Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #51
GOD is LOVE
Webkinz :)

swimmer39 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: IDEA: A "Time Out" for Quitters

um its a good idea ezcept sometimes people ha ve to quit because there parents call them or the have to go to bed
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #52
AutismAwareness<3
Gift Guru

ManateeWebkinz1 is the cats pajamas!ManateeWebkinz1 is the cats pajamas!ManateeWebkinz1 is the cats pajamas!ManateeWebkinz1 is the cats pajamas!ManateeWebkinz1 is the cats pajamas!ManateeWebkinz1 is the cats pajamas!

That is a good concept!! I think it would be better if you couldn't quit if you are losing, This happened many times before to me, but if you had to leave webkinz world you can just log out!! This way if you MUST go, you leave all of webkinz world, not just the game, and poor sports have no way out and must wait until the game is over!! I'm sure there aren't any bad sports who would want to do the whole log back in and have everything load again to make 1 other player lose 20 more kinzcash!! Thanks for sharing your idea to us!!
~manatee
ManateeWebkinz1 is offline Female
Old 06-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #53
ibbly wobbly
Gifted

Inibaz has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by morebubbles
I really like the idea to do something about those quitters.

My idea to add on to yours is that after a player quits X number of times (maybe 10 times) within say a 24 hr period, they get locked out of that game for 12hr. They would also recieve a kinzpost letter explaining what happened and the importance of sportsmanship

This way if you have to go have dinner, or you phone rings you are not punished, because you just did it once, but if you do it regularly you do have to 'pay' for it.

Another alternative would be to reward good sportsmanship. There could be a badge saying, 'I finished 500 PVP games" this way you could see who is a good player.
Great idea! WW keeps track of scores and the number of games you've played, they could certainly keep track of quitting! Also, the idea of a Badge is wonderful, thank you for some positive reinforcement for good sportsmanship.

View Post Originally Posted by Geminicat21
oohh.. Or how about each time the person just quits the game, there time out is increased 5 seconds. So if you quit once it's 20 seconds, quit twice, it's 25. Quit and when you get to a minute (9 times - or you could just make it ten) you can't quit for a longer amount of time. LOL. Just throwing ideas out.
That's an interesting take, increasing the penalty for repeat offenses. That way it will target people who are actually quitting instead of the people who have to leave for an emergency.

*The idea is not to punish people who are forced to leave a game due to kids, parents, your boss popping unexpectedly into your office and catching you hitting a small furry creature with a bat and cheering quietly when you hit the 600 mark (not that that's ever happened, of course). What I and you, and you are trying to figure out is a way to stop the Quitters.*

View Post Originally Posted by ManateeWebkinz1
That is a good concept!! I think it would be better if you couldn't quit if you are losing, This happened many times before to me, but if you had to leave webkinz world you can just log out!! This way if you MUST go, you leave all of webkinz world, not just the game, and poor sports have no way out and must wait until the game is over!! I'm sure there aren't any bad sports who would want to do the whole log back in and have everything load again to make 1 other player lose 20 more kinzcash!! Thanks for sharing your idea to us!!
~manatee
EXACTLY!

Last edited by Inibaz; 06-05-2009 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: got bleeped, changed word.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #54
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by Inibaz
Great idea! WW keeps track of scores and the number of games you've played, they could certainly keep track of quitting! Also, the idea of a Badge is wonderful, thank you for some positive reinforcement for good sportsmanship.

That's an interesting take, increasing the penalty for repeat offenses. That way it will target people who are actually quitting instead of the people who have to leave for an emergency.

*The idea is not to punish people who are forced to leave a game due to kids, parents, your boss popping unexpectedly into your office and catching you hitting a small furry creature with a bat and cheering quietly when you hit the 600 mark (not that that's ever happened, of course). What I and you, and you are trying to figure out is a way to stop the Quitters.*

EXACTLY!
Ah... I understand better now. Thank you for clearing it up!
Geminicat21 is offline Female
Old 06-10-2009, 06:14 PM   #55
Deadly WHONK jg1976
Gift Guru

ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Inibaz

EXACTLY!
how would ganz or the other player know why you "quit" the game. im comfuzzled about this. there have been times im in the middle of a game and i have to "X" out of a game and WW all together because my kids are beating each other up. its not like i can tell them "ok mommy is playing a game so hold off your fighting for at least 45 minutes. *dont i wish i could lol* maybe if you explained it a little better id understand . i just know that if real life stuff come up im going to "quit" a game and i dont want a "time out" because i had to deal with it.

~Jo
ajoysmom is offline Female
Old 06-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #56
Official Mrs. Cullen
Gifted

GanzRocks11 is a jewel in the roughGanzRocks11 is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by jessica17
I agree completely 100% with this thread! Let's implement a time out immediately!
or here's an alternative:

When quitters click that little X, have a confirmation screen come up that says:

It looks like you want to quit in the middle of a game, if you choose to do so, it will cost you 500 KC which the other player will recieve.
Do you still wish to quit? Click yes or no.

And the only way around this would be for them to totally log off webkinz, and that way they won't have to forfeit any kinzcash.

That option works for me!

Concerning Atomolicious, yes, I do frequently make it so the other player gets 4-in-a-row just to encourage them to keep playing!
At first I was like, what?! I'm not paying 500 kc to answer the phone! But then I read further and was like ok. Maybe they should have a time limit.... like if you don't log off in 1 to 2 minutes after quitting the game, you have to pay it. Just to give people a bit of time.

This is kinda unrelated to this but same concept in a way: quitting. Everyday at my school, me and my friends play Spud at lunch. Usually someone will quit, forcing us to make more ghost numbers. Well, yesterday we made a rule: you can't quit or in the event that you do, you can't play Spud the following day. As a penalty. So today, nobody quit the game. It was nice.

Last edited by GanzRocks11; 06-12-2009 at 09:47 PM..
GanzRocks11 is offline Female
Old 06-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #57
Peace <3 Summer

sarah21 has a reputation beyond reputesarah21 has a reputation beyond reputesarah21 has a reputation beyond reputesarah21 has a reputation beyond reputesarah21 has a reputation beyond reputesarah21 has a reputation beyond repute

That is a great idea!
sarah21 is offline Female
Old 06-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #58

Catekitz is an unknown quantity at this point

I am quite the checkers queen and have yet to have a player finish a game with me... very frustrating. I'm not sure a time-out would work, but yeah in real life you can't always have a do-over.
Catekitz is offline Female
Old 06-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #59
I Love My

Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!

I think this idea needs a little more consideration.
The other user DOES have his or her reasons to quit
the game and there does not need to be a "punishment"
for quitting as it may or may not even be that users fault.
Midnights Bliss is offline Female
Old 06-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #60
Burrst

burrst is on a distinguished road

Thats a great idea but i think it needs to be longer every time you quit webkinz in the middle of one to get back on and play i think it should like add time and start over so you dont get to play for a while
burrst is offline Female
Closed

Tags
hailee, quitting, time out, tournament arena