Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #11
Gratefully
Gifted

WillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all around

Default Re: In-Game Arcade Ads - They Need to Stop!

A major drawback for gamers. I hope Ganz pays attention to WI threads and opinions as this problem requires immediate attention and resolution. Thanks for posting.
WillWork4KC is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #12
Gifted

98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!98violet is not just visiting!

I agree with you! It is quite frustrating. Also being logged out in the middle of a game is frustrating but that's another issue.

Last edited by 98violet; 04-19-2011 at 08:21 PM..
98violet is offline Female
Old 04-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #13
Is Back!
Gifted

Jumping Wizard is a forum hero
Jumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by WillWork4KC
A major drawback for gamers. I hope Ganz pays attention to WI threads and opinions as this problem requires immediate attention and resolution. Thanks for posting.
I hope they do too! If this could be fixed I would be so happy!

Thanks for your input!
View Post Originally Posted by 98violet
I agree with you! It is quite frustrating. Also being logged out in the middle of a game is frustrating but that's another issue.
LOL, the thing that really gets me mad is when I finish the game and it logs me out without giving me KC.

JW
Jumping Wizard is offline Male
Old 04-19-2011, 10:54 PM   #14
ants a REAL peacock!
Webkinz :)

Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!Hibiscus is headed for the top!

Jumping Wizard, do you use Mozilla Firefox as your browser? If you do, get an extension called "Ad Block Plus" and you will never see those ads again. And if the ads are blocked, you won't lose games any more.
Hibiscus is offline Female
Old 04-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #15
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

jump, it is not only while playing a game. i just went this morning to do my gardening and besdies the ads switching as they do (which makes gardening a disaster)......i was in ff and the ad wouldn't load and adobe crashed on me while it was trying to read the ad.

i totally agree. i know they want to spruce up the site, but this is getting frustrating.
miss spots is offline Female
Old 04-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #16
Is Back!
Gifted

Jumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by Hibiscus
Jumping Wizard, do you use Mozilla Firefox as your browser? If you do, get an extension called "Ad Block Plus" and you will never see those ads again. And if the ads are blocked, you won't lose games any more.
Yes I do. That would be really helpful, but does that also block things like the "Click to Win" Ads such as the Hop commercials and the Snow White promotion a while back? So would you suggest turning it back on for those special promotions?

Thank you so much for the advice! I will be super excited if it works!

JW
View Post Originally Posted by miss spots
jump, it is not only while playing a game. i just went this morning to do my gardening and besdies the ads switching as they do (which makes gardening a disaster)......i was in ff and the ad wouldn't load and adobe crashed on me while it was trying to read the ad.

i totally agree. i know they want to spruce up the site, but this is getting frustrating.
Yes, I think it's hard on all parts of WW! What's really bad, I think, as you mentioned, is when they switch. When they stay stationary it doesn't seem to bad, but when they switch it's 3-5 seconds of torture

Also, it crashes on me all the time too! It used to be only on the style job at the Kinzville Academy, but now it's other places too!

JW
Old 04-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #17
Charizard is happily
Gifted

YOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicness
YOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicnessYOMCNUGGET is epic beyond epicness

I agree completely!! When the ads switch, it not only causes lag, but also creates a distraction to certain players such as myself. Webkinz would run way faster if they didn't switch the ads so much or perhaps not at all.
YOMCNUGGET is offline Female
Old 04-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #18
Is Back!
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by YOMCNUGGET
I agree completely!! When the ads switch, it not only causes lag, but also creates a distraction to certain players such as myself. Webkinz would run way faster if they didn't switch the ads so much or perhaps not at all.
I'd prefer not at all but I agree!

JW
Old 04-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #19
Favorite wackyauntie
Gifted

AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness
AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by 98violet
Hi everyone,
This is a huge problem that will cause Ganz to lose WW members. I do believe that the "random logout" problem is caused by the advertisements. That makes it the same issue, not another one.

This problem started for many members at the same time as the animated ads. The "random logout" problem started for me when there were more animated and video ads added to WW in the last couple weeks.

The problem is so bad that it is always hard to login on the very first page. The login boxes do not seem to be active until after the ad or ads run. Then alot of keyboard pounding is required until the login box shows any typed letters and is ready to accept. How does Ganz expect that the children will figure this out? My godchildren are the reason that I started my own Webkinz account and joined Webkinz Insider.

Ganz needs to hear from anyone who has a concern. You can either call them on the phone or use the "contact us" section in WW. Every person who calls means that there are at least ten who do not have the time to do it. "The squeaky wheel gets the oil".

Auntie
AuntietoEW is offline Female
Old 04-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #20
Gift Guru

catzrock has disabled reputation

I had no idea that there are now in-game ads. Remove them Ganz! Please!!
catzrock is offline Female
Closed