Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #71
Did you know I am a
Gifted

Pandagirl82 flows towards the sea of knowledgePandagirl82 flows towards the sea of knowledgePandagirl82 flows towards the sea of knowledgePandagirl82 flows towards the sea of knowledgePandagirl82 flows towards the sea of knowledgePandagirl82 flows towards the sea of knowledgePandagirl82 flows towards the sea of knowledgePandagirl82 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: IDEA: A "Time Out" for Quitters

That is a great idea!! I hate it when people leave the game! The only bad thing is sometimes I have to quit in the middle of the game because I have to do something.
Pandagirl82 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #72
-Alicia‚ô•

teaandpizza defies all odds
teaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all odds

Sorry, but I don't think this would work. A) When I quit it is because I have to go somewhere. I don't want to get a penalty and everything for having to go to school!! B) sometimes the screen has the "please wait" on it, so you have no choice. Ca) They could close the window. Cb) They couldn't get a penalty for closing the window. What if their laptop runs out of power, or there is a power outage? D) In the 20 seconds, the quitter will probably go get a snack or something. E) Like you said, we choose to play tournament arena games. If you don't want someone to quit on you, don't play!! I hardly do!!
So I highly doubt this could work...
teaandpizza is offline Female
Old 06-30-2009, 05:43 AM   #73
Webkinz :)

ladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud of

I would like to have some kind of award for players who finish a certain number of games. It is frustrating when someone quits in the middle of a game, but I'm not sure about giving a penalty or punishment for it.
ladywhitehorse is offline Female
Old 06-30-2009, 06:36 AM   #74
Gift Guru

Lotamoxie is a WI addict!
Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!Lotamoxie is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by Inibaz
This idea for Ganz was inspired by the additions of Checkers to the TA and Recess to the Academy. (It cracks me up that Rufferus is a Senior and still gets to play on the playground, how relaxing would that be in real life?)

The Set Up: You're playing a friendly game of Kinz Pinz Bowling, sharing witty banter with Player 2. Kind things like "Woo hoo, a strike" and gentle ribbing with "Oh no, a split!". It's Frame 8 and you are bowling the best game of your life and having fun when suddenly, the dreaded pause and the words "Player 2 has quit". Sure, you received a portion of KC and you know you did well, but you didn't receive all the KC you earned and you don't get the satisfaction of winning a game.

The Solution: Those who quit a game would be frozen on WW for a short period of time.

Imagine, after Player 2 clicked that little X in the upper right hand corner they received this message: "You left a game before it was over, you are in Time Out for 20 seconds. When your time is over, you may continue playing in WW." Hopefully the player will use this time to think about what they actually gained by quitting a game. They don't get any KC for the time they've invested, and they have to wait to play anything else.

A Time Out would give Player 2 a chance to learn something about fair play.
This solution won't entirely keep people from quitting, but it certainly will make people think twice if it's a choice between just finishing the game even though they are going to lose or having to wait before playing another game.

A Horrible Admission: Have you ever found yourself holding back from doing your best just so the other player won't quit? Occasionally, I have not whacked the Zingoz quite as far as I could of, just so I could keep playing against another person.

The small print: I understand I choose to play these games and run the risk of the other player quitting. Also that it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how you play the game. I also understand it's sometimes unavoidable to have to quit a game. Bed time, dinner time, rares at Arte's, things come up. If you have to log of WW anyway, the Time Out won't affect you. To catch a 2-minute rare at Arte's, you'll still have time after 20 seconds and maybe this will help players manage their time better. (may i be spared the wrath of the Dark Side)

I hope this came across as clear as it is in my head. Ironically, I've already typed this once and the power went out. If I were in the middle of a game, it would have looked like I quit!

So now, Constant Reader, this thread welcomes your thoughts, suggestions, and links to a thread that already brought this up. Let's flesh this idea out and have Ganz implement a Time Out so we have a better chance to finally finish a game of Checkers!

UPDATE 06.05.09: Thanks for the feedback on this idea. Could someone please share how to go about letting Ganz know about this great idea? Also, you can click the spoiler for a sampling of other ideas along these same lines.
Spoiler: show

From dandogkinie:

Several people have suggested losing KC when you quit, but Ritzcracker has a different take:

This next idea from morebubbles is inspired as well. WW keeps track of your personal high scores, how many games you've played so this would work as well:

manatee addresses the main concern of people being punished for 'having to leave' a game. She says it clearly and very well:

The only problem is that sometimes WW freezes up and I have to leave the game, not because I want to but because it is the only thing to do. That has happened twice.

My idea is that if the opponent quit then they aren't awarded any KC -- it all goes to the one who DIDN'T quit. And they get a pop-up saying if they leave in the middle of their game they forfeit their KC to the other player, who wins by default.

View Post Originally Posted by teaandpizza
Sorry, but I don't think this would work. A) When I quit it is because I have to go somewhere. I don't want to get a penalty and everything for having to go to school!! B) sometimes the screen has the "please wait" on it, so you have no choice. Ca) They could close the window. Cb) They couldn't get a penalty for closing the window. What if their laptop runs out of power, or there is a power outage? D) In the 20 seconds, the quitter will probably go get a snack or something. E) Like you said, we choose to play tournament arena games. If you don't want someone to quit on you, don't play!! I hardly do!!
So I highly doubt this could work...
I'm sorry, but if you don't have time to finish the game before having to go to school or somewhere then you shouldn't have started playing in the first place.
Lotamoxie is offline Female
Old 06-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #75
is proud to be a
Gift Guru

Kiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talent

Agreed! I always come so close to getting a perfect score on Whiz Kinz when I see the dreaded message. I am always like, "Webkinz mom, where are you?"
Kiyoshi is offline Female
Closed

Tags
hailee, quitting, time out, tournament arena