Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

RamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond repute

Angry Ideas on how to fix the hourly and Daily Activities? (Updated Mar 19)

***NEW IDEA*** I recently had the idea to turn BingozBallz Coupons into Wishing Well II coupons. What do you think?

I wanted to vent about hourly and daily activities and see what you think. Don't get me wrong I love Webkinz but it seems like all they have anymore is half quickdraw and half anythingelse they can squeeze into the remaining time slots. There are only a few times a day I can check in with all the kids home for the holidays and it seems all of them are when we have joyless... uh, joyous Quickdraws...

The Not so Quick Draws

I am sorry but in my opinion, Quick Draw is just plain awful. I think it really should offer more than "I'm sorry you didn't win anything for the 30 times you played quickdraw today..." The only nice thing is is that it reallisticly depicts that when you are playing scratch off lotteries you don't win very much and when you finally do get a winning ticket, the priize isn't really worth it 99% of the time. The best thing it has going for it is that the kids can annoy their parents with that start-up voice it has playing it back to back as many times as possible. I don't even bother with the Quick Draw since it is always for stuff I don't really care for and the chances of winning are 1 in 1,000,000 or to be more exact in the numbers that comes to 1 in 250,000 if you played all 4 times... If you don't win, you get nothing. That is really fun especially after you waited through each ticket as the coin COMPLETELY scratches it off each time, even when the first number doesn't match the winning number's first number. I don't even have fun because it is straight chance gambling with no consolation prize for you having wasted a minimum 2 minutes of your day trying to win some prize that you can buy for 200KC or less any day of the week at the W-Shop. Check these statistics -> http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/my-heart-crys-t179720.html?t=179720

Maybe if they offered Something for each matching number. Like 5KC for each number you have the same or maybe exponetially for 2 matching numbers you should get 5KC, 3 matching is 10KC, 4 is 25KC, 5 is 50KC, 6 is 100KC, and 7 is 250KC OR the item you don't really want anyway. The thing is it can't just have all the right number's, but it has to match a number exactly number and placement. Much like my demonstration below

85473612 Winning number and you get
16413872 for your ticket number.
So you would win 10KC. Notice that every number is the same, but only 3 are in the right place so those 3 earned 10KC.

Why can't I just use my mouse with a Vitual Kinzcash Coin to scratch of the numbers in any order I want. That would at leat make it personally interactive, a little more fun, and possibly even interesting...

Jelly Beans Jar

I have also decided that since the Jelly Bean Jar is sooo vague it is just as terrible. I don't even try it anymore unless I want the 10 KC. I mean seriously how do you bid on this? I Would love to get something for the time I spend but the amount of available jelly beans is between 1 and 10,000 so I have a 1 in 10,000 chance. That's 100x better than the Slow Draws... Well at least knowing that I can guess a half full jar is about 5,000 plus or minus a thousand or so. I would love to get a Jelly Beans Jar (The trophy) Well wouldn't we all.
It would be nice if the responses were more like Hotter and Colder. Maybe even something like
Oh no, that is way off. Please try again. More than 500 off of the answer
That was pretty Good. 500 or less away from the answer
Wow! you are close. 100 or less away
Almost there. 50 or less away
You are right there. 10 or less away
I mean do the math. With only 5 guesses, you still aren't extremely likely to get a lot of KC any way. I also believe there should be a KC prize that shares how close your final answer was.
501+ receives 10KC
500 or less receives 15KC
100 or less receives 25KC
50 or less receives 50KC
10 or less receives 100KC

View Post Originally Posted by supergirljennie
I wish that with the Jellybean challenge, it would tell you at the end how much was in the jar. How can we be expected to get better at it if we can't learn to visualize it? Also, what are the upper limits of the Jellybean challenge?

I'd like to be able to check my gem box to see if I have something before I decide to see or not.
Upper limit is 10,000 Jellies, and I agree with being told what the final number actually was. Oh, and I completely agree it would be nice to have the gem review after you find the new one... I have 5 useless boogers that I will never be able to use, eat, or otherwise. What do you think about maybe being able to just sell of the excess gems at any time? ???

