Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 12:54 AM   #141
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: GANZ please change the Hourly and Daily Activities?

View Post Originally Posted by RamsesII
Wow, I never expected you to come out that harsh. You have always been such a sweet person. I love it! LOL. Thanks Dixiecup...
LOL, no one EVER suspects the butterfly!
Oh my, Heehee, Angelofharlem, yours is reading like a Dr. Seuss book. 'I do not like it, Ramses man, I do not like Green eggs and Ham.' (not meant to offend.)

Last edited by Dixiecup; 01-10-2008 at 01:19 AM..
Dixiecup is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2008, 01:07 AM   #142
chubchub loves Cake
Gift Guru

angelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossible
angelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossible

Sorry guess I am tired I did say i am learning lol

---------- angelofharlem added 5 Minutes and 15 Seconds later ----------

I do not like is better than saying I hate which is actually what I meant to say lol
plus my computer will not let me abbreviate any words the little apostrophe button is broken
so do not is all i can give you.

Last edited by angelofharlem; 01-10-2008 at 01:07 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
angelofharlem is offline Female
Old 01-10-2008, 01:11 AM   #143
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by angelofharlem
Sorry guess I am tired I did say i am learning lol
No, please do not take offense, I am saying that there is an element of humor to what you are saying. Dr. Seuss was a well-known Children's story author. The story of Green Eggs and Ham all revolves around a stubborn 'animal' that refuses to have a lunch of Green Eggs and Ham with this other character, Sam-I-Am. They go through a bunch of scenes ('would you, could you in a box, would you could you with a fox.' The response was, 'Not with a Fox, not in a box, not on a Train, not in the Rain.) Sam eventually gets the other character to try the plate of food. Upon which, he discovers that he actually likes it.
Angel, it was not intended to offend, it was intended to pass along a humorous look at what we are all trying to say. You said it VERY well, I am not making fun of you. Please, accept my apology! Here is a link to the story.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Eggs_and_Ham

Last edited by Dixiecup; 01-10-2008 at 01:28 AM.. Reason: adding link for Dr. Seuss, Wikipedia
Old 01-10-2008, 01:30 AM   #144
chubchub loves Cake
Gift Guru

angelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossibleangelofharlem challenges the impossible

Accepted but I was not offended I just had to explain my mixed up ramblings on lol.
I did not want to say hate that is something we
try not to say in this house.
Yes Green Eggs and Ham it is a lovely book. I also read to my little darlings everynight
and yes I will have to dig that one out.
I do believe its in storage from the older children who have grown up.
P.S. They are the ones that are training mom on the computer lol.
Thanks Dixiecup maybe I better go to bed
before

---------- angelofharlem added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

I start making spelling mistakes or like right now the computer clicked off before i was finished.

Last edited by angelofharlem; 01-10-2008 at 01:30 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-10-2008, 01:44 AM   #145
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

RamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond repute

LOL I am having more fun at the end of this thread than I did at the begining... LOL. People really should learn to have fun like this...
Old 01-10-2008, 01:57 AM   #146
chubchub loves Cake
Gift Guru

Thanks it is fun to laugh is it not.
thanks for the informative post reps to you.
Diane
Old 01-10-2008, 02:04 AM   #147
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Ramses??? What are you still doing up? We thought you had gone to bed long ago. I am still up because I have a sick baby and he keeps getting up and fussing. Worst part is that I have to get up in the morning with the older one to get her ready for school. *sigh* Motherhood the second time around is not as easy as it was when I was in my 20's.
OH and just when I was getting all wound up, too!
Old 01-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #148
Deanna475

Ramses, I couldn't have said it any better and your ideas are bang on !! I wrote a mini-novel over at Williamson's thread and I'm going to do a copy and paste here of the same post as it applies to both threads.

WARNING TO READERS: This post contains venting, sarcasm and cynicism and is rated PG. Reader discretion is advised.

My niece introduced me to (as I call it sarcastically now) the Wonderful World of Webkinz on November 6, 2007. Today is January 10, 2008 ~ Not quite 2 months and I'm ready to walk away from WW. If it werent' for my niece and few friends I've made through WI (both in "real life" and online), I probably would hang up my plushies and walk away. Why? Because I'm not getting my money's worth and I'm constantly aggravated.

