Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
CosmicThunder
Webkinz :)

RandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonder

Default Girls always being favored

Okay is it just me or is webkinz turning out to be more girlie? Most of the new pets have been PINK/flower print most of the clothing at the outlet is girlie. Barely any new clothing comes out for boys. And now the glam room is coming to the clubhouse when there is already a girls rule room. I'm sorry but I'm starting to get tired of girls always being favored when new updates come out.

Here's what i am suggesting:
Boys rule room (Clubhouse KC+ and regular.)
more boys clothing (Skate boarding like style, sports clothes, ect.)
A few more room themes for boys to choose from. (Surfing theme, new race car theme, skate boarding ect.)

Does anyone else agree with any of this? I'm sorry if this makes anyone mad, its not meant to be. But I can understand the pets. (that can be arguable)

*I would also like to add, the colors pink and purple have been used a lot lately and when I saw the new spring clothing line...I was really disappointed. I mean I will consider wearing the checkered shorts and possibly the green belt. The hats however...not so much. The blue sweater. Come on ganz you have 2 other sweaters like that just different colors. I'm pretty sure guys are tired of the same sweater design. I do have a suggestion towards the clothing....(it seems to me like some girls are wondering "Why what's wrong with pink and purple for a guy." Honestly its not a very common color guys like to wear.*

Clothing suggestions for guys + both genders

Black or green football jersey
Red/Black/white camo shirt + pants
Silver shoes (We already have those at the shop but they are huge on any pet LOL so maybe tone down the size of it.)
White rockstar jacket with black buckles (Similar to the black rock jacket.-Both genders)
Orange T-shirt (both genders)
Black tennis shoes with yellow lightning bolts on the side.
Red swim trunks with blue or white Spiral designs
Yellow T-shirt with blue stripes (Both genders)
Green shorts with black end stripes (lol sounds silly but i think it would look cool.)
Green/Yellow checkered shorts
Brown tennis shoes with white tips
White tuxedo
Black sandals (Both genders.)
White hoodie with a black cartoon flame on it.
Plain black hoodie (Both genders)
Flower print swim trunks (Guys always wear those lol white/blue/black)
Backwards ball cap (any color)
Blue or silver shutter shades (both genders- wouldn't that be cool?
Blue runners/Black/gray. (Similar to red runners-Both genders.)
A hockey jersey
Red basketball shoes (Like how they actually look in real life.)
Checkered blue and yellow shirt (Sounds interesting to me.)
White belt with paint splatter (Both genders.)
Paint splatter t-shirt (both genders.)
Tennis shoes with a cartoon soccer ball on fire? (cartoon flame of course lol.)
White-Green-Yellow baseball cap
*Wouldn't it be cool if we could have a solid colored T-shirt with our pets name on it that we could buy from the outlet(You know how in wshop your pets psf is there? Well why not do that for shirts, you could pick a color and have your pets name on the front or back-sounds like the t-shirt designer but its not.*

Last edited by RandomyesIam; 04-17-2012 at 02:26 PM..
RandomyesIam is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
Autism Awareness

fishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Girls always being favored

Hi there, I think its because its "Pink Day" this month and all that. And yet, Only a small part of the new pets are pink. Other's are like the new winged tiger and fire bird and such. So I don't think its getting more girlie. It may just be your point of view.
fishypuffy123 is offline Female
Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
Whoviancoffeelover

Fairmaidenbmt defies all odds
Fairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all oddsFairmaidenbmt defies all odds

Yeah it's kind of annoying! Almost all of the new room themes are kind of lame and full of girly pink stuff. Plus I've noticed most of the movies they are making event rooms for are something a girl is more likely to be interested in. They should defenatly add some new stuff for the dudes
Fairmaidenbmt is offline Female
Old 04-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
CosmicThunder

RandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by fishypuffy123
Hi there, I think its because its "Pink Day" this month and all that. And yet, Only a small part of the new pets are pink. Other's are like the new winged tiger and fire bird and such. So I don't think its getting more girlie. It may just be your point of view.
I can understand that, but it seems the past 2 months most of all the pets were pink. I have only seen pink and blue (Like the unusual pets lol)
Old 04-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

I don't know about the actual pets, but you're right, I'd love to see more boy's pet clothing. It does seem Ganz is making all the new stuff for the girls...And since there's a girls rule room, why not a boys rule?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #6

Firefox88 is not just visiting!Firefox88 is not just visiting!Firefox88 is not just visiting!Firefox88 is not just visiting!Firefox88 is not just visiting!Firefox88 is not just visiting!Firefox88 is not just visiting!Firefox88 is not just visiting!Firefox88 is not just visiting!Firefox88 is not just visiting!Firefox88 is not just visiting!

