Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 02:15 AM   #1
ants to catch up!
Gift Guru

Skipper783 is the bees knees!Skipper783 is the bees knees!Skipper783 is the bees knees!Skipper783 is the bees knees!Skipper783 is the bees knees!Skipper783 is the bees knees!Skipper783 is the bees knees!

Default Grow your own furniture!

I had a marvelous idea for a contest someone ran over in the contest section but never got around to posting it. I decided to post it here and see what you guys think. The contest was for "create your own WW theme" and I thought, how cool would it be if you could go to the W Shop, buy furniture seeds, plant them, water them, and watch them grow into furniture? Ganz loves unusual plants (donut plant, jellybean plant, Zingoz tree, etc.) so I though this would be right up their alley.

Each type of furniture would have its own seed pack. You would plant them and tend them just like regular seeds, but here's the kicker...you have to garden your furniture every day (water and rake), or the furniture dies, and you have to dig it out and start all over like regular seeds! The only thing that would be different from regular seeds is that you couldn't harvest the furniture once it finished growing. (You would have to buy another pack of seeds to get another piece of that furniture. That keeps it from being too common!) This would obviously be an outdoor-only theme!

You would be able to move a furniture plant around in the room, and unlike garden plants, you would be able to turn them around to see different sides of the plant. Just like the other plants, though, if you click "remove" in edit mode, the seed pack would appear in your dock and you would have to plant your furniture seeds all over again.

Some of the ideas I had for furniture:
-Dogwood Tree Fridge - a dogwood tree has lovely flowers. The sapling would grow into a fridge, and you would click on it to open a door in the trunk, holds 6 foods
-Lady Slipper Bathtub - a lady slipper is a flower that can hold water in its petals, so I thought this would make a cool bathtub
-Morning Glory Lamp - a morning glory opens its petals during the day. You could click on the lamp to open the petals and turn on the light
-Apple Blossom Dresser - the apple tree has beautiful flowers. You would click on the tree trunk to store 8 clothing items
-Sunflower Clock - the face of the sunflower would hold a clock that would tell real Kinztime
-Rose Bush Sofa - a bush shaped like a couch with rose blooms
-Daffodil Trophy Pedestal - a trophy could be placed in the center of the flower
-Sweet Pea Sleeper - the sweet pea is a climbing vine with lovely blooms. This would make an ideal bed.
-Hyacinth Chair - the hyacinth grows into a big round cone shape, and I thought this would be great for a chair
-Bamboo Vase - the bamboo plant is a hollow tube, which would make a great vase

In addition to furniture seeds, you would also be able to buy flower seeds. You would be able to harvest flowers and place them into the bamboo vase. You would click on the vase, and a window would pop up like for a dresser or fridge, and then you could put up to eight flowers in there. When you click the X in the upper right corner, you then see the vase where you left it in the room, now with the arrangement you made in it.

What do you think of this idea? Too far-fetched? Cool? Insane? Let me know!
Skipper783 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2008, 06:23 AM   #2
PennyPjPage

Default Re: Grow your own furniture!

That's such a good idea! I can't believe nobody posted yet! I think there should be one that's a surprise and you can get anything from a retired furniture to an exclusive furniture item!

~Jane, Page~
Old 09-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
Gift Trainee

Arbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of light

What a LOVELY idea!

What a great imagination you have!

Even if they don't make that furniture plantable and growable, I think they should still use your wonderful ideas for a new furniture theme -- like a Garden Wonderland or Fairy Forest theme! They could call it something more neutral, like Woodland Wonderland or Fantastic Forest because boys like nature, too.

It would remind me of the new movie versions of Peter Pan or Swiss Family Robinson. Boys like nature stuff, too -- as long as it isn't all flowers.
In addition to your ideas, there could be:
- Acorn Lanterns,
- Oak Leaf Pup Tent (that your pet could sleep in),
- a Stone Banquet Table (like a mini Stonehenge),
- various rocks/pebbles/twigs for side tables and chairs,
- Foggy Grove Storage Ravine (animated with slowly swirling fog above it),
- Leafy Forest Flooring (with sandy paths and faint tracks of deer, bear, and raccoon),
- Sequoia Pine Forest Walls (a bit more colorful than Charm Forest, and with large shafts of sunlight showing through -- for the illusion of depth),
- an Old Hollow Tree Refrigerator, and
- a Swimming Hole (with animated Waterfall).
Maybe some spookier, outdoors-y Halloween-y items, too
- (like a cave with blinky eyes -- could be a friendly, curious bear's den, but you can't be sure).
But it should still be happy and not too dark so that your flowery, garden-type of furniture could fit, and girls would like the fairy-forest look of it.

(Maybe they could have a few different forest themes; some more Spring-y and bright, and others that are more Autumn-y or natural-looking. I hope that, no matter the palette, the colors are saturated and vivid! I don't like the new Underwater Theme because it's so murky; Ganz could have made it Caribbean-crystal-clear-turquoise instead of muddy-lake-bottom-grey. But they didn't. So .)

