Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #91
Gifted

Crazymom is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Would you change the Hourly and Daily Activities? (Updated Jan 4)

I don't like the quickdraws either...I also agree on the Bingoz. I stopped playing (and I am an adult) but got sick of someone winning nearly every day when I wasn't even close. I would play if there weren't the bonus coupons and I had a decent chance of winning once in awhile.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #92
belle206
Gift Guru

BELLE206 has a spectacular aura aboutBELLE206 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Tired of the same old Daily Activities!?!

I agree somewhat. Even though you don't earn muck kc each time on the wheels or others, it does add up over a week's time. The only 2 I have given up on completely is the bingoz balls and quickdraw. There is nothing to gain for my time.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #93
Rage&Love
Gifted

arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!
arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!

i wish they had DUNK THE ZINGOZ more often:pgn:
arodfan727 is offline Female
Old 01-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #94
Webkinz :)

pandaluv2121 is on a distinguished road

i wish that there were no sales or anything on the activities just winning kinzcash and prizes
Old 01-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #95
Ask me!
Gifted

supergirljennie is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish that with the Jellybean challenge, it would tell you at the end how much was in the jar. How can we be expected to get better at it if we can't learn to visualize it? Also, what are the upper limits of the Jellybean challenge?

I'd like to be able to check my gem box to see if I have something before I decide to see or not.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #96
ish you were a
Gift Guru

melsch has a spectacular aura about

I agree with the OP 100%. I never do bingoz anymore and can't be bothered to do the hourly stuff half the time. Thanks to WI I check when the Curio shop had exculsives and then check the hourly stuff and see when it is worth getting on and only log on then. My kids got bored a while ago and now I find when I do my stuff I have to log on to three other accounts and do theirs as they hardly ever go on anymore. We also llive in the west and find alot of the good stuff is a 6:00 am saturday or sunday morning or before the kids get home from school at 1:00 or 2:00pm so it isn't really worth it.

I would encourage everyone who has feedback or an idea to go to the contact page on the main site, as well as through the newspaper on the site, and tell ganz, don't just hope that they will read this forum. When they took the halloween stuff away early there were enough complaints that they brought it back for a bit and Arte sold it for a while, so they will listen if enough people give accurate feedback, good or bad. The problem is that so many people on here just keep saying that we should not complain that Ganz is doing the best job that they can and we should just appreciate the fact that they have created the site etc. But how will they know what bugs their users if we don't give feedback? If they don't get pressure from users to make the site better they will think that they are doing a great job and won't try to do better and fix the problems that are plaguing them. I am not one who usually complains but I do expect to get service that I pay for and I will give truthful feedback if it is good and if it needs improvement I will tell them, just as I would expect to get in any job I was doing.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #97
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

RamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by melsch
I agree with the OP 100%. I never do bingoz anymore and can't be bothered to do the hourly stuff half the time. Thanks to WI I check when the Curio shop had exculsives and then check the hourly stuff and see when it is worth getting on and only log on then. My kids got bored a while ago and now I find when I do my stuff I have to log on to three other accounts and do theirs as they hardly ever go on anymore. We also llive in the west and find alot of the good stuff is a 6:00 am saturday or sunday morning or before the kids get home from school at 1:00 or 2:00pm so it isn't really worth it.

I would encourage everyone who has feedback or an idea to go to the contact page on the main site, as well as through the newspaper on the site, and tell ganz, don't just hope that they will read this forum. When they took the halloween stuff away early there were enough complaints that they brought it back for a bit and Arte sold it for a while, so they will listen if enough people give accurate feedback, good or bad. The problem is that so many people on here just keep saying that we should not complain that Ganz is doing the best job that they can and we should just appreciate the fact that they have created the site etc. But how will they know what bugs their users if we don't give feedback? If they don't get pressure from users to make the site better they will think that they are doing a great job and won't try to do better and fix the problems that are plaguing them. I am not one who usually complains but I do expect to get service that I pay for and I will give truthful feedback if it is good and if it needs improvement I will tell them, just as I would expect to get in any job I was doing.
Well spoken. Thank-you for your insight. Remember people whining turns people off. Constructive Criticism helps. If there is a problem say something, especially if you have ideas of how to fix it...

Just wondering what other people think?

