Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #71
ill be loved
Gift Guru

jenniferpro has disabled reputation

Default Re: GANZ- do the world some good and raise awareness with the Awareness Pup, and Line of Awareness Webkinz! PLEASE SUPPORT--

Thank you for supporting everyone

@Tarsky- please read the bottom of the first post

@Pigs Fly- I personally think that kids should all know about the diseases- they are at risk of getting them too.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2011, 08:19 AM   #72
Webkinz :)
minnottes has disabled reputation

Default Re: GANZ- do the world some good and raise awareness with the Awareness Pup, and Line of Awareness Webkinz! PLEASE SUPPORT--

View Post Originally Posted by Pigs Fly
Im sorry I have to disagree that itd be a good idea. Dont be mad! Ill explain!

I think your graphics and design for the pet is AWESOME! I hope you do artwork because you are really great!

The reason I don't think awareness ought to be pets is becuase remember there are some little kids here, and also people who may have these diseases or who lost people from them or have them and its not a political "thing". I have Lupus! it's horrible an I do hope People learn about it all but I think having a pet would make people feel bad. Pretend for instance someone likes the pet for some kind of cancer? And then they give it as a present to their 8 year old or whatever and then all of a sudden they have to learn or know about all this horrible stuff that kills people or puts them through a horrible illness, or which can seriously impact a loved ones life but they didnt know that! And maybe at age 10 or 14 even you dont have to know this stuff and thats GOOD. Webkinz should not be political statements or sad things. I could not stand seeing 300 pink puppys for breast cancer in the clubhouse because my aunt went through so so so much with it and she ended up passing on. So its a good thing to support people in these situations but I dont think webkinz shloud be the palce. It is to have fun and smile and not look at things like that. If ppl want to make a donation to their favorite cause then DO THAT you dont have to buy a pet to help!!!

proud owner of 218 webkinz!
I am going to have to agree with you here. As a mom of two young girls, I don't think Webkinz is the place to for my daughters to learn about some of these horrible diseases and their consequences.
Furthermore, maybe the adults that have these diseases play on Webkinz to help them temporarily forget about the disease they have. Sometimes it helps them not feel pain to be doing something they enjoy without being reminded of the hurt and suffering.

Last edited by minnottes; 05-18-2011 at 08:27 AM..
minnottes is offline Female
Old 05-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #73
ill be loved
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by minnottes
I am going to have to agree with you here. As a mom of two young girls, I don't think Webkinz is the place to for my daughters to learn about some of these horrible diseases and their consequences.
Furthermore, maybe the adults that have these diseases play on Webkinz to help them temporarily forget about the disease they have. Sometimes it helps them not feel pain to be doing something they enjoy without being reminded of the hurt and suffering.
Thanks for your opinion
Old 05-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #74
minnottes has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by jenniferpro
Thanks for your opinion
I am sorry about disagreeing with you- I know your heart is in the right place- and I do think children should learn about these diseases. However, do you remember an article here from November of 2010 about an 11 year old girl with mitochondrial disease? The Make-A-Wish Foundation granted her wish to have every webkinz ever made, which came out to be 222. Her mom said the little girl loved playing in WW so much because it was her escape from dealing with constant pain from her disease. That is why I disagree with a line of disease awareness pets. I would support a pet with a tag similar to those found on the Caring Valley pets where some of the proceeds would go to help find cures for these diseases.
minnottes is offline Female
Old 05-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #75
zacspet defies all odds
zacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all oddszacspet defies all odds

I support! these pets are really cute :].
zacspet is offline Male
Old 05-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #76
estrellaSMC
Gifted

Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!Gypsy is not just visiting!

April is also ****** Violence Awareness month and the color for that is teal. It's not an illness, but it is a serious thing that people need to be aware of.

Also, for the autism awareness pet, there are also green puzzle pieces in the logo as well as red, yellow, and blue. So maybe the autism awareness pet could have some green puzzle pieces as well as red and yellow on the blue background.

Also, I personally would love to see pets other than dogs for some of these awareness pets. I'm thinking maybe a combination of cats, dogs, birds, and fish. Since there is a book out there called 'all cats have Asperger's' and Asperger's is on the autism spectrum, maybe the autism awareness pet could be a cat.
Gypsy is offline Female
Old 05-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #77
horan's bed
Gift Guru

stormypanda is sweet stuff
stormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuff

Great idea Jenn.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #78
ho Knew?

cg7gg is sweet stuff
cg7gg is sweet stuffcg7gg is sweet stuffcg7gg is sweet stuffcg7gg is sweet stuffcg7gg is sweet stuffcg7gg is sweet stuff

Great Idea! I fully support!
cg7gg is offline Male
Old 05-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #79
TheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guide

Looks like Kidney Cancer is actually orange in March? xD I always thought it was green in August...
TheFlamedance is offline Female
Old 05-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #80
ill be loved
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by zacspet
I support! these pets are really cute :].
Thanks!
View Post Originally Posted by Gypsy
April is also ****** Violence Awareness month and the color for that is teal. It's not an illness, but it is a serious thing that people need to be aware of.

Also, for the autism awareness pet, there are also green puzzle pieces in the logo as well as red, yellow, and blue. So maybe the autism awareness pet could have some green puzzle pieces as well as red and yellow on the blue background.

Also, I personally would love to see pets other than dogs for some of these awareness pets. I'm thinking maybe a combination of cats, dogs, birds, and fish. Since there is a book out there called 'all cats have Asperger's' and Asperger's is on the autism spectrum, maybe the autism awareness pet could be a cat.
That's very interesting, thanks! But I don't think GANZ would make a pet for that... xP
View Post Originally Posted by stormypanda
Great idea Jenn.
View Post Originally Posted by cg7gg
Great Idea! I fully support!
View Post Originally Posted by TheFlamedance
Looks like Kidney Cancer is actually orange in March? xD I always thought it was green in August...

Thanks for supporting
@TFD- I thought orange was Leukemia LOL
Closed

Tags
cg7gg loves this idea!, cg7gg supports!, jellydonut!, my h.e.a.r.t will go on, supporter here, tigerdove supports, you are beautiful!