Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
Gifted

labsrock has disabled reputation

Default Re: The KinzChat 13+

There are many mature 12, 11, 10, 9 etc. year olds who would be dissapointed. And as for numbers that would be an easy key to personal info. But it's an okay idea
labsrock is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 08:41 PM   #12
Webkinz :)

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

How about to raise the age threshold to 18, and use credit card number as verification? Word filtering would be limited to masking swear words and direct insults. In fact, I'd sign for Deluxe just to have access to such room/channel. Players who behave abusively are mostly teenagers, so such room/channel would be blessingly free of them.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #13

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

I think it's a good idea. I wouldn't be able to do it yet, but still I like it.
tarabella9 is offline Female
Old 07-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #14
Gifted

Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up
Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up

View Post Originally Posted by Pitenana
How about to raise the age threshold to 18, and use credit card number as verification? Word filtering would be limited to masking swear words and direct insults. In fact, I'd sign for Deluxe just to have access to such room/channel. Players who behave abusively are mostly teenagers, so such room/channel would be blessingly free of them.
I don't think credit card numbers would be a very good way to determine someones age. I know some teenagers with credit cards, and some adults without them. So if they did that there would be some teenagers who would still be able to access it, and some adults who wouldn't.

Online there is no way to prove your age, so putting an age restriction on KC+ just wouldn't work. If you go off of the age that is entered when you create your WW account, people are just going to make new accounts and lie. Email wont work because people of all ages have email accounts. In school they are introducing kids to computers at very young ages, so i wouldn't be surprised if a 6 or 7 year old was able to make an email account on their own. Credit cards wont work because like i said before, some teenagers have them, and some adults don't. So unless they are going to go to extremes and do background checks on people that want to use KC+ (and that would involve giving Ganz access to some pretty personal information) i just don't see a fair way to set an age limit on it.
Jenny is offline Female
Old 07-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #15
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

Yeah... But people would lie about their birthdays. And I am sure some of my friends on webkinz arent 13 yet
though I would like to chat with other teenagers, I am sure SO many people would lie about their age and birthdate that there would be no point
I know for a fact lots of my ww friends are not 13, so I wouldnt use it anyway

Last edited by jellydonut; 07-05-2011 at 10:59 PM..
jellydonut is offline Female
Old 07-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #16
Gifted

hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day
hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day

The reporting feature would have to be extra snappy.
hoodedwarbler13 is offline Male
Old 07-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #17

Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!

I agree. Instead of hiring kids they could hire adults working for Ganz so it could be trusted. (: Besides that, I really like the idea!
Dudeness is offline Female
Old 07-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #18

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by xx_jenny_xxx
I don't think credit card numbers would be a very good way to determine someones age. I know some teenagers with credit cards, and some adults without them.
A teenager mature enough to handle a credit card is (usually!) a teenager mature enough to behave. And come on, an adult without a credit or checking card? How do they buy eStore points?
Old 07-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #19
Gifted

Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up
Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up

View Post Originally Posted by Pitenana
A teenager mature enough to handle a credit card is (usually!) a teenager mature enough to behave. And come on, an adult without a credit or checking card? How do they buy eStore points?
Not everyone buys from the estore.
And you would be surprised because there are a lot of adults without credit cards. Credit cards can become very expensive after a while because you have to pay interest on every thing you buy, then you have to worry about paying it off in time, and all of the fees and everything, not everyone wants to deal with that, especially with the way the economy is right now. There are plenty of young adults who are still living at home with their parents because they are either still going to school, or they just can't afford to move out yet. If they can't afford to move out of their parents house, do you really think that they can afford a credit card? Probably not.
Not all teenagers with credit cards are mature. One of my friends had a credit card that her parents gave her, but they didn't give it to her because she was mature and responsible, they gave it to her because they love to spoil her rotten, but it wasn't long before her parents took the credit card back.
Honestly, i think setting the age limit for it at 18 is even worse than setting it at 13. Just because someone is an adult, doesn't mean that they are mature, and just because someone is a teenager, doesn't mean that they are immature.
Jenny is offline Female
Old 07-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #20
no

pikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talent

How about people having to take 3 "tests":
1. Ganz checks the birthdate you put into WW when you joined
2. Ganz asks for your credit card number
3. Ganz asks for your E-mail
If the people who want to use it "pass", they can use KC 13+. =)
Closed

Tags
a bird perched here!, jellydonut!