Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
Gifted

WackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicness
WackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicnessWackyZingoz211 is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Girls always being favored

I agree I'm sick of all the pink and purple pets. I want more realistic pets. I'd also love more skater-type clothes in the Kinzstyle Outlet and new room themes c:
WackyZingoz211 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #12
Webkinz :)
zacspet defies all odds
zacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
It is perspective, but it's also target audience.
There's no arguing that most of the players on webkinz are girls. (If you check Alexa, the majority is really middle aged women but age is another matter)
Ganz is going to suit it most to their current audience and target audience, which is, yes, female.

This argument has been brought up a lot, and it's always the same answer- it depends on perspective. Most pets aren't pink. Yes, a lot of them are, but not most. Usually each month there are 2 fantasy pets, 2 normal pets and 1 siggy. One or both fantasy pets might be directed towards females, but the other three or four are not. Often the fantasy pets are targeted towards males and females, with one pet for each gender.

It's all perspective. Yes, there's a girls rule room, and now the glam boutique. But salons are generally female, not to mention girls are more social than males. Males don't usually hang out in groups to chit-chat. They like to move around, do cool things. There are plenty of other clubhouse rooms that they can use for that purpose.

If you're saying because it's pink means it's not for guys, I'd just like to inform you that back when genders were assigned colours (this is really stupidity in my opinion, if a guy likes pink he likes pink) pink was for males and blue was for females.
The facts are there. Yes, I won't argue that it's mostly female, since it is. But there's a lot of oppurtunity for male players as well, that they don't seem to want to take.
Well, pink is not a gender specific color, though it's often biased. It's pink for girls, and Ganz does it on purpose. Plus, I know most parents don't let little boys buy pink things. At least; mine don't.
zacspet is offline Male
Old 04-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #13
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

I agree. I think they should have more boy stuff & more pets that could be a boy or a girl. (:
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 04-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #14
CosmicThunder

RandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonder

I didn't say males aren't social, I said females are more social. And that is true. Females love to communicate, and often they dominate social media websites.
Females don't have the advantage over everything.
They don't have the biggest advantage over pets.
Out of all of WW's fantasy pets, the difference between blue and pink pets is by about 6%.
60/216 Fantasy pets are pink. 48/216 Fantasy pets are blue.
108 are 'neutral'.
Not much of an advantage here. It's all perspective. For instance, out of 109 Room themes, 48 are neutral, 30 are more oriented towards girls and advantage-31 are oriented towards boys. Look at the Arcade. You don't see girly, pink games there. Most of them are neutral, if not a little more oriented towards males.

The best thing about WW is truly the lack of marginalization. Their options don't reflect you, they reflect the pets. My pets are equal in term of gender, and I can get the full experience from all of what WW has to offer. Enjoy what is given. Given their audience, everything is fairly well balanced.
I never said anything about the arcade games. Those are fine. I can understand that. I'm just suggesting more options for guys that's all
RandomyesIam is offline Male
Old 04-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #15
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by RandomyesIam
I never said anything about the arcade games. Those are fine. I can understand that. I'm just suggesting more options for guys that's all
I understand where you're coming from, but just as apparently the rest of the WI population is sick of pink pets, I'm sick of everyone being sick of pink pets.

If Ganz were to suddenly switch to a full boys' perspective, the girls are going to get mad. Then everyone would demand the girliness back all over again.
And it'd be a cycle, since people are never happy with what they have. Ganz has done an excellent job making Webkinz fair. It's balanced, but in a way where their target audience is their first priority, but they remember the rest as well. There are companies out there who focus only on their target audience, but here Ganz is going above and beyond to make Webkinz enjoyable to a larger audience- from adults to toddlers, males to females. There's a lot that goes under consideration for this, and whatever they're doing right now is working.
I'm going to say what I always say when these threads come up- if it's clearly making money for Ganz, they're not going to stop doing it. The trend we see right now is working for them and the general population of WW. As soon as you get these few things you want, you're going to want something else on the site. Then something else, then something else. That's the one behaviour I've noticed across WI. If a glitch is fixed, they complain about another one. If something cool is done, they complain. I'm not saying everyone does it, but if you look back onto the forum as a whole, this site includes a lot more complaining about Ganz than you'd think a fansite would.

