Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 08:59 AM   #11
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: Ganz should have stricter quality control on their plush

I personally think they're good quality. I have 115 webkinz and I only have one or two with stitching problems. A lot of the ones I've seen that were TERRIBLE were smushed in the box. Its sorta obvious that's what happened.

But I have to admit I have seen a few that are really messed up! And it makes me sad. But I've seen other stuffed animals with defects too! Not just webkinz. I've seen the defects worse in others. I guess it just depends on where you shop and your shipment... But I've never seen any mangled ones. lol.
Blythe is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2010, 09:10 AM   #12
Sssssssssss......
Tyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guide

Ganz itself does not make webkinz. A factory in China does. On the tags it clearly says "This product is made in China." There is no way for Ganz to control how it is made. And even if the plush is made very well, they can still be smushed together during shipping, and when they arrive in stores, people can easily mess them up.

Anyway, I haven't really noticed this. All the webkinz I buy are very high quality, in my opinion.
Tyrannus Rex is offline Male
Old 06-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #13
Banned
jaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind. It makes it unique. I think it's cute. I would hate if all the plushies looked the same.
One of my cheeky's cat ears is pretty much nonexistant and hidden, while the other's is normal. I like that. And one of my emperor dragon's scales was sewn into the head so it isn't there either. I like that. But if any of the pets were actually hanging by a thread and low quality, not just misplaced features, I would contact Ganz about what you've noticed.

Last edited by jaspyr; 06-14-2010 at 09:37 AM..
jaspyr is offline Female
Old 06-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #14
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by Tyrannus Rex
Ganz itself does not make webkinz. A factory in China does. On the tags it clearly says "This product is made in China." There is no way for Ganz to control how it is made. And even if the plush is made very well, they can still be smushed together during shipping, and when they arrive in stores, people can easily mess them up.

Anyway, I haven't really noticed this. All the webkinz I buy are very high quality, in my opinion.
Yup.
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 06-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #15
Webkinz :)

karategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the rep
karategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the repkarategurl invented the rep

View Post Originally Posted by bobo247
I really don't pay much attention to the plushies, I am hooked on the adoptions on line. My dogs chew out the eyes anyway (that sounds so mean). If I thought about it, I would probably buy the deformed ones, so someone else could have the others.
Lol you sound exactly like me I usually don't pay attention to the plushes either and my doggie chews most of them up anyway--i'd rather just have the code
karategurl is offline Female
Old 06-14-2010, 09:52 AM   #16

gamergirl420 is on a distinguished road

I love your avatar karategurl! What a great supportive site (I googled the phrase lol)
Old 06-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #17

~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder

TOTALLY!!!! Every time i get a webbie, i look at ALL of the ones of that kind, to see which is best. When i got my siamese, it's muzzle is totally slanted to the left side, so she has a lopsided muzzle.... and that was the best one there! You can hardly see my clover puppy's eyes! they are buried in fur. sigh.... like the only good webkinz i have, are my signatures, the wolf and calico, and they surprisingly look better than the ads. LOL but that is expected isn't it?
~Kiwi~ is offline Female
Old 06-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #18

Avonnite is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Tyrannus Rex

But if you go by that argument, no company would be responsible for their own products. The majority of toys are made overseas. Thing is, Ganz does have control over their factories. They are the ones who commission them and give them the exact details on how to make the plushies. If they're not satisfied with the quality, they can control that by dictating tighter quality controls (which will cost more money) or moving to another factory.

So, actually, the reason that the plushies are of low quality is because Ganz refuses to pay for a better factory.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #19
(:
Dot Jr. is sweet stuff
Dot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuffDot Jr. is sweet stuff

Your right! Usually whenever I go to shop for a new Webkinz I always have to dig through all of them to find one that has a nice face.
Dot Jr. is offline Female
Old 06-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #20
Liberty

SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!

agreed! I've noticed that some of my webbies don't even look close to the ones shown in the catalog!
SugarFrenzy is offline Female
Closed