Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #11
ants CANDY!!!!!!
Gift Guru

wildhare1357 is sweet stuff
wildhare1357 is sweet stuffwildhare1357 is sweet stuffwildhare1357 is sweet stuffwildhare1357 is sweet stuffwildhare1357 is sweet stuffwildhare1357 is sweet stuff

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Idea to prevent scams in clubhouse. . .

I love it! This is one of those things that is so simple,
so it figures Ganz hasn't figured this out yet..
because everything to them is just pixels...

Great idea!
wildhare1357 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2008, 10:59 AM   #12
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Yup, I agree when it comes to Ganz, they need to use the 'KISS" method....Keep it simple...well, you know the rest
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #13
Gift Trainee

Arbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by webcrazy

I would like to see them bring back the feature that told you what the items were.

A few months back, when you would put your cursor/mouse over the OTHER person's items, it would tell you what the item was. I know that some of the names still may not let you know if it was a food or furniture but that could be added ...

I don't know why Ganz took that feature away.
When I put my cursor/mouse over MY items, it tells me what the items are (but I already know - duh?) so I don't know why it doesn't work for the OTHER person's items.

I'm sure this would help prevent scams and they already had this feature in place before.

Thanks for the great thread. Something needs to be done about the scammers.
I completely agree! I never saw that feature in action as you described it, but it sounds simple and reasonable (and necessary). If it can work on my dock and it has worked before in the clubhouse then I think it should be re-implemented right away.

View Post Originally Posted by mimzysmom
I was thinking if Ganz had a color coded border around the dock box for an item, then scammers would not be able to pass off a food item as a piece of furniture. ... Someone would not be able to say that fools gold is a superbed. ... Perhaps there would also need to be a pattern to the border... say a solid green border for foods, a checkered blue border for furniture. What do you think?

I stay away from the trading room. I like trading here much better. But since so many people report bad experiences, Ganz should step up and try to prevent unfair trades.

Regarding colored backgrounds and borders: That might start looking messy. It would be tricky to memorize the symbols; why not just use words? Hover your mouse over a picture and you can read EXACTLY what it is -- not just its category. If you start categorizing, what would you do about sub-categories? Many items may fall into several categories and sub-categories (e.g. food - PSF, W-shop, recipe, holiday gift, "retired"; furniture - TC3, W-shop, rare, exclusive, superbed). That would take a lot of colors and patterns to memorize and match up.

Mimzysmom, thanks for continuing the scamming discussion and offering a solution. I agree with the dire need for item identification in the clubhouse (sadly, some traders lie when you ask them) but I prefer the solution described by webcrazy. Ganz puts a lot of thought into the visual aesthetics of WW. The borders would always be there, and wouldn't look artistic. Pop-up words would appear only when you need them.
Arbee is offline Female
Closed