Wink Re: Girls always being favored

It looks like then more girls play Webkinz. Maybe that's why they have more girly stuff.But boys play too, so they should have a boys rule room in the clubhouse!

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Butterflies; 04-13-2012 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: do not use the blue ink reserved for staff
Firefox88 is offline Female
Old 04-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
zacspet defies all odds
zacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all odds

I agree. It makes me jealous that they're making Girls rule things.
zacspet is offline Male
Old 04-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

It is perspective, but it's also target audience.
There's no arguing that most of the players on webkinz are girls. (If you check Alexa, the majority is really middle aged women but age is another matter)
Ganz is going to suit it most to their current audience and target audience, which is, yes, female.

This argument has been brought up a lot, and it's always the same answer- it depends on perspective. Most pets aren't pink. Yes, a lot of them are, but not most. Usually each month there are 2 fantasy pets, 2 normal pets and 1 siggy. One or both fantasy pets might be directed towards females, but the other three or four are not. Often the fantasy pets are targeted towards males and females, with one pet for each gender.

It's all perspective. Yes, there's a girls rule room, and now the glam boutique. But salons are generally female, not to mention girls are more social than males. Males don't usually hang out in groups to chit-chat. They like to move around, do cool things. There are plenty of other clubhouse rooms that they can use for that purpose.

If you're saying because it's pink means it's not for guys, I'd just like to inform you that back when genders were assigned colours (this is really stupidity in my opinion, if a guy likes pink he likes pink) pink was for males and blue was for females.
The facts are there. Yes, I won't argue that it's mostly female, since it is. But there's a lot of oppurtunity for male players as well, that they don't seem to want to take.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 04-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
CosmicThunder

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
It is perspective, but it's also target audience.
There's no arguing that most of the players on webkinz are girls. (If you check Alexa, the majority is really middle aged women but age is another matter)
Ganz is going to suit it most to their current audience and target audience, which is, yes, female.

This argument has been brought up a lot, and it's always the same answer- it depends on perspective. Most pets aren't pink. Yes, a lot of them are, but not most. Usually each month there are 2 fantasy pets, 2 normal pets and 1 siggy. One or both fantasy pets might be directed towards females, but the other three or four are not. Often the fantasy pets are targeted towards males and females, with one pet for each gender.

It's all perspective. Yes, there's a girls rule room, and now the glam boutique. But salons are generally female, not to mention girls are more social than males. Males don't usually hang out in groups to chit-chat. They like to move around, do cool things. There are plenty of other clubhouse rooms that they can use for that purpose.

If you're saying because it's pink means it's not for guys, I'd just like to inform you that back when genders were assigned colours (this is really stupidity in my opinion, if a guy likes pink he likes pink) pink was for males and blue was for females.
The facts are there. Yes, I won't argue that it's mostly female, since it is. But there's a lot of oppurtunity for male players as well, that they don't seem to want to take.
I'm not saying pink is stupid for guys or anything. I'm just saying there is to much of it. yes it is a target audience but if webkinz aimed some stuff towards guys their site would gain more popularity with boys wanting to play on their site. As for saying males aren't social. That is entirely untrue and I find that quite offensive. I have many other guy friends on webkinz and on here and we talk all the time. I'm saying its unfair how girls have the advantage over everything.

Last edited by RandomyesIam; 04-11-2012 at 04:07 PM..
Old 04-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #10
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by RandomyesIam
I'm not saying pink is stupid for guys or anything. I'm just saying there is to much of it. yes it is a target audience but if webkinz aimed some stuff towards guys their site would gain more popularity with boys wanting to play on their site. As for saying males aren't social. That is entirely untrue and I find that quite offensive. I have many other guy friends on webkinz and on here and we talk all the time. I'm saying its unfair how girls have the advantage over everything.
I didn't say males aren't social, I said females are more social. And that is true. Females love to communicate, and often they dominate social media websites.
Females don't have the advantage over everything.
They don't have the biggest advantage over pets.
Out of all of WW's fantasy pets, the difference between blue and pink pets is by about 6%.
60/216 Fantasy pets are pink. 48/216 Fantasy pets are blue.
108 are 'neutral'.
Not much of an advantage here. It's all perspective. For instance, out of 109 Room themes, 48 are neutral, 30 are more oriented towards girls and advantage-31 are oriented towards boys. Look at the Arcade. You don't see girly, pink games there. Most of them are neutral, if not a little more oriented towards males.

The best thing about WW is truly the lack of marginalization. Their options don't reflect you, they reflect the pets. My pets are equal in term of gender, and I can get the full experience from all of what WW has to offer. Enjoy what is given. Given their audience, everything is fairly well balanced.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
double d scotland, oliveee got a taggg, soa, think outside the [box], twloha