Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
Fred will become famous soon enough

Default Losing JOBS - A Logical BUG

Account Type:
All accout types

Time Zone:
All time zones

Server Number:
All servers.

Detailed Description:

I have meant to report this one forever. For nearly two years I have been frustrated with this annoying BUG. I think it is a critical logical bug in the way the system handles JOBS. If this is a feature, it is a very bad, unjustified and unnecessary one.

The software keeps a pointer as to when the last job was done. Unfortunately, that pointer is updated the moment the player starts a job (not to be confused with the clock countdown). The problem with this logic is that the system all too often freezes, crashes, etc. before a job was completed or before it was credited. It happened to me countless times; the system got stuck after the job completion before payment was made. As a result, I never received the money for that job, and I couldn't redo the job for another 8 hours.

It doesn't have to be this way. It is just bad logic and unfortunate design. Given the clock starts its countdown only after the job had been completed, there is no need to change that particular pointer as soon as the job was started. It would be more appropriate to do it upon completion, successful or otherwise, of the job.

If your Webkinz window crashes or get stuck in the middle of mining for gems, looking for stars or making wishes, you are able to log back and resume or redo that activity. It is clear one cannot recapture the job and continue it from where it was left off. However, having the opportunity not so much to resume but to re-start an interrupted job should be a desired behavior and trivial to fix.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
ell, Hello

NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell
NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: Losing JOBS - A Logical BUG

I am sorry that this is happening to you Fred! I have thankfully never experienced this, but it certainly is not fair!! Does it happen often that you lose KC? Maybe calling Ganz would help if it is happening on your account frequently. Their phone # is 1-866-webkinz (1-866-932-5469). Good Luck!
NR1991 is offline Female
Old 11-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Since this is more of a suggestion for Ganz than a glitch report, this thread is now in the "Ideas for Ganz" section.
FIA is offline Female
Old 11-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #4

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

That's not as good idea as it might seem. People who are failing a job - like, having a few seconds left when the job isn't half done - will be tempted to close the browser.
Closed