Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 10:28 PM   #161
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

RamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Sick of the Hourly and Daily Activities? Come vent. Ganz needs to hear how sick we are of this...

View Post Originally Posted by mangus
Well hey, thats why they call them DAILY activities. The same ole' same ole' boring. boring activities that you get ripped off on. Maybe I am being a little harsh, but They need to have the good exciting things more often!
I think we are going to have to start calling them Dully activities...
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2008, 11:01 PM   #162
Flash flood

Default Re: Sick of the Hourly and Daily Activities? Come vent. Ganz needs to hear how sick we are of this...

I agree with pretty much all of that.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #163
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

RamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, So do I.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:00 AM   #164
Deanna475

I think I can sum up in one sentence (very rare for me if you've ever read my posts LOL) how those of us who are weary, bored, annoyed, disappointed, irritated, and feel ripped off see the US vs GANZ situation ...

Think of Ganz as our captain ~ Capt. Ganz at the wheel ~ and we are the deckhands who are ready to mutiny.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #165
Gifted
NewfieFan is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by zolee123
Hate quick draws too. But I just read the beginning rant and I wonder why this person even does Webkinz. They don't seem to enjoy it at all so why bother?
We rant b/c we love Webkinz! If we didn't care about it, we'd throw our hands up in the air and walk away! But some people (ie. RamsesII) have a vision for what this virtual world could be. The site has potential (loads of it, actually) but right now it's lacking in a few areas (ok, maybe more than a few)! We've also invested too much money to give up as well. It's a product we've purchased and we expect to get our money's worth at the end of the day! Ganz has lost focus but hopefully things will turn around (for the better)...
Old 01-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #166
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by zolee123
Hate quick draws too. But I just read the beginning rant and I wonder why this person even does Webkinz. They don't seem to enjoy it at all so why bother?
Because I am a passionate person, and the loss of so much at one time is enfuriating. I loved what it was and want that back... Read the rest of my thread(s) If you have the time... If not please refrain from bad mouthin me.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #167
I'm The Cooliest
Gift Trainee

RoxyRulez709 is on a distinguished road

It's just a waste of my time.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #168
jtimberlake101

Totally Totally agree!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #169
PMme4it
Gift Guru

DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!

So...why do you even play on webkinz if there is little you are thrilled with? It seems that everyone wants more and more and more and "vents" if they are not pleased. Maybe you should start your own virtual pet site and use your experiences with webkinz to make it the exact way you want it to be...but I can guarantee that you will have many people complain to you about all you are doing wrong. Sure, the hourly events can be repetative, but I personally am happy with every thing I am able to do and all the free items I am able to get. If there are none...no biggie as they never promised I would have all I wanted and then some. Would anyone even be happy then? I'm sure most would find something to be unhappy about....
As for the big button of Kinzcash....it is a big button....and we should be thankful they give out free cash at all...
It sounds like most want webkinz to be a big brother government program....I'll pay my $12.99 taxes , but you better give me everything I want and need and then more just because I want it.
Can't we all be grateful and thankful for what they do? That's my vent.....JUST BE HAPPY!!

---------- DramaQueen added 6 Minutes and 13 Seconds later ----------

Maybe you just need to find a new hobby or acitivity...life would be much happier for you...at least it seems that way.....sorry if that sounds a little "off", but seriously guys...if you're that unhappy with a virtual world, pack it up....is real life as bad too? I hope not.
View Post Originally Posted by Deanna475
Ramses, I couldn't have said it any better and your ideas are bang on !! I wrote a mini-novel over at Williamson's thread and I'm going to do a copy and paste here of the same post as it applies to both threads.

WARNING TO READERS: This post contains venting, sarcasm and cynicism and is rated PG. Reader discretion is advised.

My niece introduced me to (as I call it sarcastically now) the Wonderful World of Webkinz on November 6, 2007. Today is January 10, 2008 ~ Not quite 2 months and I'm ready to walk away from WW. If it werent' for my niece and few friends I've made through WI (both in "real life" and online), I probably would hang up my plushies and walk away. Why? Because I'm not getting my money's worth and I'm constantly aggravated.

That which entertains me is designing my little virtual rooms and trading for the better and higher-end items in the GE so I can make my little virtual rooms look better, and ..... hmmmm ..... that's about it. So for the hundreds of dollars I've spent, I've received approximately 2 months of entertainment.

I am bored. I want new things that WON'T cost me real cash ~ translated means GET SOME NEW STUFF IN THE W-SHOP AND PUT A RUSH ON IT. Geez, I'm so sick of the W-Shop and the Curio Shop is not any better. "HEY GANZ, what's wrong with putting the Medieval Curtains in the Curio Shop a little more often than once a year ?? " Like are those darn things retired or will they ever come around for the new folks like me ?? I'm sorry, but I don't have an arm and a leg and first-born and 10 PRICELESS RETIRED items to trade for 2 curtains in the GE ~ regardless of what the Guide says (actual value according to the Guide: 2600 KC. Value "on the streets", about as rare and priceless as a red or purple lava and people will laugh and mock you if you offer anything less for them).

But I digress .... where was I now in my ranting? Oh yeah ...

I want better odds. I used to play the arcade games quite a bit in the first month. Sure, who doesn't want a nifty trophy to display on the pedestals that come with EVERY THEME. You know, I've got a trohpy pedestal in every room and I've got ..... ZERO trophies to display on them.

