Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #11
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Default Re: Idea to Solve Missing Items Problem. Please Look!

bumping, please comment.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2007, 02:43 PM   #12
janesosquare
Gift Guru

missquarejane is just really nicemissquarejane is just really nice

i finally did talk to someone at webkinz and they said that they know about the various glitches that cause items to disappear. they are working very hard to fix it and have made it one of their top priorities.

they also made it very clear that any items that disappeared from your account will NOT be returned.

also, for what it's worth, we are no longer allowed to "bump" threads anymore... the only exception being our own gift exchange.
missquarejane is offline Female
Old 09-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #13
hillsy25
Webkinz :)

hillsy25 is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Lilypad1394
As I was reading a thread about losing an item while checking to see the value in the W Shop, then losing the item, this idea came to me. Ganz says the only way that can happen is if someone goes on your account. I think if someone went on my account, they would mail something to themselves not sell it. Why doesn't Ganz keep records on a computer, of you Kinzpost records, and Kinzcash records. If they did this on a well running computer, they would not lose track, and hopefully their computer would not crash. lmk if you like my idea, or if you think it is dumb, I do see a few flaws, but it is just an idea. Honest ideas appreciated!

thats a great idea ! you should tell them that . what you need to do is tell them over and over again then it just might come !
Old 09-29-2007, 03:17 PM   #14
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by missquarejane
i finally did talk to someone at webkinz and they said that they know about the various glitches that cause items to disappear. they are working very hard to fix it and have made it one of their top priorities.

they also made it very clear that any items that disappeared from your account will NOT be returned.

also, for what it's worth, we are no longer allowed to "bump" threads anymore... the only exception being our own gift exchange.
yes, i just read about that a little while ago, thanks!
Old 09-29-2007, 03:47 PM   #15
janesosquare
Gift Guru

missquarejane is just really nicemissquarejane is just really nice

they also indicated that currently they have very little control of tracking the millions of items that users have. unfortunately, there is no way for them to know for certain who had what and how it went missing... was it stolen, was it traded or was it lost in a glitch?

this is why they indicated that they would not be reimbursing people the lost items as it could create chaos with people claiming missing items they never had, items that had been stolen due to inadequate protection by users of their passwords etc. they said that their phones ring 24/7 with an insane call volume as it is and there is no way for them to even attempt to keep up with the calls they would have to take to reimburse people their items.

i think that this is also why they would have a very hard time monitoring every user's items at all times. the magnitude of it would just be too great.

thanks for bringing this up though... we all need to know about the missing item glitches.

the person i talked to at webkinz told me that there are a couple of ways to help prevent items from going missing:

-never place items blocking doors. this would include riding toys as well.

-never use more than 75% of any room's floor and wall space

-never store more than 100 items in your dock. (personal experience, i would say that number is more like 60 as we have never lost anything with less than 60 items but between 65 and 100, my daughter and i both have)

-never ever ever use the "sell" blocks in the w shop as a way to appraise value of your items. clicking "remove" before exiting doesn't guarantee that your item won't disappear.
missquarejane is offline Female
Old 09-30-2007, 07:15 AM   #16
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

That is a great idea! Call or e-mail GANZ about it!
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 09-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #17
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by missquarejane
they also indicated that currently they have very little control of tracking the millions of items that users have. unfortunately, there is no way for them to know for certain who had what and how it went missing... was it stolen, was it traded or was it lost in a glitch?

this is why they indicated that they would not be reimbursing people the lost items as it could create chaos with people claiming missing items they never had, items that had been stolen due to inadequate protection by users of their passwords etc. they said that their phones ring 24/7 with an insane call volume as it is and there is no way for them to even attempt to keep up with the calls they would have to take to reimburse people their items.

i think that this is also why they would have a very hard time monitoring every user's items at all times. the magnitude of it would just be too great.

thanks for bringing this up though... we all need to know about the missing item glitches.

the person i talked to at webkinz told me that there are a couple of ways to help prevent items from going missing:

-never place items blocking doors. this would include riding toys as well.

-never use more than 75% of any room's floor and wall space

-never store more than 100 items in your dock. (personal experience, i would say that number is more like 60 as we have never lost anything with less than 60 items but between 65 and 100, my daughter and i both have)

-never ever ever use the "sell" blocks in the w shop as a way to appraise value of your items. clicking "remove" before exiting doesn't guarantee that your item won't disappear.
Thanks for being so active in this thread! What you were saying about it being hard to keep track of, I was thinking about the same thing. Thanks for the tips!
Old 09-30-2007, 10:27 AM   #18
iceprincess6196
Gifted

iceprincesss is on a distinguished road

I think that on your account you should have a list of who you kinzposted
Old 09-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #19
Geekdude
Gift Guru

geekdude has a spectacular aura about

its definatly a glitch...but i think that is a great idea...and like akinz cash savings account...where you get interest!
Closed