A lot of people are sounding off about so many other events, and I figured I would address them on the front page as well. So lets get started...

BINGOZ Balls

I don't know how I forgot this one the first run... Oh yeah! It's because I haven't done it for so long. With so many people (mostly adults) saving Bingoz coupons to win it is just ridiculous. EVERY SINGLE DAY we have multiple winners. Even after saving 79 coupons and using every single one, I still didn't win. I never played again after that. Am I supposed to believe that this was designed to be a kid friendly event? If so, then there should be no more coupons, just the bonus balls. There should be another ball for each of the games hourly and it should start all over again the hour after the first person wins to make it more plausable. This way everyone has the same chances every day of the week and there are more people playing more often. (Burn them stinking Coupons... The people that still have them can turn them in for 10% W-Shop Coupons.)
(I recently had the idea to turn BingozBallz Coupons into Wishing Well II coupons. What do you think?)

the "Big Button" of Kinzcash

Also the biggest misleading name out there. I don't mind so much getting lower amounts, but there should be a minimum limit. Recently we ended up with 7 KC on my account and 11 KC on my wife's account then 21 KC on my eldest daughter's account and finally 112 KC on My other daughter's account... That was the worst we have had since we started playing. I think either a redesign or a renaming is in line for this one. The Button of Kinz cash of even the Red Button of kinzcash. I think the most I have ever seen some one win was Summer0xSunset getting 1785. We have yet to break 541 in this house hold.

Hourly Sales

This is a big waste of time to at least half of the people concerned. I feel that any sale under 30% is a total waste and a sale for any item under 250KC is a total waste and an afront to me as a player. The only time I feel differently is for food items such as spaghetti, Burgers, or other foods that are both filling and healthier for my webbies. Food that I would buy in bulk to save money later... Otherwise save 15% on a gumdrop lamp?!? Oh come off it. I finally got a few minutes to check in this evening and you are telling me all you have to offer is a "sale" on rubish? OK so I have the gumdrop lamp and it looks great in my 'Witch's Gingerbread House' room (which by the way is not named that yet because of the new Naming Policies), but seriously, I can already get that lamp on any given day. I want the bed that costs 1200KC for like 25% or better. Especially if it is an hourly instead of a daily. As long as I am at it, an hourly should be for like 30% or better. Especially since it is only for an hour anyway...

If I am supposed to be able to save money on your hourly sale, then I want to actually save.

For food I believe that items that are concidered meals (Give back at least 8 or better for hunger and 2 for health or happiness) are the only ones worth buying in bulk and that is the only thing that should be on sale. Anything else is a treat and I only give them when I have had a good day or I am in a bad mood so I want to make someone else happy (making others happy cheers me up), so I treat my Kinz to Junk food...

There are a few who feel it is just fine the way it is. (There are 3 of the 7 in my neighborhood. Two of them are 8 year old twins, and their 10 year old sister says they are silly, and the other is the twins' best friend so she would never argue against them...)

Wheels of Cheating Well that is what I think we should call the Wheel of Woe, The Wheel of Yuk, and the Week of the Month.

Quite a few people have brought their concern that they feel slighted by the wheels giving the same prizes most of the time. They feel that if there are 10 slots the should have the same 10% chance at say 500 KC as they do for the 20KC. (Or the Mystery Cash prize of 7KC WOO-HOO!!!) Well I can understand that I have only ever won the 500 KC one time, but I have won the 20 KC about 500 times... Well ok I might be exagerating a little, but it can't be by much... While I agree it is not completely balanced as far as equal chances, I think the bigger prizes are better if it is harder to get them. I also think there is a little leeway needed as far as the wheel's balancing goes. While many want a drastic completely equal chance for every item, I don't feel this way personally. I want slightly better odds where I might be able to win say either the bed or the 500kc once every couple of months. I haven't gotten either in a long time... I mostly wrote this one because I want to represent the other posters in my thread and their feelings about the wheels.