I do not waste my time with Dunk the Zingos ~ for what $25? Phffft, I can make $250 as Ms. Birdy's assistant. Scratch and Win? Well, they've got the Scratch part right ..... Bingoz ?? Hyeah, hright. Balloon Dartz? If I get one more daisy clip, cowboy boots, bunny clown or Zingos in a box, I'm gonna scream. How hard would it be to change those prizes at least once a year? Wheel of Wow? OK, I do it because it's only 1 click but I usually end up with Gak or $20. Wheel of Yum? I usually end up with a banana ~ and not even a BUNCH of bananas ~ just one banana. Wheel of the Month? Now there's the most overrated wheel of them all, but I'll cover that further down. Jellybean Challenge? Uh ... no. 'Nuff said.

Now, as for the POTM .... here is where Ganz really suckered us in and I mean big !! Taken directly from the front Log In page of WW:

Special POTM Events ??? Hmmmm, so once a week, POTM people get an extra spin on the Wheel of WOW. Maybe 2 or 3 times that month, you get a spin on the WOTM and maybe you'll win something awesome !! (or not !!) Or maybe POTM people will "click here for an extra $50 bonus". Hey, and POTM people are really lucky .... they'll get to play an extra round of Dunk the Zingoz or Balloon Dartz and win twice the amount of garbage prizes !!

Don't even get me started on those glitches, maintenance issues, problems logging on at all, the incredible server overload since Dec. 25th (gee, didn't Ganz foresee 13 million people adopting pets all at the same time on the same day ~ and the one day that matters the most to kids at that? Did the last 2 years' financial reports not give Ganz an indication that Christmas Year 3 was gonna go through the roof? And how about getting kicked off during one of my better Goober's Lab games (just happened tonight, actually made it past level 10 for a change ~ are we sure that game isn't glitched too, BTW ??). The glitches and lack of attention to them on Ganz's part is endless. I'll stop here.

I bought 4 purses today so I could have one of each of the magic wardrobes. Entered the codes for 2 of them and selected my wardrobe. POOF. Got kicked off. Did this 3 times to me. Then it hit me .... ahhhh, a magic wardrobe glitch and not the good kind. Ganz, why do you release new products when the site isn't ready to accept them yet? That's just downright mean.

My "real life" friend I met through the GE (we discovered we live 15 minutes apart) was visiting me tonight and I have 3 computers and we're trying to do our dailies and hourlies. Besides the fact that every time we tried to log on, we got the Green Screen of Death, the site was sluggish, laggy and kept kicking us off. For 2 hours, we sat side by side and just muttered under our breath and got frustrated and annoyed. I swear someone's ears at Ganz's Computer Department were burning because we cussed them out something awful. Site performance is at an ultimate low and totally unacceptable level. Even Ganz admits it ... sort of ...

Okay, we don't have enough screen space to cover the issues I have with that statement but let's just say 500 KC and an extra month's extension on my account ain't even gonna begin to cover my inconvenience.

OK, OK, I'm sarcastic, cynical and bitter when it comes to Ganz and WW. Why do I rant on Ganz (through WI) every chance I get? Because I'm sadly disappointed with what I'm getting for my money and Ganz doesn't even try to make it better. So why bother continuing? Why bother at all with WW. Why not just chalk it up to a bad experience and check out the Penguin Club or Build-A-Bear thing. Because I've invested too much money into this "game" and virtual world to walk away. As BLUEEYZ said so perfectly:

Another reason I rant and vent so much is because I have this dream where the all those responsible decision-making people at Ganz will READ OUR POSTS and go, "So that's what we're doing wrong !! (picture Ganz's CEOS knocking the heals of their hands against their foreheads in the "I could've had a V8" gesture). We need to make some changes to WW and fast or else we're gonna lose alot of members." But that won't happen and there are too many new people who haven't been on WW long enough to become bored with it (remember those 13 million people who all tried to adopt their pets on Dec. 25th? Those new people !!). Ganz is still making their gazillions of dollars and if they lose the ones who have been with them since Year 1, the newcomers just move in and take our places. It's a neverending cycle. I call it the Ganz Circle of Life.

And if I feel like this, imagine how the kids feel. I know my niece doesn't even play the games anymore either because she's never even seen a trophy until I showed her a picture of one on WI. She doesn't care about the hourlies and she forces herself to do the dailies. All she wants are the good items that Aunt Deanna trades her ice cream tree and totem poles for so she can fix up her virtual world and let her pets take turns riding around in the reindeer sleigh.

Anyway, it's past 3:00 a.m. and I have chores to do. Maybe if I'm lucky, today I'll get $50 on the Wheel of WOW instead of Grey Gak.

Thanks for letting me take up your screen space and your time. And Ramses, if you made it to the bottom of this post, again, I commend you. Somehow when you rant, it sounds better.

Deanna

Some time later ~ For the enquiring minds that want to know, I got the lame pink fuzzy slippers on the Wheel of WoW just now. Woo Hoo. Sold those puppies pronto for $18.

---------- Deanna475 added 334 Minutes and 59 Seconds later ----------

Giving this thread a bump ~ it's too good to get lost in the shuffle.
---------- DramaQueen added 20 Minutes and 37 Seconds later ----------

i felt like I needed to come back and apologize...i've been in a house with whining kids all day and probably shouldn't have read this thread/or responded as I was not in the right frame of mind. So, sorry if I said anything to upset or offend. In all honesty tho...I do really like the site and am just thankful my kids and I have a fun safe place to go..wether or not I get $1 or $1000 on the big button of kinzcash.

Last edited by DramaQueen; 01-11-2008 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #170
Gifted

TitusJr is on a distinguished road

I agree with absolutely everything you said. And I am one that gets bored rather easily if something doesnt keep my attention.

As for the games. I only play the ones I know I can get the most kc for. Even the extra bonus for the games of the day and such arent overly exciting.

Nevertheless, I still login . . . in hopes things might change.

I also noticed that some of those games are hard for children. Our 6 yr old son should be able to do ALL the games on this site, since its supposed to be geared towards children... thats a bit aggitating!
Closed