If I were an employee and I stumbled across this site, you'd have no clue how sad and disappointed I'd be. I can understand why sometimes Ganz reps are rude, and exasperated. If the treatment the company gets from this forum is a base, I can't imagine how tiring a day of taking disgruntled peoples' phone calls would be.

The lesson is be happy for what you have. Things could always be worse.

Last edited by Amygirl8; 04-11-2012 at 05:25 PM..
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 04-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #16
chuhulil

chuhulil is a name known to allchuhulil is a name known to allchuhulil is a name known to all

I understand where you're coming from, but just as apparently the rest of the WI population is sick of pink pets, I'm sick of everyone being sick of pink pets.

If Ganz were to suddenly switch to a full boys' perspective, the girls are going to get mad. Then everyone would demand the girliness back all over again.
And it'd be a cycle, since people are never happy with what they have. Ganz has done an excellent job making Webkinz fair. It's balanced, but in a way where their target audience is their first priority, but they remember the rest as well. There are companies out there who focus only on their target audience, but here Ganz is going above and beyond to make Webkinz enjoyable to a larger audience- from adults to toddlers, males to females. There's a lot that goes under consideration for this, and whatever they're doing right now is working.
I'm going to say what I always say when these threads come up- if it's clearly making money for Ganz, they're not going to stop doing it. The trend we see right now is working for them and the general population of WW. As soon as you get these few things you want, you're going to want something else on the site. Then something else, then something else. That's the one behaviour I've noticed across WI. If a glitch is fixed, they complain about another one. If something cool is done, they complain. I'm not saying everyone does it, but if you look back onto the forum as a whole, this site includes a lot more complaining about Ganz than you'd think a fansite would.

If I were an employee and I stumbled across this site, you'd have no clue how sad and disappointed I'd be. I can understand why sometimes Ganz reps are rude, and exasperated. If the treatment the company gets from this forum is a base, I can't imagine how tiring a day of taking disgruntled peoples' phone calls would be.

The lesson is be happy for what you have. Things could always be worse.
I don't think anyone's saying switch fully to stuff for guys. I think it's more about guys having more options and there being a balance between girly stuff and guy stuff. Maybe not even guy stuff, but just stuff that's enjoyable for both genders.

Last edited by chuhulil; 04-11-2012 at 05:33 PM..
chuhulil is offline Female
Old 04-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #17
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by chuhulil
I don't think anyone's saying switch fully to stuff for guys. I think it's more about guys having more options and there being a balance between girly stuff and guy stuff. Maybe not even guy stuff, but just stuff that's enjoyable for both genders.
I didn't mean that literally. It was an example to show that if that were to suddenly happen for no reason, the following things would be caused because of it.
The rest of my post was talking about how Ganz is currently well balanced....
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 04-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #18

MAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicness
MAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicnessMAKroll is epic beyond epicness

I 100% agree.

Boys rule by far anyway.. kthxbai.
MAKroll is offline Male
Old 04-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #19
•// ❣ ѕoх ❣ //•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

Most of WW players are mainly girls. But that doesn't mean Ganz hasn't forgotten about the boys. They might do something for you and the guys in the future
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 04-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #20

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I can understand why they make more pink pets and girl oriented stuff, because there are far more female players than male. From my personal experience as a mom, the boys get bored with WW by the time they are 9 or 10, whereas girls will continue on into their teens, and even adulthood.

On the other hand, if Ganz wanted to attract more boys, they should be more deliberate in targeting this group. If they had more pets and games that boys would be attracted to, they might keep them longer. So it seems as though Ganz is not particularly trying to target them, but rather focusing on the bigger market of girls. If that's their marketing strategy, I guess that's what we'll get, unless they hear otherwise from us.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Closed

Tags
double d scotland, oliveee got a taggg, soa, think outside the [box], twloha