Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
Webkinzgurl23

Default Help bring WWF to Webkinz World

There are a lot of things that Ganz may or may not know. I don't know if they know this but:
Scientists readily agree that the rate at which species are becoming extinct around the world is increasing rapidly. At present, they believe extinctions caused by humans are taking place at 100 to 1,000 times nature's normal rate between great extinction episodes. It is hard, however, to put a figure on the actual number of endangered species. Researchers are able to document the endangerment of large and well-known animal and plant species. But it is impossible to measure the total number of species going extinct because scientists have described and named only a small percentage of the world's species. Only about 1.4 million species—out of an estimated 10 million to 100 million—have been described to date.
But Ganz has yet to be concerned!!!!! They closed W-cares. They need to open Webkinz Wildlife!
My idea is purely simple:
There's a few animals Ganz has that are Endangered so why can't Ganz care just a little to donate $2 or more dollars to help the WWF fund because even Polar Bears are losing their habitat. Our Cabela's(a hunting store) had a stuffed Polar Bear(like the Polar Bear was once real but then they killed it and stuffed it). So how can you not say that WWF fund needs money to stop this kind of torture! The problem is, people don't really know about anything like that. Lots of times, they just think, "oh, its just one polar bear." But its not. That is like taking a Polar Bear from its family just for your own personal use.
But as you can see, Ganz has no use into helping the Wild Animals. But the Endangered Animals need our help! So speak out for what's right.

This is not a petition. This is an idea to help save the Wild Animals and the stuffing of Wild Animals.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Webkinzgurl23; 09-22-2009 at 12:41 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Help bring WWF to Webkinz World

Well I know that ebay does support WWF. eBay Giving Works - About My Nonprofit - World Wildlife Fund I hope I can put that there!

You can always call Ganz and express your concerns. Just looking up WWF gave me lots of foundations were you could feel like you were making a difference and not so helpless feeling.

Ganz is not hurting the animals. They are making toys. Just like a lot of other toy designers that make plushies!!

Look into some of those websites and see what you can do to make yourself feel like you are making a difference for those animals!!!

I think you are very brave!!!!
rockermom is offline Female
Old 09-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
Webkinzgurl23

I didn't mean hurting the animals, I said not really caring that much.....And Cabela's is a hunting store.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Yes I know.

Some companies give to foundations. Some do not.

I suggest calling and expressing your concerns. There are a lot of companies who make animal plushies.

If it really bothers you most people just stop using their product.

Good luck!
rockermom is offline Female
Old 09-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
★☆ Wild Thing
Gifted

Astrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledgeAstrolified flows towards the sea of knowledge

They closed W-Cares? When? That's unfortunate

Also, good idea, I'm all for helping the animals!
Astrolified is offline Female
Old 09-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

I think some sites might support the WWF. Ganz should at least give it a try, more people would be happier that way
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Old 09-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
Webkinzgurl23

View Post Originally Posted by MarielofRedwall
I think some sites might support the WWF. Ganz should at least give it a try, more people would be happier that way
I agree. Ganz should at least try!
Old 09-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #8
Gift Guru

pinky719 is sweet stuff
pinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuff

very nice point! i hope they make that,
all the animals endangered that webkinz has made a portion should go to wwf (like u said)
all these animals are sooo pretty, and do not deserve to be endangered!!
let's help save them!!
pinky719 is offline Female
Old 09-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #9
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

There are problems with making such broad statements. There COULD be thousands of endangered animals, which would also include such types as the Florida panther whose habitat has been enroached on; do you save them at the expense of human life, relocate them and hope they adapt, or what? There are those animals that have been 'stuffed and mounted' after a hunter got the animal and used the meat to feed his family or others; do you include that as hurting the animals even though it's the cycle of life? What about all the insects that could be considered endangered, or the fungi and such in the rain forest that while plants are every bit of part of that cycle of life that the animals need to survive {properly}. Do you make those around rain forest areas quit cutting down trees to build farmland to grow food to stop because it is taking away the habitat of the majority of animals, insects and plantlife {including the trees making oxygen, the majority made on the entire planet}, even though that means they will have no food to eat? If throwing money at a problem without sufficient, real solutions and management of the ideas and so forth was possible without then how come WWF has been around since 1961 {older than me by a few years in fact even} but has yet to come up with any real viable things to do about what they say are the problems? They have been too busy wasting donated monies by shuttling certain well-heeled 'funders' around in private jets and so forth, for one, at a cost of almost 65000 {yes thousand} dollars, per person. During this time massive amounts of carbon and other hazardous chemicals were spewed in to the air during the 25 day trip.

This statement below is taken directly from the website of the World Wildlife Fund Canada: What WWF is Not! WWF is not an animal welfare organization. We support the hunting and consumption of wild animals provided the harvesting does not threaten the long-term survival of wildlife populations. WWF has never opposed a sustainable seal hunt in northern or eastern Canada. {They are talking about a Canadian government subsidized slaughter of harp seals, with quotas set for 350,000 a year, the largest quotas ever set. There is nothing sustainable about these numbers and the government has not produced one peer reviewed scientific study to justify such numbers. Yet the World Wildlife Fund endorses this hunt because the Government of Canada has requested that they do so, based on the falsehoods that the seals consume too much fish at the same time that floating factories decimate sea beds leading Brigitte Bardot herself to write to the WWF and tell them in no uncertain times that the WWF was betraying her years of donations and personal work in helping animals.}

Scientists also agree that while the rate at which species are becoming extinct around the world is increasing, in proportion to the amount of species now around that would be so close to natural selection and so forth that no one can actually say with any amount of certainty just how many animals and insects and interwoven plants and so forth may {or may not} be on the brink of extinction or even faced with it any time in the future.

Ganz is concerned with very little anyway, beyond their bottom dollar; however, they did not close the cares program {which was donating to different charities having something to do with children, not animals anyway} but have scaled it back drastically after introducing {higher priced} caring valley tags in place of those. I am looking at all sides, not just a particular, narrow viewpoint, and usually I am the very last one to 'take sides' with Ganz but in this issue where is their duty or whatever to donate to wildlike or any other type fund? They are a business, not a charity, and they are under no obligation the same as everyone else to take any of their money to donate it anywhere. They deal in plush animals not real one to top that off. The amount you name per animal would also require raising the price of the plushes, no matter what, because the price you pay is about double what the company gets from retailers who buy them to resell them. Although their products are basically made overseas for pennies on the dollar, their supplies cheaper due to prices over there {way offsetting any minimal export/import type fees} they still {like any company} have infrastructure to support which means all employees from the actual makers all the way up to payroll personnel and other administrative workers. These people do not work for free, and there are some things that they have to pay as a company regardless. That means that the half of the retail that the company gets is not full profit.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Closed