Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #91
Believe in bunnies!
Webkinz :)

aibo7m3 is a glorious beacon of lightaibo7m3 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Ganz Should Change Wording in a POTM Song

I saw this too, it bothered me quite a lot. Parents always seem to wonder where children learned to swear so much, who would ever think Webkinz would be one of those places???. I am a kid but I'm old enough that I know what that means and I don't really think it should be in songs targeted for young children. Well, also corny jokes in general really annoy me..
aibo7m3 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #92
Gifted

smallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roost

I agree! For older kids it's kind of amusing but for younger kids and parents, it's pretty inappropriate. I know very young children are on WW and they shouldn't be hearing foul language.
smallmonkey953 is offline Female
Old 06-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #93
Leanne
Gift Guru

aerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a hero
aerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a hero

I was very surprised when I heard that word used in the song. My kids love to sing the POTM songs and I'm sure lots of others do also. Most kids will not know when it is appropriate to use that word and may use it without realizing they are offending someone. I hope Ganz will decide to stick with kid appropriate humor in the future.
aerogrit is offline Female
Old 06-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #94

Dolphinheart is a creator of wonder
Dolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonder

I support!
Dolphinheart is offline Female
Old 06-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #95
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

I do think that it's not very good for little children to hear the joke, but it doesn't even make any sense. My older sister pointed out that the joke would make more sense if a beaver ran into a log, but it was just a fish...
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 06-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #96
Meme Queen

sabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guidesabrinafan1 is a golden guide

I understand the joke, but like a lot of people said, littler kids might not understand. They might go around telling their friends this joke and probably get in trouble if an adult hears them say the punch line. Then Ganz will be blamed for this.
I support.

Last edited by sabrinafan1; 07-07-2011 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: spelling
sabrinafan1 is offline Female
Old 06-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #97
hovian ;)
Gifted

CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!CandiiDucky is not just visiting!

I mute the song and never listen to them but I agree with your point. It seems like children are swearing younger and younger.
CandiiDucky is offline Female
Old 06-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #98

moosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wondermoosetracks143 wows us all with wonder

I was so surprised when I listened to that song for the first time. I wasn't paying much attention, just multi-tasking as usual, but that joke caught my ear straight away. I was... well... to say the least, absolutely shocked at Ganz. Although I am an older user, Webkinz World is geared towards young players as well, and that joke seemed just a bit too mature for young children. I think that the joke was unnecessary; it could so easily have been replaced with a fun and silly knock-knock joke that players of all ages would understand and appreciate. Thank you so much for voicing your opinion and creating this thread - hopefully Ganz will listen.
moosetracks143 is offline Female
Old 06-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #99
Never Grow Up!

momofthree is the cats pajamas!momofthree is the cats pajamas!momofthree is the cats pajamas!momofthree is the cats pajamas!momofthree is the cats pajamas!momofthree is the cats pajamas!

My kids have always loved the POTM videos, and usually watch them over and over. Normally I don't mind, since they are so cute. It's not so funny when you have a young DS that knows when something will get a reaction out of an adult, so he repeats it. I know that word has 2 meanings, but I don't think it's appropriate for Ganz's target age group!!!!

Thanks for that Ganz.

BTW thanks for starting this thread, I don't know if they'll listen, but they should, I am the one paying for all these Webbies for our family.

momofthree is offline Female
Old 06-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #100
This is Halloween!

Musicgurl has a spectacular aura aboutMusicgurl has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by doggierule
In the newest POTM song, "I Like to Clown Around," when the clownfish goes on stage to tell jokes the third time, the first joke he says is: "What did the fish say when he swam into a log? Dam!" I really think Ganz needs to cut that joke out or replace it with a new one because, come on, younger children are watching these videos! They might not understand what that means, but still, I don't think parents would like it. I told my mom about it, and even though I'm no longer a little kid, she still said she didn't like that.

So who agrees with me (if you understand the joke) that Ganz should change that part in the song? I mean, don't get me wrong, it was a good song and video. Just that one part I think needs to be changed. . .

I never caught that! Being a teen, I understand the joke both ways, and even though I understand it, little kids won't. Ganz should fix that joke.
Musicgurl is offline Female
Closed

Tags
ganz should change joke, small was here :]