Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #11
ho's in the house?
Gifted

Beaudog6253 is a splendid one to beholdBeaudog6253 is a splendid one to beholdBeaudog6253 is a splendid one to beholdBeaudog6253 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: IDEA: A "Time Out" for Quitters

Well, I like it but I have to admit sometimes you gotta go. Like it wouldn't be their fault if all the sudden their mom came down and said we gotta go. Then I can see why they would quit. I know it wouldn't really matter with the whole time-out thing because then you would log off. But I just saying sometimes people don't quit because you're winning. I do like the idea though!!!
Beaudog6253 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #12
♥I love
Webkinz :)

palmisland is a glorious beacon of lightpalmisland is a glorious beacon of light

I don't agree. What if you had something you had to do so you had to quit? Ex: Phone was ringing, dog had to go outside, parents calling you. etc? Is it fair to be suspend because of not being able to finish a timed game because you had something else to do?

And anyway, if you really can't stand quitters, call a real life webkinz friend and ask them if they will play a game or two...

"You left the game before it was finished, you are in Time Out for 20 seconds and own 20 KC to the Quitter's Jar"

That won't work because what if they HAD TO go? I wouldn't want to lose KC because the phone was ringing...
palmisland is offline Female
Old 05-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #13
erinrardin
Gift Trainee

smrardin has a spectacular aura about

I understand your frustration because it frustrates me too! However, before Ganz does something like this I would rather see them find a way to detect and shut down those who are ILLEGALLY using programs to "earn Kinzcash while not at your computer." I am sure most of us have seen the ads out there claiming to teach how to earn money while at school, work, etc. At least one of these ILLEGAL programs teaches how to go into games, play for a specific number of seconds or rounds and then exit with at least a partial amount of cash. I am betting that if these were cracked down on the majority of the problem would go away.

The best measure of protection against this happening is to develop an extensive friends list and play with those on your list whenever possible.
smrardin is offline Female
Old 05-22-2009, 05:05 PM   #14

tromboneaphone has a spectacular aura abouttromboneaphone has a spectacular aura about

I agree with the idea of a "Time Out". My suggestion though would be just ban them from that game (not all of WW) for a longer period of time than 20 seconds. Ban them from the game that they quit for say two hours.
tromboneaphone is offline Male
Old 05-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #15
ibbly wobbly
Gifted

Inibaz has disabled reputation

Wow, intense interest in this topic. I just want to reiterate that this Time Out isn't in place to punish everyone who has to log off in an emergency (phone, computer issues, homework), it's for those who quit a game and stay in the Tournament Arena and continue to play games.

I've had someone quit Checkers and I clicked on the game to play again and got the exact same person! Then they wanted to be my friend.

Thank you for discussing this with me and everyone, Constant Reader. Together we can institue change.

I do truly love the KinzPhone and my list of friends, but I would like to see the TA a more fair place to play.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #16
carolinahomes

jessica17 has a spectacular aura aboutjessica17 has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by Inibaz
Princess18, thank you for sharing, I don't feel so alone now about 'holding back'. You are so right about Atomicolicious, I love that game but sometimes don't zap away their potions for that very same reason!

I'm glad you like the idea.
I agree completely 100% with this thread! Let's implement a time out immediately!
or here's an alternative:

When quitters click that little X, have a confirmation screen come up that says:

It looks like you want to quit in the middle of a game, if you choose to do so, it will cost you 500 KC which the other player will recieve.
Do you still wish to quit? Click yes or no.

And the only way around this would be for them to totally log off webkinz, and that way they won't have to forfeit any kinzcash.

That option works for me!

Concerning Atomolicious, yes, I do frequently make it so the other player gets 4-in-a-row just to encourage them to keep playing!
jessica17 is offline Female
Old 05-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #17

jstangle has a spectacular aura about

This is a great idea! I was playing the Goober's game in the Tournament Arena, and I was really winning, and then they just quit. I was mad. Not just because it is a really fun game, but I had like 50 KC, and I only got like 35 of it.
jstangle is offline Female
Old 05-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #18

monkeysinger27 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Catlovr20
I really like this idea! I have actually had people, in Atomicolicious, wait until the hint comes up then play what the hint said! I couldn't take it so I had to quit, it was almost like they were cheating. Maybe in Atomicolicious, they could make it so that you could only have 5 hints or so.
i have the same problem. it gets really annoying!
monkeysinger27 is offline Female
Old 05-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #19
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

I stopped playing in the tournament arena for several weeks because this keep happening to me, then one day it froze up on me and the light bulb went off that it might not always be the player. However I think your idea has a lot of merit and hopefully it would make people stop and think before just leaving a game.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #20
Mommy's a

lili98 is on a distinguished road

Love the idea! But are you trying to have Ganz pass this idea? I am not so sure it will pass, considering the fact that children might get upset over this! Picture this scene: 7 year old Mia is playign Webkinz and she is in the middle of a competitive game of Webkinz Chef Challenge. Her mom is calling her down for dinner. She quits the game, obeying her mother. Suddenly, she has a "timeout"!
lili98 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
hailee, quitting, time out, tournament arena