Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Is Back!
Gifted

Jumping Wizard is a forum hero
Jumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum hero

Default In-Game Arcade Ads - They Need to Stop!

Hello everyone!

I've gotten so frustrated after trying to win a few trophies today that I had to vent to someone.

Does anyone else feel that the ads that show up in the arcade games are totally unnecessary? I played both Polarberry Jam and Zacky's Quest today, and in both of them I lost multiple lives due to ads switching in the middle of my game. It has to be about once a minute, maybe every other minute. How frustrating!

The ads are totally pointless because who's going to be paying attention to them while playing a game? I completely and totally understand ads outside of arcade games, as they are likely a big money maker for Ganz, advertising other Ganz products and outside endorsements. However, I strongly feel that the arcade in-game ads need to be removed. This change would speed up the game and the site in general.

Thanks for reading! Any feedback, positive or negative, would be appreciated!

JW
Jumping Wizard is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
Peter Capaldi
Gift Guru

sarahgotchi knows the way
sarahgotchi knows the waysarahgotchi knows the way

Default Re: In-Game Arcade Ads - They Need to Stop!

May I ask how the ads caused you to lose a life? That confused me, LOL.
Blessings,
Sarah
sarahgotchi is offline Female
Old 04-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
Gift Guru

Bookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
Bookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

I agree. I especially dislike the moving ads inside of games. They are distracting and slow the whole thing down. I think ads outside of games are fine, but I don't care for the ones inside games.
Bookworm255 is offline Male
Old 04-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #4

AwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forum
AwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forum

I agree!
AwesomeDude is offline Male
Old 04-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
Is Back!
Gifted

Jumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by sarahgotchi
Blessings,
Sarah
LOL, it's okay

When one ad changes to another, it takes a 5ish second "pause", and in this pause I'm usually sitting on a log that knocks me off or a shell that sinks. Just my luck

JW
View Post Originally Posted by Bookworm255
I agree. I especially dislike the moving ads inside of games. They are distracting and slow the whole thing down. I think ads outside of games are fine, but I don't care for the ones inside games.
Yes! I think their site would run much better without so much going on
View Post Originally Posted by AwesomeDude
I agree!
Thanks!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #6

AwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forum
AwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forum

View Post Originally Posted by sarahgotchi
Blessings,
Sarah
When the ads change, it causes the screen to freeze up. Usually, after the ad changes everything that would've happened during that time it was frozen suddenly happens very quickly and you could lose lives because the enemies could've come at you during that pause, and because it's stuck or really slow, you can't move.

Last edited by AwesomeDude; 04-19-2011 at 05:56 PM..
AwesomeDude is offline Male
Old 04-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #7
Peter Capaldi
Gift Guru

sarahgotchi knows the way
sarahgotchi knows the waysarahgotchi knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Jumping Wizard
LOL, it's okay

When one ad changes to another, it takes a 5ish second "pause", and in this pause I'm usually sitting on a log that knocks me off or a shell that sinks. Just my luck
Oooohhhh. Thanks for explaining that. Ganz should certainly do something about this!
Blessings,
Sarah
sarahgotchi is offline Female
Old 04-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #8
Is Back!
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by AwesomeDude
When the ads change, it causes the screen to freeze up. Usually, after the ad changes everything that would've happened during that time it was frozen suddenly happens very quickly and you could lose lives. I'm not sure if I'm wording this right, but I hope it helps!
Yes, that's what I meant. It's very frustrating!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #9
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

I know what you mean! I kept getting that Hoodwinked ad during games, like Picnic, and it messes up my path and I go off of the mat. It is most definitely frustrating! It slows us down and makes us get messed up.

And you're SO right. No one even looks at the ads during games.
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 04-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #10
Is Back!
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Emma8432
I know what you mean! I kept getting that Hoodwinked ad during games, like Picnic, and it messes up my path and I go off of the mat. It is most definitely frustrating! It slows us down and makes us get messed up.

And you're SO right. No one even looks at the ads during games.
Thank you! The Hoodwinked one is definitely the worst of them all because it is animated...that in and of itself takes a while to load, not to mention the game going on!

JW
View Post Originally Posted by Goldendoodle
I agree 110%! That new Hoodwinked trailer is very distracting and takes a lot of time to load, not very good when you're trying to play a game.
Yes, I know! That one is definitely the worst; however, I see 5 to 10 different ads per game.

JW
Closed