Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2007, 11:22 PM   #21
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

RamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Aren't you tired of the same old Hourly Activities every day?!?!

Just think if the adults feel this way how do our kids feel?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2007, 11:26 PM   #22
TragiosLagios
Gift Guru

TragiosLagios is on a distinguished road

I think it was kind of funny when the quick draws came back and Justin wrote that your chances of winning are close to one and a million and then someone from Ganz contacted him and corrected him saying that your chances are much greater than that. Why is it that more people are winning the quick draws? Is Ganz really that cheap? A game isn't fun when you never win and Ganz should realize this!

I agree that the Wheel of the Month should only be once a month and perhaps on special occasions but the prizes on the Wheel should be super cool as well!
Old 12-25-2007, 11:32 PM   #23
momtocode
Gifted
momtocode has a spectacular aura about

I think that this website was created for kids and we as adults have taken a lot of the fun out of it. I used to enjoy some of the games, but I bore so much more easily than a 10 year old. I don't think their expectatiions are as high as ours are. They can't imagine the collecting of all of the gifts and winning is something that happens only a few times. Not everyday. The rare items are just that, rare. Kids only care when we make it a priority. Just my opinion. Let them eat the gingerbread cookie. What are you saving it for? It's virtual!
Old 12-25-2007, 11:44 PM   #24
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

RamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by momtocode
I think that this website was created for kids and we as adults have taken a lot of the fun out of it. I used to enjoy some of the games, but I bore so much more easily than a 10 year old. I don't think their expectatiions are as high as ours are. They can't imagine the collecting of all of the gifts and winning is something that happens only a few times. Not everyday. The rare items are just that, rare. Kids only care when we make it a priority. Just my opinion. Let them eat the gingerbread cookie. What are you saving it for? It's virtual!
Great post. Thanks for the response. Now my question becomes one of advocation of Gambling for our children... No, Just kidding. I am not really saying that. I know it is all in the spirit of fun, but it could and should be done differently.

You made a great point in that it was created for kids, but fully 1/2 of their business is adult collectors, so should they not do their best to try to appease the growing masses? They brought back old games at our request, this being one of them, so obviously they understand the demand base, now my push is that they only make a few changes... Ask yourself why it was removed in the first place... Now, don't you think there is probable cause for us to ask for a few changes?

This part was added later. I could not bring myself to post the harsh part on Christmas Day.

This post was actually started when my 8 year old daughter confronted me about the "Why do they have that Game. You never win anything and you hafta wait for it to rub off all the numbers even after you know you don't win. It's just... " Sadly got herself into trouble saying a word we do not allow in this house. Needless to say, I believe that while their expectations may be lower for what they get, their expectations are MUCH higher for actually getting it. We as adults are the ones who appreciate and yes even sometimes enjoy the value of getting something much harder to get or that we had to work for. It make the value of having it greater to us when we know it was earned or a rarer item.

Also if this sight is still for kids, then why are so many of the jobs in the employment office so difficult? Have you every tried winning a Trophy on some of these games? Have you played the last few parts of Quizzy's? Seriously, this sight though started for kids has already been redrafted to welcome the adults as well.

I agree there should be a lot more child friendly items and I have posted a few ideas about that. My youngest daughter has very little she can actually do on here, but she loves it because she gets to do things her big sister does. She gets frustrated because she "...can never do anything." Seriously it is sad that this sight could have so vast and audiance and not even caiter to it's primary target audience...

That said, what do you think of the ideas in this thread? http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/kinzdergarten-t125991.html?t=125991

Last edited by RamsesII; 12-26-2007 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: Adding information that was not place for reasons of holiday spirit.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:48 PM   #25
momtocode
Gifted
momtocode has a spectacular aura about

I agree with the creative directors answers in the interview that it should be on a childs level. Let them have a fun and safe place to play. There are a lot of websites out there for adults. This is the best of the best for kids and I love being a kid in WW. I agree there is a time to voice your opinion to Ganz, but allow the kids to have the last word.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:49 PM   #26
Cherisk8
Gift Guru

Cheri will become famous soon enough

I think Bingo is a waste of time too.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:53 PM   #27
Gifted

noozle4me is an unknown quantity at this point

I couldn't agree more. It is a waste of time for the average w-shop item. Now have exclusive items to make it more exciting. I don't even bother with them anymore. It is like we learn in economics...there's no such thing as a free lunch! It isn't worth it.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:56 PM   #28
Littlex3red
Gift Guru

littlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roost

I have to say from a kids point of view (please don't tell my mom I am still up) I haven't been able to get on most of the day. I need to add my new webkinz, but I don't like the quick draw, but I still like to mine every day -- I want that crown. The charm forest is not as much fun, but I still do it, most of the employement office is now set up for adults with harder stuff than I can do. I love to spin the wheel -- I want to spin more than once a month. I am still hoping to get the wall thingy.