After all is said and done I just wanted to mention that it is nice to see that there is the occasional Dunk the Zingos. The MOST every one friendly can't screw it up game yet. My young child (Since we cannot list ages I will say very preschooler) can even do that game. I know because she did it for me 3 times now. Yay her!!!

Now to get the trophy...

Last edited by RamsesII; 01-06-2008 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: Just a few more things to say
Old 01-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #98
Tim Gunn is a
Gift Guru

kateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud of

Default Re: It's about time we change the Hourly and Daily Activities?

I love it when wacky zingoes is the game of the day. You don't get any extra kinzcash because you only win 6 kinzcash to begin with!
kateannec11 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #99
Boscobaby911
Gift Guru

Horsegirl911 will become famous soon enough

I know how you feel. It just gets kinda boring after a long while.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #100
grandmai
Gift Guru

Grandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clownGrandmai is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Ramses II
I want to vent about hourly and daily activities and see what you think. Don't get me wrong I love Welkins but it seems like all they have anymore is half quick draw and half anything else they can squeeze into the remaining time slots. There are only a few times a day I can check in with all the kids home for the holidays and it seems all of them are when we have joyless... uh, joyous Quickdraws...

The Not so Quick Draws

I am sorry but in my opinion, Quick Draw is awful. I think it really should offer more than "I'm sorry you didn't win anything for the 30 times you played quick draw today. I guess you are just a loser..." The only nice thing is is that it realistically depicts that when you are playing scratch off lotteries you don't win very much and when you finally do get a winning ticket, the prize isn't really worth it 99% of the time. The best thing it has going for it is that the kids can annoy their parents with that start-up voice it has playing it back to back as many times as possible. I don't even bother with the Quick Draw since it is always for stuff I don't really care for and the chances of winning are 1 in 1,000,000 or to be more exact in the numbers that comes to 1 in 250,000 if you played all 4 times... If you don't win, you get nothing. That is really fun especially after you waited through each ticket as the coin COMPLETELY scratches it of each time, even when the first number doesn't match the winning number's first number. I don't even have fun because it is straight chance gambling with no consolation prize for you having wasted 2 minutes of your day trying to win some prize that you can buy for KC or less any day of the week at the W-Shop.

Maybe if they offered Something for each matching number. Like KC for each number you have the same or maybe exponentially for 2 matching numbers you should get KC, 3 matching is KC, 4 is KC, 5 is KC, 6 is KC, and 7 is KC OR the item you don't really want anyway. The thing is it can't just have all the right number's, but it has to match a number exactly number and placement. Much like my demonstration below

85473612 Winning number and you get
16413872 for your ticket number.
So you would win KC. Notice that every number is the same, but only 3 are in the right place so those 3 earned KC.

Why can't I just use my mouse with a Virtual Kinshasha Coin to scratch of the numbers in any order I want. That would at Leta make it personally interactive, a little more fun, and possibly even interesting...

Jelly Beans Jar

I have also decided that since the Jelly Bean Jar is Soho vague it is just as terrible. I don't even try it anymore unless I want the 10 KC. I mean seriously how do you bid on this? I Would love to get something for the time I spend but the amount of available jelly beans is between 1 and 10,000 so I have a 1 in 10,000 chance. Well at least knowing that I can guess a half full jar is about 5,000 plus or minus a thousand or so... I would love to get a Jelly Beans Jar (The trophy) Well wouldn't we all.
It would be nice if the responses were more like Hotter and Colder. Maybe even something like
Oh no, that is way off. Please try again. More than 500 off of the answer
That was pretty Good. 500 or less away from the answer
Wow! you are close. 100 or less away
Almost there. 50 or less away
You are right there. 10 or less away
I mean do the math. With only 5 guesses, you still aren't extremely likely to get a lot of KC any way. I also believe there should be a KC prize that shares how close your final answer was.
501+ receives KC
500 or less receives KC
100 or less receives KC
50 or less receives KC
10 or less receives KC

Upper limit is 10,000 Jellies, Oh, and I completely agree it would be nice to have the gem review after you find the new one... I have 5 useless bookers that I will never be able to use, eat, or otherwise. What do you think about maybe being able to just sell of the excess gems at any time???

A lot of people are sounding off about so many other events, and I figured I would address them on the front page as well. So lets get started...

