Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #41
iscream247
Webkinz :)

bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!

Default Re: Ganz Should Change Wording in a POTM Song

LOL - my kids heard much worse than that in kindergarden. This seems pretty picky to me. Even kids can understand the word means something that beavers build or something built by people to hold back water. Good heavens, - I once took my kids to the hoover dam, did that make me a bad parent?.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #42

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

I don't think it's a big deal, but I am surprised that Ganz did that. Just because how picky they are, I mean I couldn't even name my Purple Chicky, Peeps. But they put this word in a video of theirs?

But some of you are actually putting what the joke is, which isn't much better then the video I must say!
Lambchop77 is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 08:00 AM   #43
Silentbreeze
Gifted

big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond
big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond

WI Subscriber

I guess I'm the minority here, I thought the joke was hilarious.
big2gray is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #44

Pandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacity
Pandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacityPandalover4ever has reached maximum rep capacity

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I agree, That is not a nice word that you want to hear coming from the mouth of someone in the target age group they are trying to reach
I agree, totally!! < Clown Fish
Pandalover4ever is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 09:24 AM   #45

ginny19 defies all odds
ginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all odds

I can't believe they did that when they won't allow bunkbeds because it might 'make children think sleeping together is okay'...
ginny19 is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #46
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by ginny19
I can't believe they did that when they won't allow bunkbeds because it might 'make children think sleeping together is okay'...
Great point!
I think what bothers people is that it's obvious that they are slipping a cuss word in there. (yes, they are using it with a double meaning, but it's still cussing) Most parents have taught their kids not to cuss. It's in bad taste when you think of saying it in front of a small child.
Would you go in front of a classroom of little kids and say that joke? (I sure hope not)
Cussing is trashy, and the bottom line is that there was a board room of adults who thought it was funny to throw out a cuss word at their customers, including small children.
Disrespectful and trashy.

It's just strange that Ganz was too nervous to say Happy Easter to us, for fear of offending anyone, and yet they'll do this. ??

Last edited by Desty; 06-16-2011 at 10:59 AM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #47
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

Also when they say 'song' but with a th..
I just listened to it, and that and the beaver joke or whatever.

View Post Originally Posted by big2gray
I guess I'm the minority here, I thought the joke was hilarious.
It is funny, but there are little kids watching it. Sure they might not know what it means, but they didn't really annunciate (sp) 'dam'

Last edited by Pupsaresocute; 06-16-2011 at 10:05 AM..
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #48
(◕‿◕✿)

allyb0 knows the way
allyb0 knows the wayallyb0 knows the wayallyb0 knows the way

Yah, it really should. I know some little kids may not get it, but that isn't really safe.

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Great point!
I think what bothers people is that it's obvious that they are slipping a cuss word in there. (yes, they are using it with a double meaning, but it's still cussing) Most parents have taught their kids not to cuss. It's in bad taste when you think of saying it in front of a small child.
Would you go in front of a classroom of little kids and say that joke? (I sure hope not)
Cussing is trashy, and the bottom line is that there was a board room of adults who thought it was funny to throw out a cuss word at their customers, including small children.
Disrespectful and trashy.

It's just strange that Ganz was too nervous to say Happy Easter to us, for fear of offending anyone, and yet they'll do this. ??
Exactly. Many of you would consider me a little kid if you heard what age I was, and I just hat cursing. It's terrible. I wouldn't belive Ganz saying that in a song.

Last edited by allyb0; 06-16-2011 at 11:09 AM..
allyb0 is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #49
hat happened?
Gift Guru

Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness
Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzfan909
Yes, i almost called GANZ on that, it was very uncalled for. My brother was watching it with me, and said, "But mommy says that that's a bad word!" So i tried to explain the joke to him, and he said, "Well, if webkinz can say it, so can i!" Guess what he said at dinner? Yes, i agree, GANZ needs to change it.
Oh, no! This is exactly what I was afraid of.
Isabelle123 is offline Female
Old 06-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #50

Webbylover is a jewel in the roughWebbylover is a jewel in the rough

Woe, I can't believe they said that! This is kids sight for goodness sake! It might've been a double meaning, but why on earth would you say dam when you ran into a wall unless you were obviously using it in the bad way? I know I know, they were talking about a water dam, but why WHY would you say it if you ran into a wall unless you were cussing? That's just terrible of GANZ! Yet they still wont do bunkbeds cause its not good for children to see...
Webbylover is offline Female
Closed

Tags
ganz should change joke, small was here :]