Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #21
Just another
Webkinz :)

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: GANZ, please stop!

I would never spend real money on virtual things.

I am afraid of what's next.

Maybe next your account will expire in 6 months instead of a year?

I haven't gotten a new Webkinz in 5 months and I don't really want anymore.
dandogkinie is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #22
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

I agree that they are coming out with too many new products, but I love the eStore membership idea. I would love to sign up (and I intend to) and it is a way for me to acquire product without harming any more of the environment with wasted junk that will just sit in my house.
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #23
roverbono on

dizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to behold

I agree with all of you SO much!

And if they make it 6 months, I bet SO many people won't be coming back.

- Ciara

Thanks SO much for the opinions guys!

P.S.

SnoopysGirl, I get what you're saying, but you're the person we're getting at, and no I don't mean you're a bad person in any way for wanting to buy e-Store stuff.
I'm just saying that's it's not fair that people like you get to have great accounts... For me? Nothing that great.

Ganz's new stuff is what's making people resort to scamming.

THANKS A LOT GANZ.
dizzyfish101 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #24
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by dizzyfish101

SnoopysGirl, I get what you're saying, but you're the person we're getting at, and no I don't mean you're a bad person in any way for wanting to buy e-Store stuff.
I'm just saying that's it's not fair that people like you get to have great accounts... For me? Nothing that great.

Ganz's new stuff is what's making people resort to scamming.

THANKS A LOT GANZ.
First of all, I highlighted the area of your post that I found offensive. That was not really a kind thing to say.

You can have "great stuff" without having a membership. I probably won't be buying the signature collection of plushes, and maybe you will - I'm just saying that I prefer to purchase items that won't result in me buying another concrete item. This is my personal choice. Perhaps you will choose something different, like a new plush that you really like.

And, one other thing: if a deluxe account is something that you really want, I think you could ask for it as a gift.

I understand how people might think that this separates WW into two different groups: Deluxe and Regular. I really don't see how people would really know the difference, except if they wear the hat into the clubhouse. Otherwise, you wouldn't know if people have traded for the items or purchased them.

One last point: Ganz doesn't make people scam. It is an unfortunate result of a society in which everyone thinks that they are owed something, or that everyone is entitled to other people's stuff. This is an unfortunate trend that has reared its ugly head, even into WW.
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #25
roverbono on

dizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by SnoopysGirl
First of all, I highlighted the area of your post that I found offensive. That was not really a kind thing to say.

You can have "great stuff" without having a membership. I probably won't be buying the signature collection of plushes, and maybe you will - I'm just saying that I prefer to purchase items that won't result in me buying another concrete item. This is my personal choice. Perhaps you will choose something different, like a new plush that you really like.

And, one other thing: if a deluxe account is something that you really want, I think you could ask for it as a gift.

I understand how people might think that this separates WW into two different groups: Deluxe and Regular. I really don't see how people would really know the difference, except if they wear the hat into the clubhouse. Otherwise, you wouldn't know if people have traded for the items or purchased them.

One last point: Ganz doesn't make people scam. It is an unfortunate result of a society in which everyone thinks that they are owed something, or that everyone is entitled to other people's stuff. This is an unfortunate trend that has reared its ugly head, even into WW.
I'm really sorry if I offended you .. it's really hard to explain...

I just meant that I don't find it fair to see that some people get to have deluxe accounts and some people don't. Webkinz isn't meant to be like this.
I understand why you're getting it. If I could, I would. I get you 100%.
Also, some people get things when others don't, so it's not the best reason to complain.
I'm just saying that I disagree with some of the products and how it's all unfolding...

It's not Webkinz anymore really...

- Ciara

Please accept my apology. I seriously didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #26
Did it!
Gift Guru

JBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guide

I most definitely agree. It would make everything so much more fun if all the places on WW were available to everyone.
JBONE92 is offline Male
Old 04-04-2009, 12:14 AM   #27
roverbono on

And of course GANZ doesn't want people to scam or anything, I'm just saying that it drives certain people to scam, just like stealing in real life - some less fortunate people do it! And yes it's silly to do it over a toy. I know.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:43 AM   #28
aseals2
Gift Guru

carmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective socks

Unfortunately, this is the way of big business. Right now, Webkinz is hot (aka popular), so they are going to make as much money as they can while they can.

I do agree that Ganz started out on the right track - a plushie or two were released each month. And if you couldn't afford the full-size plush, a Lil'Kinz got you all the same stuff. Then came the trading cards and charms. The Series 1 trading cards were kind of fun, because there was also a card game. You could get some cool stuff too. Same with the carriers. The charms were a little more annoying because you could only get into the Fairy Forest if you had a charm. But then they introduced the Star Catching - and EVERYONE could do it!

Then, you're right, they went downhill from there. The Series 2 trading cards were the first clue. Why the second set? Plus bookmarks and mousepads. Followed by the KinzStyle clothes - a new section of WW that you had to pay to get in (by buying clothes). Then the plushies started coming 3-5 a month, and the figurines were introduced - along with another EXCLUSIVE section of the Fairy Forest. I didn't want to be left out, so I broke down and bought ONE figurine.

wCares was a good idea. You could buy Lil'Kinz plushies for cheaper than anywhere else and have a little 5 day bonus. I am a BIG fan of Lil'Kinz and their cheaper cost!

Next we had ornaments. Cute, somewhat practical - at least I could hang it on my Christmas tree - and the only online bonus was a decorated Christmas tree.

Then along comes the eStore. The eStore seemed like a good idea. If you had the cash, you could buy some extra items, including an occassional online-only pet. I liked the idea of not having to buy another plushie to get a new character. But the recent change to points and abundance of online-only items is starting to irk me too. And if they think I'm paying for the Circus Theme, they are out of their minds.

Now add to that the Series 3 and 4 trading cards, the KinzClips, the Signature pets and Caring Valley. I have a panda - why do I want to buy one just to get into Caring Valley, or just to have one that looks more realistic for $25?! And I have to buy a KinzClip to find the Zums! Now, memberships. I'm still debating if it's worth it. You get a few little gifts each month, and some extra daily activities. The "Gold Zone" really isn't a big selling point.

It is all about money and how much can you make for how long. Ganz is going to flood the market and ride high on the profits while they can. At least until they go the way of the Beanie Babies, Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake and other fads that have come and gone (and come again). Rather than get upset and angry, just enjoy what you like about Webkinz while you can. If you only have a plush or two and enjoy playing the tournament and/or arcade games, then I say go for it! I find it is a much better hobby than World of Warcraft or some other online games. At least I don't have to kill anything. Or deal with foul language. Or worry about who is cyber-stalking my kids.
carmel_mom is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 01:06 AM   #29

mygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glitters
mygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glittersmygaga55 is all that glitters

You said it all in a nutshell. There are so many things Ganz is putting on the market and online it's becoming overwhelming. I am a grandmother and love my plushies and enjoying WW with my grandchildren. The games are fun and it's a wholesome enviroment for all, not to mention educational. You are so right about other online games. There is enough of that on television.
mygaga55 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 01:07 AM   #30
webkinz_forever

Yes. Again and again, ganz is becoming more moneycentric. I find it sad that they have evolved from a fun site for kids to a site which rotates around buying more and more stuff, which only adults can manage to keep up with. Thanks for posting this.
Closed

Tags
webkinz1751 was here!