Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #21
Asacardimus
Gift Guru

Asacardimus is an unparalleled talent
Asacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 3 
Default Re: IDEA: A "Time Out" for Quitters

I could not agree more. I get sooo frustrated at people quitting in Atomicolicious just because they think they are losing. I have been in the position of feeling like I was losing and I stick it out. I have even won a few times because I did so (sometimes people seem to be going for as many points as they can and lose sight of me catching up). The worst is when someone quits and then asks to be your friend! What kind of friend quits in the middle of a game? I hope Ganz takes up your idea because it is bloomiing wonderful.
Asacardimus is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #22
Asacardimus
Gift Guru

Asacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by lili98
Love the idea! But are you trying to have Ganz pass this idea? I am not so sure it will pass, considering the fact that children might get upset over this! Picture this scene: 7 year old Mia is playign Webkinz and she is in the middle of a competitive game of Webkinz Chef Challenge. Her mom is calling her down for dinner. She quits the game, obeying her mother. Suddenly, she has a "timeout"!
But it's a 20 second timeout. She wouldn't lose anything as she would be away having dinner. I think the original idea of just the lost time is sufficient. Because, like others, I have had someone quit on me and, when I try to find another opponent, there they are back again. I have to be honest and admit I will sometimes quit immediately when I find I am back in a game with someone who just quit the previous one.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #23
Asacardimus
Gift Guru

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by Inibaz
Ouch, I've never experienced that, sounds tiresome! I like the limited hint rule for that game.

I like that they could lose points. A pop up saying, "You left the game before it was finished, you are in Time Out for 20 seconds and own 20 KC to the Quitter's Jar"

That should curb it.

That's sad for us! I've tried to take a deep breath do my best through the whole game, that if they quit at least I know I've been true to myself and did my best. Yah, doesn't work!

This theory can become reality! I understand about computer problems, the freezing and the resetting. The Time Out can't affect you if that happens because odds are it will take you longer than 20 seconds to log back in anyway.

I have great patience and compassion for those whose computers 'act up', but sometimes there is an obvious action:

Player 1 completes a triple jump in Checkers and is Kinged.
Player 2 quits.

Player 1 whacks the Zingoz 200 ft.
Player 2 whacks the Zingoz 150 ft.
Player 1 whacks the Zingoz 500 ft.
Player 2 quits.

The Time Out will hopefully curb those tendencies to quit when not winning. I feel it's important for children (tweens, teens, adults, everyone) to learn to stick it out, accept the loss, and learn from their mistakes.
I agree that everyone needs to learn to lose gracefully, but, in consideration of computer glitches, I think just the time out is the best idea. That way your computer glitch doesn't cost you KC
Old 05-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #24
KnittinKitten
Gifted

Princess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Asacardimus
But it's a 20 second timeout. She wouldn't lose anything as she would be away having dinner. I think the original idea of just the lost time is sufficient. Because, like others, I have had someone quit on me and, when I try to find another opponent, there they are back again. I have to be honest and admit I will sometimes quit immediately when I find I am back in a game with someone who just quit the previous one.
I have had the same thing happen, and I did the same thing. I figure if they quit on me the first time they will probably do it again. I have even gone so far as to change color zones to find a different opponent.
Princess18 is offline Female
Old 05-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #25
Gift Guru

MCow is a glorious beacon of lightMCow is a glorious beacon of lightMCow is a glorious beacon of light

Good idea, but maybe just a time out from the PVP tournament arena for a short period, not just from ww, so that players don't just quit a game and start a new one.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:47 PM   #26
Just another
Webkinz :)

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

Great idea!

Maybe, if this hasn't been said already, you could still log out when you are in a 'time out', that way if they really did have to go they could. Many times, I play a game until the end and just as I am about to win, they leave. Then they want to play again. It's really frustrating! Also, this would make sure that if the other opponent wanted to find another game, they wouldn't have to be matched with that same person.
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 05-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #27
♥I love

palmisland is a glorious beacon of lightpalmisland is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by jessica17
I agree completely 100% with this thread! Let's implement a time out immediately!
or here's an alternative:

When quitters click that little X, have a confirmation screen come up that says:

It looks like you want to quit in the middle of a game, if you choose to do so, it will cost you 500 KC which the other player will recieve.
Do you still wish to quit? Click yes or no.

And the only way around this would be for them to totally log off webkinz, and that way they won't have to forfeit any kinzcash.

That option works for me!

This is a great Idea! This way, quitter's would lose more than they gained, or they would be too lazy to log out every time. And for people who HAD TO leave maybe it could say, 'You are quitting the game without finishing, you must give 500 KC to the other player and will be logged out.Or click yes to continue playing' But maybe something could be added like 'If you have to leave, please log out'?

I don't know, just an idea
palmisland is offline Female
Old 05-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #28
hip my hair back and
webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!

Well, when pepole quit a game, it isn't always for that reason. Maybe their mom just yelled for them to come down for dinner or something
webkinz_girlyx0 is offline Female
Old 05-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #29

PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!

Awesome! Your explanation answers all my questions. This is a very creative idea that could fix many problems.

-Pugs
PugsRock is offline Female
Old 05-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #30
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

That is the best idea I've heard in a LONG time!! It seems that EVERY SINGLE TIME (literally) I play a tournament game, the other person ALWAYS quits, whether they're winning or not! You should send that idea in to Ganz!
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Closed

Tags
hailee, quitting, time out, tournament arena