I know you guys get bored, but I don't go on everyday, I have homework, and clarinet, and lacrosse. - the stuff I missed for two days still seems new to me. I would like more stuff, but I miss most of the 4 - 7 pm stuff so I like them offering it a lot -- it is like your favorite movie that they play several times so that you can actually find the time to see it.

I love the booger gets an A -- I actually got a trophy -- you ever try that gumball game or the googles one. -- quick draw could be better -- I missed it all together tonight.

I agree with some of your stuff, but I have to give kudos (I hope spelled right) to Ganz also.

Good and bad in everything as my mom says.

Happy New Year.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:59 PM   #29
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by momtocode
I agree with the creative directors answers in the interview that it should be on a childs level. Let them have a fun and safe place to play. There are a lot of websites out there for adults. This is the best of the best for kids and I love being a kid in WW. I agree there is a time to voice your opinion to Ganz, but allow the kids to have the last word.
I so totally agree with your answer. Let the children decide. Sadly some of the children here are very upset with this same issue. So my new question is, to the creative director.

Are the final testers adults or children? Do they give you the thumbs up before you go ahead with another idea, or do you as the creative director (An adult) make the decision that an idea or concept is good and Ganz should run with it? If so then I am sure the pipe smoking Arte-Clause must have been a great decision...

I have heard a lot of kids (especially my daughters' friends) pipe in that they wish they could play more games that they could win. Most of them don't even bother with the scratch off. At 8 yrs old my daughter will play checkers at hard level and throw the game because she is gaurunteed 15 KC everytime in under 2 minutes. She loves to buy clothes for her webkinz and buy food to experiment with recipes. They are uncoersed by me in their ideas, the only thing I help them with is recipes (That is how I discovered this wonderful site.) I come here to discuss my ideas and other peoples ideas with adults.

Last edited by RamsesII; 12-26-2007 at 01:46 PM..
Old 12-26-2007, 12:07 AM   #30
Roohoo1
Gifted

Roohoo1 has a spectacular aura about

I agree with just about all the comments. I think most of the Hourly Activities are inane and my children and I rarely do them. The KC and the W Shop coupons are nice, though.

Why can't the Jellybean game at least tell us if we're high or low, so we'd have some sort of chance to hone in on the answer? My kids just put in the zip codes or telephone exchanges of their friends.

Why can't we win something for getting a few of the correct numbers in the Quickdraws? Why aren't the prizes more fun? Why don't we have to scratch off every number ourselves? It does the numbers itself. Why doesn't it stop scratching once it reveals the first incorrect number since we're not going to win anything anyway?

Why is something on sale considered an Hourly Activity? It's hardly an activity at all; the arrow button doesn't even take us to the sale category in the W Shop.

However, maybe some of the youngest kids enjoy these things. I know mine, who are 9 and 11, don't, and no one else we know does, but maybe somewhere out there some of the little ones do. Ganz could improve the educational aspect of these Activities, though, with just a little effort at changes.

Having the jellybean game tell the players if they're high or low will have them do math before their next guess.

Scratching off the numbers themselves in the Quickdraw rather than having the computer do it, and making it worth the time and trouble to scratch through to the end, will make the players do a quick comparison to see if each number is a winner.

Clicking on the hourly sale will, well, OK, I don't see any value in that to anyone other than someone who has been patiently waiting for a particular item to go on sale rather than playing games with his or her friends to earn enough KC to actually buy it when they want it.

There is so much they could do to tweak the Daily Activities and the Hourly Actitives, I hope they get around to looking at them soon. Ganz does have to keep the adult players happy, along with the kids, if it wants to keep Webkinz as popular as it is now.
Closed