That which entertains me is designing my little virtual rooms and trading for the better and higher-end items in the GE so I can make my little virtual rooms look better, and ..... hmmmm ..... that's about it. So for the hundreds of dollars I've spent, I've received approximately 2 months of entertainment.

I am bored. I want new things that WON'T cost me real cash ~ translated means GET SOME NEW STUFF IN THE W-SHOP AND PUT A RUSH ON IT. Geez, I'm so sick of the W-Shop and the Curio Shop is not any better. "HEY GANZ, what's wrong with putting the Medieval Curtains in the Curio Shop a little more often than once a year ?? " Like are those darn things retired or will they ever come around for the new folks like me ?? I'm sorry, but I don't have an arm and a leg and first-born and 10 PRICELESS RETIRED items to trade for 2 curtains in the GE ~ regardless of what the Guide says (actual value according to the Guide: 2600 KC. Value "on the streets", about as rare and priceless as a red or purple lava and people will laugh and mock you if you offer anything less for them).

But I digress .... where was I now in my ranting? Oh yeah ...

I want better odds. I used to play the arcade games quite a bit in the first month. Sure, who doesn't want a nifty trophy to display on the pedestals that come with EVERY THEME. You know, I've got a trohpy pedestal in every room and I've got ..... ZERO trophies to display on them.

I do not waste my time with Dunk the Zingos ~ for what $25? Phffft, I can make $250 as Ms. Birdy's assistant. Scratch and Win? Well, they've got the Scratch part right ..... Bingoz ?? Hyeah, hright. Balloon Dartz? If I get one more daisy clip, cowboy boots, bunny clown or Zingos in a box, I'm gonna scream. How hard would it be to change those prizes at least once a year? Wheel of Wow? OK, I do it because it's only 1 click but I usually end up with Gak or $20. Wheel of Yum? I usually end up with a banana ~ and not even a BUNCH of bananas ~ just one banana. Wheel of the Month? Now there's the most overrated wheel of them all, but I'll cover that further down. Jellybean Challenge? Uh ... no. 'Nuff said.

Now, as for the POTM .... here is where Ganz really suckered us in and I mean big !! Taken directly from the front Log In page of WW:

Quote:
Question: Once I get the gift, is there anything else special about POTM ??

Answer: There sure is! Watch the Today’s Activities page all month for special Pet of the Month events! These special events are for members who have adopted the Pet of the Month AT ANY TIME. As long as there is at least one Pet of the Month on your account, regardless of when it was adopted, you will be able to play in these special events.
Special POTM Events ??? Hmmmm, so once a week, POTM people get an extra spin on the Wheel of WOW. Maybe 2 or 3 times that month, you get a spin on the WOTM and maybe you'll win something awesome !! (or not !!) Or maybe POTM people will "click here for an extra $50 bonus". Hey, and POTM people are really lucky .... they'll get to play an extra round of Dunk the Zingoz or Balloon Dartz and win twice the amount of garbage prizes !!

Don't even get me started on those glitches, maintenance issues, problems logging on at all, the incredible server overload since Dec. 25th (gee, didn't Ganz foresee 13 million people adopting pets all at the same time on the same day ~ and the one day that matters the most to kids at that? Did the last 2 years' financial reports not give Ganz an indication that Christmas Year 3 was gonna go through the roof? And how about getting kicked off during one of my better Goober's Lab games (just happened tonight, actually made it past level 10 for a change ~ are we sure that game isn't glitched too, BTW ??). The glitches and lack of attention to them on Ganz's part is endless. I'll stop here.

I bought 4 purses today so I could have one of each of the magic wardrobes. Entered the codes for 2 of them and selected my wardrobe. POOF. Got kicked off. Did this 3 times to me. Then it hit me .... ahhhh, a magic wardrobe glitch and not the good kind. Ganz, why do you release new products when the site isn't ready to accept them yet? That's just downright mean.