The furniture in this theme should be indoor/outdoor as it would go so well with the existing Bed of Roses, Unicorn PSI Magical Meadow Bed, Charm Forest walls and floors, and some of the Lily Pad items (indoor), and it also would be absolutely incredible in outdoor gardens (especially if they are plantable), with the Backwoods Tent Bed and the TC Gamer's Garden items!

The pets that would be the most comfortable here would be the Black Bear, Deer, Raccoon, Rabbit, Chipmunk, Skunk, Bat, Bluejay, and Chickadee (and maybe even the snakes, Unicorn, and dinosaur), and many new ones.

A piece of furniture that you lovingly tended and grew from seed would make it very special indeed, and would be super-cool. It shouldn't be too expensive to purchase the seeds because of the amount of time and labor required to grow it. Ganz could make it a bit tricky to grow so that it didn't always succeed on the first try (have to dig it under or buy more seeds); but not too difficult, so that younger kids could enjoy it too. The "ripening" anticipation would be wonderful!

My favorites of your suggestions are the:
- Sunflower Clock (since sunflowers really do follow the sun);
- Morning Glory Lamp (that opens its petals like you described);
- Lady Slipper Bathtub (beautiful);
- Hyacinth Chair (or even fluffy hydrangeas);
- Daffodil Trophy Pedestal.
However, I think that since the dogwood is such a skinny, branchy tree, it would grow better into a Bentwood Chair than the refrigerator you suggested.

P.S. The Bamboo Vase idea is excellent, but probably more difficult to engineer. It would go great with the Jungle Theme (and/or the Far East Theme that I've been requesting for my Pandas). If Ganz could create a one-item storage container that "shows" the item stored -- like your flowervase idea -- I'm hoping they will also make a one-item "platter" that lets us display our foods on the table. Keep your fingers crossed for these; it would be SO COOL!

Wow! I wrote a lot. You inspired me!
Arbee is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #4
Webkinz :)

Colie is on a distinguished road

AMAZING IDEA! You could also do an aloe pool, because aloe leaf juice treats burns, and it is almost clear! You should TOTALLY send it to Ganz!
Colie is offline Female
Old 09-26-2008, 01:25 AM   #5
Gift Trainee

Arbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of light

Did you notice the PSI for the new Hummingbird, the Brilliant Hibiscus Chair? That would fit with this theme, too!
Arbee is offline Female
Old 09-26-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
ants to catch up!
Gift Guru

Skipper783 is the bees knees!Skipper783 is the bees knees!Skipper783 is the bees knees!Skipper783 is the bees knees!Skipper783 is the bees knees!Skipper783 is the bees knees!Skipper783 is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by Arbee
Did you notice the PSI for the new Hummingbird, the Brilliant Hibiscus Chair? That would fit with this theme, too!
Yes, I know! That's the first thing I thought when I saw the hummingbird PSI! Now, of course, I must have a hummingbird!
Skipper783 is offline Female
Old 09-26-2008, 02:29 PM   #7
Gift Trainee

meerkat4evr is a jewel in the roughmeerkat4evr is a jewel in the rough

i LOVE THIS! The bamboo vase would look BEAUTIFUL in my LIl'Kinz Panda Number Two, Ming-Ming, and possibly, her brother XIang Xiang.
meerkat4evr is offline Female
Old 09-28-2008, 07:53 AM   #8
derrie100
Webkinz :)

Derrie is on a distinguished road

It's a good idea, but it would take MASSIVE amounts of programming for you to be able to make your own theme, so I disagree!
Derrie is offline Male
Old 09-28-2008, 07:56 AM   #9
pearsinthetree
Gifted

Pears will become famous soon enough

That 's an awesome idea!! Send it in the suggestion box in WW!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #10
Gift Trainee

View Post Originally Posted by Derrie
It's a good idea, but it would take MASSIVE amounts of programming for you to be able to make your own theme, so I disagree!
They're already doing massive amounts of programming every day. And any creative company is always looking for new ideas. One of the best sources of fresh ideas is your customer. This thread is a wealth of inspiration to Ganz. Many of our suggestions are already reality in WW; whether we inspired it from scratch or Ganz was already working on it and made it a priority to finish first because we asked for it.

Some of the items suggested/requested wouldn't need much change in coding, just a new graphic from the art department. For example, most of the refrigerators work with the same coding, it's just that they have different looks attached to them. I think the items that need the least work to develop are the ones we are likely to see first, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't suggest complicated ideas. I'm sure the whole underwater theme took a lot of effort, but we got the cool new theme people were requesting (I just wish it weren't so murky-looking).

Earlier this year I asked for a straw hat like the farmer wears in the Pumpkin Patch Protector game, so that my pet can wear it while gardening. It is now available for purchase at the Souvenir Shack on the island vacation. I also suggested a Southwestern theme would be cool. I wanted wallpaper, floors, and items that evoked the Painted Desert in Arizona and the "Wild West" and Native American heritage looks from that region, especially since Ganz was coming out with lizards, snakes, chihuahuas, etc. The Aztec theme is close. But I'm waiting for more items like the PSI for the Cocoa Dino, and more "natural stone","twig", and "pottery" -like items.

It doesn't hurt to ask. Let your imagination run wild! It's Ganz's job to figure out how (or if) to program it. It's our job to keep the designers inspired!

Arbee is offline Female
Closed