Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Aiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond repute

Exclamation Flashing Light or Movement

I am thinking for Goober, Dug and Mr. Moo all needing movement or flash for let know arrive. I learn read goober thread for track make sound pop in room. I not know this!

I learn today that friends sign on you hearing people get some yahoo for knowing friend play WW. I not know this!

What other sound have? I think more needing help let Deaf know what happening!

What you thinking about my propose?
Click the image to open in full size.
Aiorna is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
Likes Art
Gift Guru

Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!

Default Re: Flashing Light or Movement

I am not sure how they would do that but it is a good idea. Movement catches the attention best, even for hearing people. I learned that in my cognitive psychology class.

Your idea reminds me of how on the swim team we would get a loud beep at the start, but my friend Chelsea was deaf so it didnt work the same for her. The machine that made the beep for the rest of us also had a bright light on top that would flash at the start, and since light travels faster than sound Chelsea would get a tiny headstart! lol not really, the difference is microseconds.

Last edited by Wuzzle; 04-25-2010 at 03:15 PM..
Wuzzle is offline Female
Old 04-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #3

Aiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond reputeAiorna has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. I never knowing that flash light swim team. They use flag show me start gym class. Deaf school football team big drum BOOM snap ball. School flash light for fire drill. Teacher or friend tap me for ring bell go other class.

Webkinz need more help for DEAF. Maybe I only Deaf on WW?
Aiorna is offline Female
Old 04-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

That's an interesting suggestion. I'm not sure how Ganz would make it work though.

My cousin played football in college, and there was a player who was deaf with him on the offensive line. If the Quarterback called a change in play, that guy couldn't hear it. So, they worked out a system where my cousin, who was the Center, would make a hand signal before he hiked the ball. That way, everyone (hopefully) knew what play to run.
FIA is offline Female
Old 04-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #5
Likes Art
Gift Guru

Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Aiorna
Wow. I never knowing that flash light swim team. They use flag show me start gym class. Deaf school football team big drum BOOM snap ball. School flash light for fire drill. Teacher or friend tap me for ring bell go other class.

Webkinz need more help for DEAF. Maybe I only Deaf on WW?
Nah you cant possibly be the only deaf person in WW! heh
Wuzzle is offline Female
Old 04-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Hi!!! For the longest time my computer did not have any sound. So all of my Webbies were non hearing. I could not hear any sounds. I managed to look for movements to give me a clue that there was a leprechaun in the room. (for example)

There are many people with computers with no sound.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 04-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #7
Obsessed with

nuttienetz is just really nicenuttienetz is just really nice

Excellent idea. Thanks for suggesting this. I am not deaf, but heaing impaired. I can turn the sound up to hear Goober. My family can hear it in the other rooms.

Last edited by nuttienetz; 04-25-2010 at 04:14 PM..
nuttienetz is offline Female
Old 04-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
babyleebo is finally
Gift Guru

DebbieFaye has a reputation beyond reputeDebbieFaye has a reputation beyond reputeDebbieFaye has a reputation beyond reputeDebbieFaye has a reputation beyond reputeDebbieFaye has a reputation beyond reputeDebbieFaye has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

I think it would be a great idea for Ganz to include an aide for deaf people. My grandaughter has hearing aides, without them, she is almost deaf. Ganz needs to be more conciencious of people with special needs.
DebbieFaye is offline Female
Old 04-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #9
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

I think as Ganz evolves there are many things they could do to enhance the site for everyone of varying needs. They've come a long way since the inception of Webkinz, they can only keep improving
kayembee is offline Female
Old 04-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

I'm sorry to be the burster of bubbles here, but...

A lot of times, I'll have the sound off on my computer, and I can find them just fine.

With Goober, he's standing upright, and he's fairly tall, and he's a giant St. Bernard with a crazy outfit on. Plus, I think he has a little speech bubble above him saying something when he comes into the room.

With Mr. Moo... he doesn't make a sound, actually.

With Dug, like Goober, he's a giant dog with a crazy outfit on. He doesn't make any sound that I know of, either.

And, with the Leprechaun, after he had been in the room for about 30 seconds, he would start dancing around.

Sorry once again to burst your bubble, but I don't really see how you can't see these characters. They are giant, upright Webkinz in crazy outfits. In my opinion, I don't think they need flashing (strobe lights can hurt my eyes sometimes, and I know some people have epilepsy, which means that flashing lights can really do super-bad things to them) or any more movement.

*shields self from negative comments coming my way*

Last edited by b1uski3sxox; 04-25-2010 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: typo
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Closed