BINGOS Balls

I don't know how I forgot this one the first run... Oh yeah! It's because I haven't done it for so long. With so many people (mostly adults) saving Bingos coupons to win it is just ridiculous. EVERY SINGLE DAY we have multiple winners. Even after saving 79 coupons and using every single one, I still didn't win. I never played again after that. Am I supposed to believe that this was designed to be a kid friendly event? If so, then there should be no more coupons, just the bonus balls. There should be another ball for each of the games hourly and it should start all over again the hour after the first person wins to make it more plausible. This way everyone has the same chances every day of the week and there are more people playing more often. (Burn them stinking Coupons... The people that still have them can turn them in for !0% W-Shop Coupons.)

the "Big Button" of Kinshasha

Also the biggest misleading name out there. I don't mind so much getting lower amounts, but there should be a minimum limit. Recently we ended up with 7 KC on my account and 11 KC on my wife's account then 21 KC on my eldest daughter's account and finally 112 KC on My other daughter's account... That was the worst we have had since we started playing. I think either a redesign or a renaming is in line for this one. The Button of Kin cash of even the Red Button of Kinshasha. I think the most I have ever seen some one win was Sagaciousness getting 1785. We have yet to break 541 in this house hold.

Hourly Sales

This is a big waste of time to at least half of the people concerned. I feel that any sale under 30% is a total waste and a sale for any item under KC is a total waste and an affront to me as a player. The only time I feel differently is for food items such as spaghetti, Burgers, or other foods that are both filling and healthier for my Webb's. Food that I would buy in bulk to save money later... Otherwise save 15% on a gumdrop lamp?!? Oh come off it. I finally got a few minutes to check in this evening and you are telling me all you have to offer is a sale on rubbish? OK so I have the gumdrop lamp and it looks great in my 'Witch's Gingerbread House' room (which by the way is not named that yet because of the new Naming Policies), but seriously, I can already get that lamp on any given day. I want the bed that costs KC for like 25% or better. Especially if it is an hourly instead of a daily. As long as I am at it, an hourly should be for like 30% or better. Especially since it is only for an hour anyway...

If I am going to save money, then I want to actually save.

For food I believe that items that are considered meals (Give back at least 8 or better for hunger and 2 for health or happiness) are the only ones worth buying in bulk and that is the only thing that should be on sale. Anything else is a treat and I only give them when I have had a good day or I am in a bad mood so I want to make someone else happy (making others happy cheers me up), so I treat my Kin to Junk food...

There are a few who feel it is just fine the way it is. (There are 3 of the 7 in my neighborhood. Two of them are 8 year old twins, and their 10 year old sister says they are silly, and the other is the twins' best friend so she would never argue against them...)

Wheels of Cheating Well that is what I think we should call the Wheel of Woe, The Wheel of Yuk, and the Week of the Month.

Quite a few people have brought their concern that they feel slighted by the wheels giving the same prizes most of the time. They feel that if there are 10 slots the should have the SAM 10% chance at say 500 KC as they do for the KC. Well I can understand that I have never won the 500 KC but I have won the 20 KC about 500 times... Well OK I might be exaggerating a little, but it feels like 500 times... While I agree it is not completely balanced as far as equal chances, I think the bigger prizes are better if it is harder to get them. I also think there is a little lee way needed as far as the wheel's balancing goes. While many want a drastic completely equal chance for every item, don't feel this way personally. I want slightly better odds where I might be able to win say either the bed or the KC once every couple of months. I haven't gotten either ever... I mostly wrote this one because I want to represent the other posters in my thread and their feelings about the wheels.

Other posters are asking for more of certain wheels, especially the wheel of yum. With a few asking for Worm, I believe I have made my issue for one of them known...

Balloon Darts

Or is it Buffoon Darts?!? Seriously, if you are going to offer prizes in the balloons switch them out the same way you do the Wheels. That or remove them all together and make it a Kin CA only game. If you really want to make it AWESOME, give out W-Shop coupons and Extra Spin coupons for the WOW along with the Kin cash... (Don't give out ant Bingos Balls coupons. As a matter of fact, burn them. Get rid of BB coupons all together, PERIOD.)

