Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 01:36 AM   #1
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

RamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond repute

Lightbulb Kinzdergarten (An interactive area for Pre-k to Kindergarteners)

I have been thinking on this for a while (Since I bought my first lil'kinz 2 months ago) and while I am sure others have made a post about the same thing I will rush ahead with my idea.

The idea is not everyone is ready for the Kinzville Academy, and kids like my daughters are not old enough or coordinated enough to complete some of the more difficult tasks. So I would like something that allows them a chance to get acquainted with using the keyboard, computer and othe hand eye skills.

Keyboard Krunch- Shows a Keyboard on the screen and a letter flashes 5 times and the children have a few seconds to find it on the keyboard. Every time you get all the letters and numbers correct without a mistake, you get an alphabet poster that can be hung in your room or sold for w7 at the W Shop.

Mouse in the house- A series of mazes that the children need to move the mouse through with out letting the mouse icon touch any of the walls. Free random food for your pet for each maze completed.

Spelling Beez- Age appropriate (Select level by age/grade)
kindergarten Kids are shown simple words with a picture and one letter missing and must pick the right letter. (See below)

_at

C
B
H

1-4th grades kids words are shown words at their reading level with three spellings and they have to chose the right ones.
5-6th grades middle aged kids similar words are shown with a definition and they must pick the one that goes with that definition.
Spelling Beez Trophy earned for each 3 levels completed.

Mathimagical- Age appropriate
k-1st grade gets simple addition subtraction of item pictures. (Like 5 apples minus 2 apples and they select the right picture of how many apples are left.) And shape identification. (How many sides are on a shape, with mutiple choice numbers to select.)
2nd grade is simple addition and subtraction of numbers (and coins) and a blank where they type in the answers and another part with the disection of shapes into equal parts. Shape Identification by name.
3rd grade More advanced addition and subtraction and simple multiplication division tables with answers they need to type in.
4th grade more complex Multiplication and Division.
Wizardz wand trophy (that makes a rainbow) for the completion of each grade.

I have other ideas for this but I am tired and want to post another idea first...

View Post Originally Posted by tashkinz
That is truly an awesome idea for sure! The thing that I most appreciate about Webkinz is it`s educational value. I also appreciate your ideas, for more educational games, and for more for the younger pet owners. Pre-schoolers / kindergarteners really enjoy webkinz, so it would be nice to have more for them to do independantly and enjoy!

I will back up your idea also for the addition and subtraction. They could definatly do some more with math games.

How about learning the colors of the rainbow - fill in the missing colors or something along those lines and get three right, something like the fence painting game.

Learning primary/secondary colors

A game where you have to put the food items into the appropriate food groups. A game for learning health.

Finish the pattern - possibly with shapes.

Even matching the number word to the numeral. Matching opposites, items that go together (ex. hammer & nail, tub & soap, etc.), would also be fun for the younger ones.

Well like I said, I'm in full support and really hope that this goes somewhere!
Do you try posting your comments under the newspaper section... I hope they're listening!

:cs:
View Post Originally Posted by NewfieFan
Ok, here's another game idea for Kinzdergarten...

Clockinz - A digital clock with a certain time on it (ie. 8:30) would come up on the screen and then you would have to put the hands on a mechanical/wall clock in the right position.
It could start out with just doing the hour (ie. 1:00, 2:00, etc.) and then it would progress to the half hour (1:30, 2:30 etc.), and so on and so forth.

I think this would be an important skill to learn in Webkinz World as a lot of activities revolve around kinz time and kids need to know how to tell time!

Last edited by RamsesII; 01-01-2008 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: title change
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
By night i'm a
Webkinz :)

cubbyfanjohn has a spectacular aura aboutcubbyfanjohn has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Kinzdergarten

ohh...now that is a good idea!
Old 11-18-2007, 09:14 AM   #3
Gifted
NewfieFan is on a distinguished road

That's a great idea! I've always said they need more on this site for the younger ones. Whether they designed Webkinz for the 4 and under or not, the fact is the younger ones are into it just as much as the older kids. So lets put some stuff on for the little ones to enjoy! My son cannot do the Kinzville Academy at all. I do it for him just b/c he wants to have the actions for this pets.
But yes that's a good idea you have there and could have a lot of possibilities...
Old 11-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #4
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

RamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond repute

I only wish there was more support for this idea. It really needs to be acknowledged. There are a lot of people who think the same thing. Maybe after I become a regular member I can edit my post's title so more people would be interested.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

Default Kinzdergarten for the younger playerz

I just wanted to see if there was any interest in this idea. I want to see if there are any other moms and dads who read this forum and would be willing to discuss this issue or support it.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
lilshrimp888
Gift Guru

lilshrimp888 has a spectacular aura about

Nice idea!! Well thought out and planned to, rep point, comin' your way!!
Old 12-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #7
Pround Canadian!
Gifted

jojo1597 is a splendid one to beholdjojo1597 is a splendid one to beholdjojo1597 is a splendid one to beholdjojo1597 is a splendid one to behold

I think that this is a great idea!!!!!
jojo1597 is offline Female
Old 12-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #8
Gifted
NewfieFan is on a distinguished road

So, have you thought about anymore ideas for your Kinzdergarten...? I got to say this idea really is exciting to me because I have younger kids. I can see my son really enjoying something like this.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #9
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

Yes I have a few ideas, but I don't want to give my full attention when when there is so little interest. I am a theme Fanatic. I love nothing more than coming up with ideas for people, but for some reason much of my stuff is only recognized by a few people...
Old 12-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #10
Gifted
tashkinz is an unknown quantity at this point

That is truly an awesome idea for sure! The thing that I most appreciate about Webkinz is it`s educational value. I also appreciate your ideas, for more educational games, and for more for the younger pet owners. Pre-schoolers / kindergarteners really enjoy webkinz, so it would be nice to have more for them to do independantly and enjoy!

I will back up your idea also for the addition and subtraction. They could definatly do some more with math games.

How about learning the colors of the rainbow - fill in the missing colors or something along those lines and get three right, something like the fence painting game.

A game where you have to put the food items into the appropriate food groups. A game for learning health.

Even matching the number word to the numeral. Matching opposites, items that go together (ex. hammer & nail, tub & soap, etc.), would also be fun for the younger ones.

Do you try posting your comments under the newspaper section... I hope they're listening!

---------- tashkinz added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later ----------

---------- tashkinz added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later ----------

sorry for the double post... it timed out!

Last edited by tashkinz; 12-02-2007 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed