Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Ideas For Ganz (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/ideas-ganz-169/)
-   -   Ganz Should Change Wording in a POTM Song (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/ideas-ganz-169/ganz-should-change-wording-pet-month-699492/)

doggierule06-09-2011 10:14 AM

Ganz Should Change Wording in a POTM Song

In the newest POTM song, "I Like to Clown Around," when the clownfish goes on stage to tell jokes the third time, the first joke he says is: "What did the fish say when he swam into a log? Dam!" I really think Ganz needs to cut that joke out or replace it with a new one because, come on, younger children are watching these videos! They might not understand what that means, but still, I don't think parents would like it. I told my mom about it, and even though I'm no longer a little kid, she still said she didn't like that.

So who agrees with me (if you understand the joke) that Ganz should change that part in the song? I mean, don't get me wrong, it was a good song and video. Just that one part I think needs to be changed. . .
:clownfish:

Update: Hey everyone! I think they actually changed it! They replaced it with a joke about a starfish! Yay! They listened!

Darlabell06-09-2011 10:21 AM

Re: Ganz Should Change Wording in a POTM Song

Yep, I thought the same thing when I heard it....we have a lot of small children here who play and I really think it is over their heads, all they hear is the word and even though I have explained it they still think it's swearing!!! Poor, poor judgment on Ganz's part!:(

doggoneit06-09-2011 10:22 AM

I agree. Little kids could be watching that movie! I support!

Margo06-09-2011 10:25 AM

I had the same thought when I listened to the song. I was surprised that they put that in there. Clearly there is nothing wrong with the word dam, but the joke requires you to understand the other spelling and meaning of that word.

tarabella906-09-2011 12:08 PM

I thought it really does! I mean, this is supposed to be a little kids' website!!!

jellydonut06-09-2011 12:16 PM

yeah, probably, but i honestly thought that video was funny. it was trying to copy the show americas got talent, but the 'dam' joke was not appropiate for little kids i agree

Isabelle12306-09-2011 12:16 PM

They should change that, cause it sounds sooo similar to the actual bad word, and what if a bunch of kids thought it was cool and funny and starting saying "Dam!" when they, i.e. stub their toe. It would sound like they were saying the bad word. Then when mom hears where little Johnny heard that from, she probably wouldn't let him play on WW for a while/ever again.

labsrock06-09-2011 12:17 PM

I agree, it's a little inappropriate

Dixiecup06-09-2011 12:31 PM

I agree, That is not a nice word that you want to hear coming from the mouth of someone in the target age group they are trying to reach :o

T985006-09-2011 02:14 PM

Well, at least it's not profanity. A lot of 6-year-olds love jokes like that.