Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #11
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: I would love if this happend!

View Post Originally Posted by PurpleLilac88
I just changed it lolz arrggghhhh have a cookie lolz
Lol. COOKIE.
*NOM*
I feel like I'm being a stick in the mud.
xD

Because with your 10 released every so often even the slight change would change the value as well.
If 10 were released each month and everyone bought them, that's 10 more that weren't there.
And these pets are RARE so that makes a huge difference.
Even if it doesn't over the first month it will over the first few months.
Blythe is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #12
webkinzgirl1002
Webkinz :)

PurpleLilac88 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
Lol. COOKIE.
*NOM*
I feel like I'm being a stick in the mud.
xD

Because with your 10 released every so often even the slight change would change the value as well.
If 10 were released each month and everyone bought them, that's 10 more that weren't there.
And these pets are RARE so that makes a huge difference.
Even if it doesn't over the first month it will over the first few months.
say who what? lolz how about 5? 1?
PurpleLilac88 is offline Female
Old 07-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #13

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by Cheesy1
It is a good idea, but what about those people who have payed hundreds of dollars to get those pets? I know they wouldn't be happy, but I still like your idea!
Thanks for sharing it with us
But those people need to think about everyone else who would enjoy having those pets. It was their choice to spend that kind of money on a webkinz, and it's a risk they run by doing so that others may get it for free or cheaper somewhere else. Besides they would still have an original plush pet with code. We'd just be getting the virtual pet, which as so many people say isn't worth much anyway.

I think they absolutely need to do this, they'd also make a lot more money, and a lot of webkinz fans happy.

Honestly I don't like that webkinz is about having things worth LOTS of money. It shouldn't be about all this value (which is why I'm not big on trading either). I don't want a Cheeky Dog because it's worth a lot. I want it because it's cute, and would be so fun to have on my account to play with. I like collecting because it's fun, not so that I can have some "rich" expensive collection of stuff. That isn't what webkinz should be about.

Last edited by Lambchop77; 07-07-2011 at 10:23 PM..
Lambchop77 is offline Female
Old 07-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #14
Diabetes Awareness

kirsten600 has a brilliant futurekirsten600 has a brilliant futurekirsten600 has a brilliant futurekirsten600 has a brilliant futurekirsten600 has a brilliant future

Default Re: Make Retired Pets into eStore only.

freakin' yes!!!!! i support!!!! i really want the love puppy!!! i go to the estore almost everyday!!! that would be amazing!!!!!
kirsten600 is offline Female
Old 07-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #15
blessed with a curse
Gift Guru

wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
wenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlewenjun had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

View Post Originally Posted by Lambchop77
But those people need to think about everyone else who would enjoy having those pets. It was their choice to spend that kind of money on a webkinz, and it's a risk they run by doing so that others may get it for free or cheaper somewhere else. Besides they would still have an original plush pet with code. We'd just be getting the virtual pet, which as so many people say isn't worth much anyway.

I think they absolutely need to do this, they'd also make a lot more money, and a lot of webkinz fans happy.
i agree, but not everyone have a estore account, and others spend alot of money to buy those pets beacuse they are rare, and the PSI would not be as valuable,
i doubt that ganz would do this, but i would be happy if they did
wenjun is offline Female
Old 07-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #16

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by wenjun
i agree, but not everyone have a estore account, and others spend alot of money to buy those pets beacuse they are rare, and the PSI would not be as valuable,
i doubt that ganz would do this, but i would be happy if they did
Now that they have the estore cards in the stores, anyone can get them on the estore. I think not having to use a credit card really clears up that issue. If people view the virtual as a waste of money, then of course their only option is to spend the $500 on a stuffed animal.

Again I really don't have a lot of sympathy for those who want to turn this cute game in to a thing of value. Trading and collecting should be for the fun of it, not for "value". So many people would benefit from the fun of having these pets, that I think it far outweighs the problem of the few people who could afford a $500 stuffed animal. In the end they still have that "valuable" collectible (stuffed animal) that they paid for. We wouldn't get that.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #17
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words
robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words

I fully support this Idea, Ganz has not been treating the retailers in this area very nice for the last couple of years, I normally don't buy E-store , but I would Love an opportunity to get a Sig. Timber-wolf, Never saw one in this area or a Nightmare, I don't care about those with selfish motives, or the value drop, It's not fair some were not given the chance to get one in the first place.
robertcleveland is offline Male
Old 07-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #18

happyface is cool as a bunny clownhappyface is cool as a bunny clownhappyface is cool as a bunny clownhappyface is cool as a bunny clownhappyface is cool as a bunny clownhappyface is cool as a bunny clownhappyface is cool as a bunny clownhappyface is cool as a bunny clownhappyface is cool as a bunny clown

I would want that to happen for others, but unfortunatly I am not an E-store shopper because I don't really want to use real money for virtual stuff for my pet, I would rather just get my webkinz and try to win the contests--so everything is free!
Old 07-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #19
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by robertcleveland
I fully support this Idea, Ganz has not been treating the retailers in this area very nice for the last couple of years, I normally don't buy E-store , but I would Love an opportunity to get a Sig. Timber-wolf, Never saw one in this area or a Nightmare, I don't care about those with selfish motives, or the value drop, It's not fair some were not given the chance to get one in the first place.
Its not being Selfish.
It happens in anything you collect.
If you're a die hard collector you'll spend the extra money to get the pets/things you want.
If ganz made it where everyone could easily get every pet I don't believe there would be any fun in collecting them.
In any collection its always fun to showcase your rarest item.

I do however think that some pets should be available online.
Such as the nightmare. Like you said none came to your area.
Maybe around the holiday they're for? That would be a good idea.

Then if was like the lava dragon and retired then they wouldn't have to bring it back next september/october.
However, I don't believe retired pets should be on there.
It messes with the values and their rare-ness.

However, if GANZ started putting signature pets up there for the month they're for I don't see why there would be a problem with that.
But not retired pets (no matter how awesome that would be lol)
Blythe is offline Female
Old 07-08-2011, 01:13 AM   #20

I agree with robert. Ganz never promised they wouldn't put out a virtual pet of the retired pets. Just that they wouldn't be making anymore stuffed animals of it. It's not Ganz fault that people go out and spend such HUGE amounts on retired animals. If you decide to do that, then that is your personal choice. It's a gamble to invest huge amounts of money in something like this. Sometimes they end up not being worth what you paid. So yeah, it is not very nice to say it's more important to keep your value of a VIRTUAL pet item then to allow THOUSANDS of others to enjoy the pet online. Your "rare" stuffed animal would still remain rare.

Collecting is fun because you have a lot of nice things of a certain item. I enjoy my collection, which is rather big of webkinz. Not because of their value, because it's fun.

I'm completely for them putting them in the estore, I'm not concerned with people wanting to make this an expensive hobby, when it shouldn't be. They obviously aren't concerned with others not being able to have one.

Last edited by Lambchop77; 07-08-2011 at 01:24 AM..
Closed

Tags
jellydonut!