My "real life" friend I met through the GE (we discovered we live 15 minutes apart) was visiting me tonight and I have 3 computers and we're trying to do our dailies and hourlies. Besides the fact that every time we tried to log on, we got the Green Screen of Death, the site was sluggish, laggy and kept kicking us off. For 2 hours, we sat side by side and just muttered under our breath and got frustrated and annoyed. I swear someone's ears at Ganz's Computer Department were burning because we cussed them out something awful. Site performance is at an ultimate low and totally unacceptable level. Even Ganz admits it ... sort of ...

Quote:
December 31, 2007

Over the past week, technical difficulties have reduced the level of service of Webkinz.com below acceptable levels. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for these issues and tell you what we will be doing for all of our great members who were inconvenienced over the holidays.

Our main problem was a technical issue that impacted the Adoption Centre leaving some of our newest members stuck in the adoption process. If this problem has affected you, please know that we are currently in the process of fixing all stuck accounts. This process is running day and night, and we expect all of the affected accounts to be fixed over the next few days. When your account is fixed you will be able to complete your adoption and begin enjoying everything Webkinz World has to offer. If you have contacted Customer Service about a new account, you will receive an email when your account is ready (note: some of these emails were sent blank . If you received a blank email, check your account, it has been fixed).

Additionally, further technical issues led to interruptions of service for many of our users. We are confident that the fixes we have implemented have dealt with our key problems and that service will now be back at a level where everyone can fully enjoy our great site.

As a token of our appreciation for your patience, we will be awarding an extra 500 KinzCash and a 1 month account extension to all accounts that were affected by these issues. This award will be done automatically at some point in January when we are certain that all affected accounts have been properly fixed and the issues successfully dealt with. You do not need to request the reward in any way.

Thanks again for your patience and we hope you enjoy your stay in Webkinz World.
Okay, we don't have enough screen space to cover the issues I have with that statement but let's just say 500 KC and an extra month's extension on my account ain't even gonna begin to cover my inconvenience.

OK, OK, I'm sarcastic, cynical and bitter when it comes to Ganz and WW. Why do I rant on Ganz (through WI) every chance I get? Because I'm sadly disappointed with what I'm getting for my money and Ganz doesn't even try to make it better. So why bother continuing? Why bother at all with WW. Why not just chalk it up to a bad experience and check out the Penguin Club or Build-A-Bear thing. Because I've invested too much money into this "game" and virtual world to walk away. As BLUEEYZ said so perfectly:

Quote:
Oh, sure, I still sign on once a day to do daily activities and see if there's anything new. My enjoyment of WW is not zero, and sometimes it can be relaxing to log in for a few minutes after a hard day, but overall my enjoyment from it has dropped so low that I don't make ANY EFFORT to spend any extra time logged in.

And you know, the sad part is I really WANT to enjoy WW. I keep trying to, for reasons I don't understand. About once a week I spend some extra time on WW, despite my busy schedule, because there are aspects of it I do genuinely enjoy. Yet I seem to continuously come away with a bad taste in my mouth, and it's just... disappointing.
Another reason I rant and vent so much is because I have this dream where the all those responsible decision-making people at Ganz will READ OUR POSTS and go, "So that's what we're doing wrong !! (picture Ganz's CEOS knocking the heals of their hands against their foreheads in the "I could've had a V8" gesture). We need to make some changes to WW and fast or else we're gonna lose alot of members." But that won't happen and there are too many new people who haven't been on WW long enough to become bored with it (remember those 13 million people who all tried to adopt their pets on Dec. 25th? Those new people !!). Ganz is still making their gazillions of dollars and if they lose the ones who have been with them since Year 1, the newcomers just move in and take our places. It's a neverending cycle. I call it the Ganz Circle of Life.

And if I feel like this, imagine how the kids feel. I know my niece doesn't even play the games anymore either because she's never even seen a trophy until I showed her a picture of one on WI. She doesn't care about the hourlies and she forces herself to do the dailies. All she wants are the good items that Aunt Deanna trades her ice cream tree and totem poles for so she can fix up her virtual world and let her pets take turns riding around in the reindeer sleigh.