Other posters are asking for more of certain wheels, especially the wheel of yum. With a few asking for WotM, I believe I have made my issue for one of them known...

Balloon Dartz

Or is it Buffon Dartz?!? Seriously, if you are going to offer prizes in the balloons switch them out the same way you do the Wheels. That or remove them all together and make it a Kinz Cah only game. If you really want to make it AWESOME, give out W-Shop coupons and Extra Spin coupons for the WOW along with the kinz cash... (Don't give out any Bingoz Balls coupons. As a matter of fact, burn them. Get rid of BB coupons all together, PERIOD.)

Charm Forest

This is one I am not that big on mostly because of how my luck goes. (PLaying since November 2007 and still haven't gotten a complete collection of any of the bonus's.) My daughter said that she thinks it is just ok. So we discussed it and came up with the problem. There are 2 ways to get NOTHING. Sap and Bad fairies. Sap should at least give you Sap like Gak or something... Also the shirts are ok, but there could be more varieties... Especially when shirts pop up like candy... well maybe not that often, but way more often than the Charms. She would like to see fairy wands, fairy wings and a fairy crown maybe more fairy related items the variety would make it more intersting. Also She LOVES getting Keys. Even when they give her sap and candy and nothing else. As for the virtual charms she said they are boring because you can't really do anything with them and it takes so long just to get the first set. Also you get to do it every six hours but you only get to do it 2 times a day because you have to go to school and you have to go to bed. I tend to agree with my eldest daughter on this one. I have yet to get my first set of 5 charms after almost 5 months.
I ask you, does that sound like a bunch of fun to you? I do however have 12 good fairy T's and 13 bad fairy T's and Loads of candy that even the neighbor's kids won't trade for...

According to her friend, I don't know how true it is, but after you collect all the forest charms that is it. No more bonus Gifts... THAT IS BOGUS!!! As much as I dropped on her little charms, a bracelet, and the necklace, Everytime she completes tree it should cycle over. If you really want them to have fun make it like the crown of wonder. You can turn in a "Bonus" branch for a prize that is associated with that branch, or turn in the full tree for a Grand prize that includes all the prizes for each "Bonus" branch you filled out. ESPECIALLY when you make one of the prizes 2 chairs not a SET of 4 chairs for the long dining table.

Gem Hunt

Well I really don't have a lot to complain about here, but my daughter wanted me to say that since we are on a gem hunt we should get to hunt until we get a gem, no matter how many tries we take and how bad of a gem we get. I guess it stands to reason that if you have 5 throws to dunk a Zingoz and can only dunk him/her one time, then why can't you at least have 5 tries to get a Gem? ???

I am going to back her up on just a little bit this. I have notoriously bad luck. To the tune of actually not getting a gem for 6 days bad luck. It is very dispairing for me to get 3 days in a row of slag and I could only imagine what a kid would think after that bad a streak of nothing.

GAMES

I wasn't going to say anything about the games, but a neighbor mom and I were talking about this tonight and she told me her daughter Mac' just gave away her account to her baby sister and when asked why she said "...the games are something you are supposed to do daily and they got them on the list kinda either old people games (Meaning her mom and my ages...) or so they're hard to do after you get to a high level, and the Dog (chihuahua) ones are just hard anyway." She contiinued to say that the "kewlest one ever on Webkinz was Skate Kat, but that's gone now, so I kinda gave my sister my old account."

Don't even Get me started on the Trophies. The chances of getting some of these trophies is like the chances of winning something from quickdraw... Come on this is virtual life. We come here to relax and feel like a winner.

Well when you look at it, the bonuses for these games are also a part of your hourly events. I can appreciate that because of the limited number of games it cycles through relatively quickly to something that I can get the extra cash on, but I feel it is a waste of time to me. If I am going to play a game for fun, I play what I want when I want. If I am going to play for cash, I play checkers on hard level. I can usually win in about 2 minutes and I net 60KC per game. That is 1200-1800 KC in an hour on a regular basis. tell me what other game I can do that with?

