignaturePeaceP is the cats pajamas!SignaturePeaceP is the cats pajamas!

Well, I don't have an eStore account so I wouldn't get to buy the Love Puppy or any other retired pets. And it would be a lot better with the plush, because without it it feels like I have a bunch of Webkinz missing.
SignaturePeaceP is offline Female
Old 07-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #35
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

I completely disagree.
The whole point of having retired pets, is for collectors to go and find them! That's a big component in a game where things retire. It'd be no fun if everyone could have the pets right off the bat.

It wouldn't be fair to those who paid hundreds to get the pets, or traded so much for their PSIs.
It would put all the fun in having a cheeky dog and cheeky cat and love pup and sherbert bunny go to waste. It'd no longer be special to own those pets, so what's the fun in that?

View Post Originally Posted by Lambchop77
But those people need to think about everyone else who would enjoy having those pets. It was their choice to spend that kind of money on a webkinz, and it's a risk they run by doing so that others may get it for free or cheaper somewhere else. Besides they would still have an original plush pet with code. We'd just be getting the virtual pet, which as so many people say isn't worth much anyway.

I think they absolutely need to do this, they'd also make a lot more money, and a lot of webkinz fans happy.

Honestly I don't like that webkinz is about having things worth LOTS of money. It shouldn't be about all this value (which is why I'm not big on trading either). I don't want a Cheeky Dog because it's worth a lot. I want it because it's cute, and would be so fun to have on my account to play with. I like collecting because it's fun, not so that I can have some "rich" expensive collection of stuff. That isn't what webkinz should be about.
I just wanted to let you know I bolded all the statements I would like to comment on.

Yes, it was their choice to spend the money, but Ganz has told us before, Once a Pet has been retired, it's retired! They won't bring the Cheeky Dog back, no way. They know people are paying a lot to get them and collect them.

The code is really the only part of value of the Webbie pet. I was at Chapters yesterday, and they had some webbies on sale for $5 because they were missing codes, usually $16. There's a reason webbies are usually cheaper without codes, they aren't worth as much.

Sure this could make some kids happy, but there would also be a HUGE negative impact on the older fans and adults. Sure, we would have an initial excitement 'Ooh, we can get it now!" But I would feel extremely sorry for those who paid so much for these pets. I mean, they weren't expecting them to turn up suddenly in the e-store, and this isn't a 'risk' because Ganz said those would stay retired. I'd feel sorry for those who got them before they were retired, and were feeling special and happy about owning them, and they deserve them because they were playing back then!

And lastly, go find ANY plush collection, card collection, game collection, and tell me they don't have some pieces worth a LOT of money. It's boring if everything is constantly availible. Webbie collectors go and have fun hunting down all these pets, not because they feel they have to, because they enjoy doing it. If a person doesn't like collecting, then don't collect. But don't sit back and pout about not having the pet afterwards, that's not how the world works. You need to work at getting things you want.

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
I completely disagree.
The whole point of having retired pets, is for collectors to go and find them! That's a big component in a game where things retire. It'd be no fun if everyone could have the pets right off the bat.

It wouldn't be fair to those who paid hundreds to get the pets, or traded so much for their PSIs.
It would put all the fun in having a cheeky dog and cheeky cat and love pup and sherbert bunny go to waste. It'd no longer be special to own those pets, so what's the fun in that?

I just wanted to let you know I bolded all the statements I would like to comment on.

Yes, it was their choice to spend the money, but Ganz has told us before, Once a Pet has been retired, it's retired! They won't bring the Cheeky Dog back, no way. They know people are paying a lot to get them and collect them.

The code is really the only part of value of the Webbie pet. I was at Chapters yesterday, and they had some webbies on sale for $5 because they were missing codes, usually $16. There's a reason webbies are usually cheaper without codes, they aren't worth as much.

Sure this could make some kids happy, but there would also be a HUGE negative impact on the older fans and adults. Sure, we would have an initial excitement 'Ooh, we can get it now!" But I would feel extremely sorry for those who paid so much for these pets. I mean, they weren't expecting them to turn up suddenly in the e-store, and this isn't a 'risk' because Ganz said those would stay retired. I'd feel sorry for those who got them before they were retired, and were feeling special and happy about owning them, and they deserve them because they were playing back then!

And lastly, go find ANY plush collection, card collection, game collection, and tell me they don't have some pieces worth a LOT of money. It's boring if everything is constantly availible. Webbie collectors go and have fun hunting down all these pets, not because they feel they have to, because they enjoy doing it. If a person doesn't like collecting, then don't collect. But don't sit back and pout about not having the pet afterwards, that's not how the world works. You need to work at getting things you want.
I re-thought it, and there would be a condition I would agree to the idea.
As long as they codes are worth approximately the same value as they currently are on Ebay, and are still limited, I'd be fine.
But I wouldn't be fine if they were selling them for $12.50

Plus Webkinz has contests and stuff, and sometimes you can get a chance of them from there.
To the person also saying they don't care about people who want to make it a collector's game (In a collector's game EVERYTHING will be valued on a scale, that's how it works otherwise there would be no point to having it valuable) you do realize that by saying you don't care about them because they don't care that other's can't have one, you are being as 'selfish' as they are. And who said they didn't care? Others can get it, they just need the money and time to find it *shrugs*

Last edited by Amygirl8; 07-24-2011 at 09:56 AM..
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
jellydonut!