Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #21
Is Back!
Gifted

Jumping Wizard is a forum hero
Jumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum hero

Default Re: In-Game Arcade Ads - They Need to Stop!

View Post Originally Posted by AuntietoEW
Hi everyone,
This is a huge problem that will cause Ganz to lose WW members. I do believe that the "random logout" problem is caused by the advertisements. That makes it the same issue, not another one.

This problem started for many members at the same time as the animated ads. The "random logout" problem started for me when there were more animated and video ads added to WW in the last couple weeks.

The problem is so bad that it is always hard to login on the very first page. The login boxes do not seem to be active until after the ad or ads run. Then alot of keyboard pounding is required until the login box shows any typed letters and is ready to accept. How does Ganz expect that the children will figure this out? My godchildren are the reason that I started my own Webkinz account and joined Webkinz Insider.

Ganz needs to hear from anyone who has a concern. You can either call them on the phone or use the "contact us" section in WW. Every person who calls means that there are at least ten who do not have the time to do it. "The squeaky wheel gets the oil".

Auntie
Very well written! I do recommend people complain to them so that they know it's a problem.

Thanks for the response! You hit the nail on the head.

JW
View Post Originally Posted by catzrock
I had no idea that there are now in-game ads. Remove them Ganz! Please!!
Yes, they are VERY annoying!

JW
Jumping Wizard is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #22
ants a REAL peacock!
Webkinz :)

Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!

Jumping Wizard, I posted the answer to your question on your page but I will post it here too. The Ad Block Plus DOES block ads like Hop, but you can turn off the blocker, log in, click your ad, and turn the blocker right back on. Let me know how this works out for you!
Hibiscus is offline Female
Old 04-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #23
Is Back!
Gifted

Jumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by Hibiscus
Jumping Wizard, I posted the answer to your question on your page but I will post it here too. The Ad Block Plus DOES block ads like Hop, but you can turn off the blocker, log in, click your ad, and turn the blocker right back on. Let me know how this works out for you!
Okay, Hibiscus...you are a saint. I just installed it and it's taking less than 5 seconds to load each WI page, where it used to take at least 15. That is seriously amazing.

Thanks so much for sharing this with me! I'm off to see how well it works on WW!

Thanks!

JW
Old 04-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #24
ants a REAL peacock!

Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!

Don't thank me, thank my friend Denise. She is the one who talked me into installing it. She is never wrong.
Hibiscus is offline Female
Old 04-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #25
Is Back!
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Hibiscus
Don't thank me, thank my friend Denise. She is the one who talked me into installing it. She is never wrong.
Thank you Denise!

JW
Old 04-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #26

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

I hate it! Dont have moving ads to distract us ganz!
tarabella9 is offline Female
Old 04-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #27
Is Back!
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by tarabella9
I hate it! Dont have moving ads to distract us ganz!
I agree! They're distracting, they slow the game down, and is anyone really looking at them while playing a game?

JW
Old 04-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #28
I'm Ashlyn (:

starbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshine
starbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshine

I was thinking the same thing. It makes my computer slow down so much too!
starbucksfun is offline Female
Old 04-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #29
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Bookworm255
I agree. I especially dislike the moving ads inside of games. They are distracting and slow the whole thing down. I think ads outside of games are fine, but I don't care for the ones inside games.
Agreed.
I was playing a game the other day (I don't remember which game, but it was a timed game. Webkinz Rally maybe?), and the Hoodwinked animated ad showed up, and caused it to freeze a little bit, so I ended up losing.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 04-22-2011, 07:59 AM   #30

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

Place your Webkinz window on the right side of the screen, so the ad is cut off by the screen edge. Or (only works with some browsers, like Firefox) make your Webkinz window smaller by dragging the right edge to the left, until the ad disappears. Problem solved.
Closed