My complaint about everything it isn't so much that it is boring, but monotonous. Variety is the spice of life. But I don't want my salt watered down, or sugar when I've payed for honey, or sawdust intead of cinnamon. It also isn't so much about getting everything, but at least let me have the hope that I may be able to get SOMETHING, especially when I ahve worked this hard for it.

So, I want you to sound off on this issue as well. What do you think about the Bonus % Games for hourly activities.

Jobs
Well After trying the jobs, I see that most of them require faster and faster processing as you progress. They are mostly time recognition related and for kids who can master one level even two levels to end up stuck playing a third level they can NEVER master is like saying OK, you are done working. Give it up already and Go away kids.

I think that since you have the Birthday question on the accounts, you should know the ages of the account holder and thus should have a variable that makes it easier on younger players. That our players should be able to choose what level they want to play at. Sometimes just a little more practice at a previous level is all it takes. Other times we may not every attain mastery.

Kinzville Academy
All I am going to say is this. A school that allows you to bribe the teachers to pass your kids... That is NOT a life lesson I want my kids to learn.

Thanks for listening (reading),
Russ

P.S. If you liked this one please read another wonderful thread by williamson_39 : http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e-t178867.html

If anyone has any ideas for other things we could do I would appreciate the sharing of information.

Last edited by RamsesII; 03-19-2008 at 02:11 AM.. Reason: UPDATED
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2007, 01:29 PM   #2
Pandababee
Gift Guru

pandababee will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Tired of the same old Daily Activities!?!

I would like if they did the wheel of the month and Wheel of Yum more often.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #3
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

RamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond reputeRamsesII has a reputation beyond repute

I think Wheel of the Month should be once a month for regulars and then as a bonus for POM owners, and then Wheel of yum should be every other day.

What do you think?
Old 12-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
Ltd2girl
Gift Guru

abercrombie101 is a glorious beacon of lightabercrombie101 is a glorious beacon of light

luv the idea bout quickdraws and i agree never anything new
Old 12-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
Look Up!!
Webkinz :)

clueless452 is on a distinguished road

I totally agree with you!! That is the worst thing about webkinz! I never do the quick draws because I am never going to win!!! That's just the way it is. In the FAQ's or somewhere on webkinz.com, it says there is no gambling or stuff like that, but quick draw is really similar to gambling even though you aren't betting. If you got something it would be worth it, but since they don't offer anything, it isn't!! Plus, the trophies are hard to get and I really want some!! Most of the "new" stuff isn't even new, but stuff they bring back to webkinz world!! Thanks for reading this and I hope you all agree with RamsesII just like I do!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #6
hy did I become a
Gift Guru

Wow that is nice to see people who actually agree... I was writing to vent, hoping someone who felt the same way would speak up. Now that I see some people do and are willing to say so, it that makes me feel better...
Old 12-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #7
CoolBenz, vetteguy98
Gift Guru
carguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond repute

yes russ, i agree 150%.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:24 PM   #8
will START ALL OVER!
Gift Guru

Darby is cool as a bunny clownDarby is cool as a bunny clownDarby is cool as a bunny clownDarby is cool as a bunny clownDarby is cool as a bunny clownDarby is cool as a bunny clownDarby is cool as a bunny clownDarby is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by pandababee
I would like if they did the wheel of the month and Wheel of Yum more often.
Yeah, me too! =]
Darby is offline Female
Old 12-23-2007, 10:21 PM   #9
Webkinz :)

andiheartyou is an unknown quantity at this point

The Quickdraws are just a waste of time. :/
Old 12-23-2007, 10:28 PM   #10
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

i agree with you that the quick draws are just a royal pain... filler...fluff... you have such a slim to none chance of winning, and if you want to teach a child a valuable life lesson, why do it with a lotto ticket?? but for what it is worth, this last tree they are doing the quick draw on on christmas day.. since it not in the w-hop for sale and basically we have never seen it... wouldn't it be a lovely idea if they gave everyone a winning ticket for that one item..to be able to get it in your home<<<looking through rose colored glasses in a barbie doll world>>> nice thought though.
miss spots is offline Female
Closed