Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #51
Rarely on here
Webkinz :)

animalsrock!34 has much to be proud ofanimalsrock!34 has much to be proud ofanimalsrock!34 has much to be proud ofanimalsrock!34 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Ganz Should Change Wording in a POTM Song

Yeah, I noticed that and was wondering about it. Kinda weird, Ganz... I never expected them to do something like that
animalsrock!34 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #52
Gift Guru

nmk6 knows the way
nmk6 knows the waynmk6 knows the way

Yes, I was thinking the same thing.
nmk6 is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #53

kitkat97106 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkitkat97106 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkitkat97106 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkitkat97106 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkitkat97106 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkitkat97106 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkitkat97106 radiates beauty and kindness all around

I agree!!! They have jokes like that but don't allow us to have bunkbeds!?
kitkat97106 is offline Female
Old 06-17-2011, 02:55 AM   #54
remmyrat

abbyartsy78 is cool as a bunny clownabbyartsy78 is cool as a bunny clownabbyartsy78 is cool as a bunny clownabbyartsy78 is cool as a bunny clownabbyartsy78 is cool as a bunny clownabbyartsy78 is cool as a bunny clownabbyartsy78 is cool as a bunny clownabbyartsy78 is cool as a bunny clown

Well sometimes I say the real word, not on here or any children sites of course..
and I think Ganz should Delete that one line.. With something much more appropriateish for younger children.. Like, some people gave examples of what they could say, parents wont be so happy if they say that.. word..
abbyartsy78 is offline Female
Old 06-17-2011, 03:10 AM   #55

TheOutsider will become famous soon enough

I agree. I don't want my daughter saying that!
TheOutsider is offline Male
Old 06-17-2011, 07:09 AM   #56
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡

chocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roostchocluver223 rules the roost

I agree. For the target age group it's a little innapropriate.
chocluver223 is offline Female
Old 06-17-2011, 07:38 AM   #57
iscream247

bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!

I disagree - I do think children can differentiate between a curse word or a word that is used in everything from childrens books to textbooks. After all a dam is simply something build by a beaver (I'm suprised that no one has objected to this word) or mankind.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #58

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by bobo247
I disagree - I do think children can differentiate between a curse word or a word that is used in everything from childrens books to textbooks. After all a dam is simply something build by a beaver (I'm suprised that no one has objected to this word) or mankind.
But they're not referring to the word as simply a structure. That would not make it a joke. What makes it a joke is that are giving a 'wink wink' at the cuss word.

Last edited by Desty; 06-17-2011 at 08:09 AM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 06-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #59
Diabetes Awareness

FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!

Normally I oppose changing something like a song or movie because some people are offended by some part of it. When I heard the song, I was surprised, unhappy, and conflicted. The first 2 match many people on this thread. The conflicted was because my first thought was "they need to change that!" and then I thought about how I feel about people trying to force change on someone else's creative work becuase they find it offensive.

After some long hard thinking and soul searching I have concluded that Ganz needs to change the joke to something not giving a wink to a bad word. This is not just a creative piece, it is one commercially produced and targeted for a very young audience.

I can live with the judge finding the jokes maddening and the thinking poor clown fish getting hurt is funny. I did not find it funny, but I could see how others might. I can also live with the clown fish taking cuts in front of all the other contestents. But the bad word/ water blocking device homonymn joke, while as old as almost any joke out there is not appropriate for a young audience. There are plenty of water/sea based jokes out there that they could have avoided one with allusion to language not allowed by their own kc+ filters.

If they wanted something slightly risky then how about "What's black and White and red all over? An embarressed orca!" Ok, a bit lame. but it would have made sense that the judge would not like the jokes a bit more after one like that. And with a bit more thought I am sure someone can come up with why the orca is embarressed.

The point is, their song writer blew it, the video editor blew it, and eveyone who heard the song befoer it was released blew it. That one joke should have never made it to the final release, and ganz reallyy should recall the video, do a small edit to replace that one joke, then re-release it.
FBmom is offline Female
Old 06-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #60
it's Olive ♥

Catlover200710 is a wise owlCatlover200710 is a wise owlCatlover200710 is a wise owlCatlover200710 is a wise owl
Catlover200710 is a wise owlCatlover200710 is a wise owl

Oh wow!
I agree, it's too UNAPPROPIATE for little kids who may be watching that video! Imagine what they think when they saw a cute little webkinz clown fish saying 'Dam!' but its a funny joke but I'm sUre little kids don't understand.
Catlover200710 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
ganz should change joke, small was here :]