Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 11:11 PM   #41
Gift Trainee

Arbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: I Think Ganz Should Start Selling Retired Pets In The E-store Comment If U Agree Or Disagree Plz!

View Post Originally Posted by arwynbug
I have every single Plushie except the original Cheeky Dog and Cheeky Cat. I have never paid more than $129 for ANY OF THEM, and that was only for the Love Puppy. The rest I've purchased at retail. Oh - and I've only been a webkinz member since Summer 2007.

For everyone saying how unfair it would be to those who had paid so much for their retireds: CAVEAT EMPTOR. Buyer Beware. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head forcing these outlandish purchases. Each of these is a freely made choice. You don't get to gripe about wasting your money. This is ESPECIALLY true for people who pay hundreds of dollars for the yet-to-be-released WK's ($500 lamb on ebay for example). PATIENCE.

Do you remember BEANIE BABIES? People paid hundreds and hundreds of dollars for these little plushies that you couldn't even play with online...and now you can buy them at yard sales. Their value is literally obliterated. The fad ended. The same will happen to Webkinz as well...it's only a matter of time.

I wouldn't mind virtual retireds at all. It wouldn't "hurt" anyone who had the retired plushie. Nobody is squawking about the previously unavailable charms being available online...why make an issue of the pets?

Just my $0.02
I agree with arwynbug.

ANY collector of ANYTHING is taking a chance on market fluctuations. Beanie Babies are an excellent example; my (adult) cousin spent $,$$$s for them during the fad, and in the end most went in the $ bin at the garage sale. He still had the pleasure of the hunt and trading while they were hot. He has no regrets. Now they're readily available again, he's not interested.

I REALLY want a Pegasus and full size Unicorn and Basset Hound, so I would, of course, love it if they became available again. I joined WW less than a year ago and didn't realize until later that things got retired. I find them on e-bay, but I can't justify paying that much for a plushie, especially since money is so tight now -- a few years ago, $50 for something that would make me smile, no problem! I'm happy for anyone who has the means to keep up with his/her hobbies. I've gotten resigned to the fact I no longer can keep up.

HOWEVER...
If Ganz brought some of the retired pets to the eStore, they'd have to be respectful of fanatic collectors and maybe make those pets a "limited edition encore" or something like that to keep them pretty special. Even I would want them to remain special so I could be proud of adopting them. The virtual Grey Wolf is available only on Wednesdays now. I PROPOSE that maybe the retireds' "encore appearances" could be a first- or last-day-of-the-month event or set to correspond to certain holidays or events. You would know what DAY/s to visit the eStore, but you wouldn't know ahead of time what the animal would be. (Like Arte's rares, but more rare.) The price would be significantly higher than a regular virtual pet, but not as high as e-bay.

If it's a "limited" edition, they could offer only a certain quantity for sale each time, but I would really HATE that. It brings up unresolved irritations about Stadium entries, discontinued Charms, and other ways of disappointing people after they've waited excited for a long time. Causing more frustration for already frustrated customers is never a good business move. Also, given their record of programming glitches I suggest they concentrate on being able to handle the swarm of customers if they do offer a high-interest item on eStore.

To respect their RETAILERS, Ganz should do a "limited edition encore" ONLY for pets that have been off the primary market for quite a while. That way, they can still introduce and retire the plushies according to their current strategy that makes us run out and buy them quickly! As for e-bay RESELLERS, I can't imagine that Ganz would care about them. They are like any other speculators taking their chances on oil prices or the stock market; the market doesn't care. (I would feel sympathy for them, but that has nothing to do with a major company's business decisions.)

I think Ganz would love the extra income, especially since they wouldn't even have to deliver a physical product. (I wish Ganz would realize HOW IMPORTANT it is to provide EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE -- in a virtual environment, "the experience" is what you pay for, "THE EXPERIENCE" is all you have!) Knowing how much people are paying for retired plushies on the secondary market, I think it's just a matter of time before Ganz decides to take its cut. I just hope they don't set a ridiculous price. A thousand people willing to spend $20 will bring them four times more income than a hundred people who would spend $50.

As for affecting the WI-GEV... that happens all the time. WI is SO GREAT at keeping the values updated! They wouldn't have to bother if the values weren't constantly changing.

And just to keep things in proper perspective I'll quote what my sister yells at me whenever I get excited about a high score or I call my little niece during dinner to remind her to spin the Wheel of Wishes, "It's NOT REAL!" I know for us WW holds a special place in our imaginations and in our hearts, but we have to keep in mind the "real world" and rationally determine what we can financially afford. (Or so I constantly remind myself. .. )

Thanks for bringing up this topic. I had been wondering about, and hoping for, the same thing.

