Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
hut? Mighty Moolitia
Gifted

AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent
AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 
Default Idea to make cooking easier (in WW)

I'm sure I'm not the first to suggest this because we have so many good chefs and recipe sleuths on here (and thanks to all of them or the only thing I could make except for gak, blech and gunk would be that egg and tomato sandwich thing) but I wish we could have a "Mise en Place" feature for cooking.

What?

"Mise en place" is (allegedly, I've only heard it from chefs) French for "everything in its place".

It means exactly that: having everything in place before you start cooking. You do it at home every time you start cooking!

Wouldn't it be nice if you could put just the ingredients you were working with in a "basket" or something before you started cooking rather than have to scroll through your entire dock to find them?

Once again, my apologies if this has been beaten to death before.

I searched the FAQ and forums before I posted, but my "search fu" is not what it used to be!
AuntMary57 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
Jenna.....
Banned
WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!

Default Re: Idea to make cooking easier (in WW)

Great idea!

REP for you!
WebkinzFireFawn is offline Female
Old 11-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
hut? Mighty Moolitia
Gifted

AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent
AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzFireFawn
Great idea!

REP for you!
Thanks, WebkinzFireFawn!

I like to cook for my Webbies and make recipe foods to send to my friends, so I tend to cook in "batches".

I was just making a bunch of holiday Slipamarinks (Sandwich Maker - bagel, ice cream, ice pops - thank you recipe sleuths!) and was running from one end to the middle to the other end of my dock to make them.

It seems it's like this every time I cook - the items are never near each other!

I have a pile of food items because I like to stock up when an item is on sale and it's not efficient for me to buy 90 million refrigerators to store them in.

I'd forget where I put the stuff even if I did!
AuntMary57 is offline Female
Old 11-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #4
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

Yes that would be awesome.. I know what you mean, I send lots of recipes to my friends and family for holidays and.. well, it is hard to find all the stuff. I also think the Wshop should have a bigger check out counter, so you wouldn't have to spend 30 minutes just trying to buy all the stuff you need!
Craftyreader is offline Female
Closed