Anyway, it's past 3:00 a.m. and I have chores to do. Maybe if I'm lucky, today I'll get $50 on the Wheel of WOW instead of Grey Gak.

Thanks for letting me take up your screen space and your time. And Ramses, if you made it to the bottom of this post, again, I commend you. Somehow when you rant, it sounds better.

Deanna

Some time later ~ For the enquiring minds that want to know, I got the lame pink fuzzy slippers on the Wheel of WoW just now. Woo Hoo. Sold those puppies pronto for $18.

---------- Deanna475 added 334 Minutes and 59 Seconds later ----------

Giving this thread a bump ~ it's too good to get lost in the shuffle.

Last edited by Deanna475; 01-10-2008 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #149
Did it!
Gift Guru

JBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guide

GANZ really needs new daily activities. They should also have the wishing well 1 and 2 at the same time.
JBONE92 is offline Male
Old 01-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #150
bratzgirllily
Gift Guru

lisaxbuu is a glorious beacon of lightlisaxbuu is a glorious beacon of lightlisaxbuu is a glorious beacon of light

Talking Re: GANZ please change the Hourly and Daily Activities?

for the quick draw i know it is very hard to win but i think that not all people trade on WI or any other site for that matterso they dont know the value of some items. some others just think its fun to give it a try every once in a while. and if you dont like the prize or just dont feel like doing it you dont have to.

as for the jellybean jar i love it! everyone loves to try for the trophy and even if you do get it wrong at least you get SOMETHING. sometimes i think its fun to try and guess and i think the hotter colder thing is a great idea! i just really love it so much!

ok, moving onto Bingoz! i actualy agree with you on this one! i havent done it in i dont know how long! i think that its unbelievable now, the ammount of people who win every day! and i never save my coupons anymore. i trade them away!

ok, whats next? oh the big button! oh joy! i do get very frustrated about winning low ammounts from 1-100 and i would prefere the minnumum you could win was 100. the most ive gotten was about 700.

ok lets move onto hourly sales. Once again to members who are low in KC and dont really trade on any sites dont realize that 30% or lower is a not so good deal. not everyone is a webkinz millionaire. i also stock up on food when its on sale so that i wont have to spend that much money on food in the future

alright lets see......oh the wheels of cheating! i couldnt wait for this one! i do get very frustrated when i only get 20 kc and i skip the WOW every now and then. i absalutely LOVE the WOY! i love the prizes and the love the theme song! although i do get disappointed when i get a silly bunch of bananas or even worse one banana. WOTM- i love some of the items like the shirt and the rares but i dont really like getting secret recipes. its only once a month you get to do it and you get....a recipe that you will feed to your pet then never see it again. the super wheel- i like the rares although i dont like getting kc at all nor do i like getting W shop items

Balloon dartz? what are those? oh yes! now i remember! i havent done it in such a long time because of all of the glitches! i would rather it be a KC game or coupons would be nice too. anything but cowboy boots, daisy hair clip and all of the other items i sell to the W shop every time i win them

Charm forest! 4 hours and 31 minutes til my next hunt! i would rather have sap glop give you gak or anything but nothing! ok i must admit i do love the shirts but now im overflowing my dock with them! i would like more variety like even a shirt with a big tulip or charm key on it would be a nice change! the charm candy! oh no dont even get me started! i have at least 30 scattered throughout my house and in my dock!i wish the charms would come a little easier. and i also love getting keys! its better than candy and...well you know the rest.

ok the gem hunt! i love it! although in getting quite frustrated because it has been about 3 months now that ive been trying for my last gem and still......nothing. but thats all i have to say about that

hmmm the games. where can i start? ok well i really agree that the games should be somewhat easier because webkinz was origanaly made for a younger audience(no offense to others) and the games are almost impossible for them to win. i feel so bad knowning they spend countless hours trying to get a trophy that they want so badly. Skater cat for me i only have one word to diiscribe it-HARD! lol i was never very good. and every time i played and didnt make it to the second level my webkinz would lose 2 happy points.

PHEW! it felt so good to let that all out! thanks to anyone who read my post. and please please dont hate me i was just stating my opinion
Closed