Arbee is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2008, 12:32 AM   #42
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Default Re: I Think Ganz Should Start Selling Retired Pets In The E-store Comment If U Agree Or Disagree Plz!

yeah i wish theyd sell them in the estore!!!! but i also agree with everrything arbee said above me. and people who buy stuff o n ebay, thats their choise. webkinz isnt about money for me and i jsut want to have fun with the pets i love the most. its not my problem what others paid for their plushie on ebay or what 'rare' or 'retired' means. retired is retired, and i can see makeing the sales rare and the ones you sell being those not likely in the stores. and there ARE those of us who do not trade, do not feel comfortable doing so yet, or will never do so. i can see even lately that ive been getting a lot of the same stuff on ww, and that leads me to believe they just want us to be in a trading frenzy. that is not real fun for me. at least not yet. im not confident in the process yet. on wi, that is probably different, but on ww i dont feel comfortable.
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 08-14-2008, 12:37 AM   #43

webkinzhorsez will become famous soon enough

No way! Because if they sold it there then people who paid a fourtune for the real pets would be very upset.
webkinzhorsez is offline Female
Old 08-14-2008, 01:45 AM   #44
pancakes 4 Phillip

Lhachwen is a jewel in the roughLhachwen is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
That would be unfair to those that have a retired pet.
What would it be unfair? The people with the original retired would actually have a stuffed animal to go with it while anyone who bought one from the estore would only have a code version.

I also agree with Arbee... all valid points that have been logically set forth and explained simply and concisely. Anyone willing to pay gads of money for a pet on the secondary market (Ganz makes no money from these secondary sales) is doing so willingly-- no one forces them. If Ganz chooses to make 'retireds' available for collectors who cannot afford price gouging, or who could not even find one available in a brick and mortar store, I think it is savvy business. It honors the whole community and not just a few exclusive members. Yeah it is a neat idea to think you have a 'special' hard-to-find pet, but when it comes down to it are you playing Webkinz for the kinzcash you can acquire with the bragging rights or for the fun of meeting new collectors and having fun in WW?

Consider the Whimsy Dragon. It isn't even retired but people are clamoring to buy one for outrageous prices because certain sellers have made it difficult to get on the primary market due to keeping the supply only available through secondary markets like eBay. It is a cute and fun pet but not everyone is willing or can pay $50+ dollars for one. If one was in the estore I am certain a lot of parents would enjoy getting one for their child that loves whimsical/fantasy things. It doesn't hurt the Webkinz community. It only enhances it since there will still be those who do not want the pet but may want its items. Also not everyone wants a stuffed animal... some people just want a virtual pet.

I have a question myself: instead of asking what is 'fair' ask yourself what would be more fun for WW?

---------- Lhachwen added 3 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

Quote:
No way! Because if they sold it there then people who paid a fourtune for the real pets would be very upset.
Those people made a choice and no one forced then to pay outrageous prices for those items.

Ganz does not get any of that extra money and I am certain they don't approve of the practice of these 3rd party sellers.

I feel sad for anyone that would get upset since I am pretty sure WW was not meant to be a game up for grabs to the highest bidder.

Last edited by Lhachwen; 08-14-2008 at 01:45 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Lhachwen is offline Female
Old 08-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #45
My dog likes

Tango is just really niceTango is just really nice

I agree, but I don't think it's gonna happen cause the entire idea of making pets retired is that everyone wants to buy one, which gives Ganz more money. If they put retired pets in the e-store I don't think that would work. But, what do I know?
Tango is offline Female
Old 08-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #46
princess147202

Thats a great Idea.They could only be up for a week per month,so that won't defeat the purpose of retiered pets.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:05 AM   #47

webkinzhorsez will become famous soon enough

It's also not fair for canadians and americans bcause they don't sell them there yet.
webkinzhorsez is offline Female
Old 08-16-2008, 01:21 PM   #48

cierraalivia is an unknown quantity at this point

ok thanx every1 for posting opinions
cierraalivia is offline Female
Old 08-16-2008, 03:21 PM   #49
I Love You

lilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clown

The place where I buy Webkinz at the Cheeky Dog is 3999.99$ and the Cheeky Cat is 999.99$

---------- lilpanda123 added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later ----------

And the Whimsy Dragon is 100.99$ But I got it at a regular price for Webkinz.

Last edited by lilpanda123; 08-16-2008 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lilpanda123 is offline Female
Old 08-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #50

WebkinzRockPup is an unknown quantity at this point

Totally!I really want some retired pets for 12.00 instead of $50-$100 dollars!
WebkinzRockPup is offline Female
Closed