Charm Forest

This is one I am not that big on mostly because of how my luck goes. My daughter said that she thinks it is just OK. So we discussed it and came up with the problem. There are 2 ways to get NOTHING. Sap and Bad fairies. Sap should at least give you sap like Gawk or something... Also the shirts are OK, but there could be more varieties... Especially when shirts pop up like candy... well maybe not that often, but way more often than the Charms. She would like to see fairy wands, fairy wings and a fairy crown maybe more fairy related items the variety would make it more inter sting. Also She LOVES getting Keys. Even when they give her sap and candy and nothing else. As for the virtual charms she said they are boring because you can't really do anything with them and it takes so long just to get the first set. Also you get to do it every six hours but you only get to do it 2 times a day because you have to go to school and you have to go to bed. I tend to agree with my eldest daughter on this one. I have yet to get my first set of 5 charms after 2 months. I ask you, does that sound like a bunch of fun to you? I do however have 4 good fairy T's and 7 bad fairy T's and Loads of candy that even the neighbor's kids won't trade for...

NEW INFORMATION> According to her friend, I don't know how true it is, but after you collect all the forest charms that is it. No more bonus Gifts... THAT IS BOGUS!!! as much as I dropped on her little charms and the necklace, Every time she completes tree it should cycle over. If you really want them to have fun make it like the crown of wonder. You can turn in a "Bonus" branch for a prize that is associated with that branch, or turn in the full tree for a Grand prize that includes all the prizes for each "Bonus" branch you filled out. ESPECIALLY when you make one of the prizes a single chair not a SET of chairs for the dining table

Gem Hunt

Well I really don't have a lot to complain about here, but my daughter wanted me to say that since we are on a gem hunt we should get to hunt until we get a gem, no matter how many tries we take and how bad of a gem we get. I guess it stand to reason that if you have 5 throws to dunk a Zing oz and can only dunk him/her one time, then why can't you at least have 5 tries to get a Gem???

I am going to back her up on this. I have notoriously bad luck. To the tune of actually not getting a gem for 6 days bad luck. I have been playing since the beginning of August and still have 7 Gems to go on my account. My oldest daughter has 8 to go. (My wife needs 6 after joining in Mid October.) It is very despairing for me to get 4 days in a row of slag and I could only imagine what a kid would think after that bad a streak of nothing.

GAMES

I wasn't going to say anything about the games, but a neighbor mom and I were talking about this tonight and she told me her daughter Mac' just gave away her account to her baby sister and when asked why she said "...the games are something you are supposed to do daily and they got them on the list kinda either old people games (Meaning her mom and my ages...) or so they're hard to do after you get to a high level, and the Dog (chihuahua) ones are just hard anyway." She continued to say that the "jowliest one ever on Welkins was Skate Kat, but that's gone now, so I kinda gave my sister my old account."

Well when you look at it the bonuses for these games are also a part of your hourly events. I can appreciate that because of the limited number of games it cycles through relatively quickly to something that I can get the extra cash on, but I feel it is a waste of time to me. If I am going to play a game for fun, I play what I want when I want. If I am going to play for cash, I play checkers on hard level. I can usually win in about 2 minutes and I net KC per game. That is 1200-1800 KC in an hour on a regular basis. tell me what other game I can do that with?

So, I want you to sound off on this issue as well. What do you think about the Bonus % Games for hourly activities.

Thanks for listening (reading),
Russ

P.S.

If anyone has any ideas for other things we could do I would appreciate the sharing of information.
Russ,
Boy have you said it. I totally agree!!!!

I have given up on bingo, quick draws and the jelly bean things. The WOW is not at all random and I have post exactly what you said in a earlier thread. The WOM is getting to be "so what" because of the nonsense I have gotten on all seven accounts I do for family

The other things are completely drudgery, as in the fairy forest. I do these accounts every day and I am lucky to get one useful charm a week from all the accounts. I have gotten keys and only gotten slop gap even with 4 and 5 pods. I have also gotten slop gop in all seven accounts or seven coins in the same time period, sounds real random????

I have been doing the wishing well in seven accounts since it was remade and have yet to get three wells in the center.

They have made the game Gobbers lab more difficult and I rarely can get to upper levels any more and its because I run out of moves.

Why is the big question? I just don't get the tight thinking of gantz. You can't win everything all times but they do make things so ridiculous that most respond by giving up. Is that what they really want? I just don't get it.

Thank you for bring this to the for. It is a valid subject and needs discussion.
Carolyn

Last edited by Grandmai; 01-06-2008 at 10:30 AM..
Closed