Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
Leanne
Gift Guru

aerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a hero
aerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a hero

Default Make Kinzville Map the Home Page

I've been adjusting to the new Kinzville Map and I think one thing that would really improve things would be for the Newspaper with all the information we need to know to appear when we first log on, but after I click on the Map to Kinzville and then visit a location, when I am finished with the location/activity the Map becomes the home page instead of the newspaper. So, I log into ww and read the new information on the front page of the Newspaper, then I click on Map to Kinzville. Then, let's say I visit the employment office; once I'm finished with the employment office the Map of Kinzville could come back up instead of the front page of the Newspaper. I need to get back to the map to do anything else anyway.

What does everyone else think?

UPDATE:

I have another idea. There is a Webkinz logo on the upper right hand corner of the screen that is always visible. That logo could be used to make a clickable link to the map. Anytime we clicked on the logo we would go to the map.

Last edited by aerogrit; 12-28-2010 at 04:27 PM..
aerogrit is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
Gift Guru

cupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum master
cupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum master

Default Re: Make Kinzville Map the Home Page

I agree they need to change it where the map is the front page instead. It would be less confusing.
cupcake00497 is offline Female
Old 12-12-2010, 12:10 AM   #3
Webkinz :)

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

I agree.
tarabella9 is offline Female
Old 12-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
Leanne
Gift Guru

aerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a hero

Thank you both for your support! In addition to being less confusing, I think it would help us find our way around better, and with less clicking.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:42 AM   #5
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted

WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness
WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I agree, aerogrit, but think the map should be the first screen after login; we can click on the newspaper from the map, and like you stated - almost everything we do has to start with the map.

Also, the labels clutter it up - I wish the default would be labels off.
WetNose is offline Female
Old 12-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #6
Leanne
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by WetNose
I agree, aerogrit, but think the map should be the first screen after login; we can click on the newspaper from the map, and like you stated - almost everything we do has to start with the map.

Also, the labels clutter it up - I wish the default would be labels off.
Yes, I think you are right, but I also think that Ganz will want to keep the newspaper the home page since so many people would never see the announcements about new information if they needed to click on another page to get to it. So they can put up announcements, but after that let us get back to the map from any other page easily.

Thanks so much for your comment!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
Webkinz :)

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

I agree with the suggestion - the map should be the first page to see. The running newsline would do for REALLY important news, and others can eventually be red in the newspaper.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
Gifted

FROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonder

great ideal
FROGPRINCESS27 is offline Female
Old 12-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #9
ho?... Me?
Gifted

ArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with graceArkMama wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I support this idea. It makes sense.
ArkMama is offline Female
Old 12-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #10
Leanne
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Pitenana
I agree with the suggestion - the map should be the first page to see. The running newsline would do for REALLY important news, and others can eventually be red in the newspaper.
So True! There is news streaming across the top of the kinzville map screen and we should be able to click on it to get to the newspaper if we want to read more.

Thank you everyone for your support!
Closed