Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

Faunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forum
Faunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forum

Default Edit Pet Names

Recently I’ve just had my first experience over many years of playing Webkinz, where I accidentally put the code in both the code spot AND the name blank.
What I’d love to see - especially for those who give a pet the same name as another, make a spelling error or anything like that - is a self-edit system. The censors would still hold, just in a more personal setting.
This would make it less frustrating all around since names are no longer allowed to be changed by the Ganz customer service except in two specific situations - and in my experience one of them takes some time to even get THAT done.
I am aware they’re likely extremely busy, which is partly why I’d like to see a self-help system in place for the probably millions of players.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #2

outgoinglyshy defies all odds
outgoinglyshy defies all oddsoutgoinglyshy defies all oddsoutgoinglyshy defies all oddsoutgoinglyshy defies all oddsoutgoinglyshy defies all oddsoutgoinglyshy defies all oddsoutgoinglyshy defies all oddsoutgoinglyshy defies all oddsoutgoinglyshy defies all oddsoutgoinglyshy defies all oddsoutgoinglyshy defies all oddsoutgoinglyshy defies all oddsoutgoinglyshy defies all oddsoutgoinglyshy defies all odds

Default Re: Edit Pet Names

I think that's a great idea. I have a pet with a misspelled name because a computer key wasn't working so a letter was left out. It drives me crazy. I would love to be able to fix that. Maybe you could mention it to Sally Webkinz. Do you have facebook? I hear that you can talk to her there. It can't hurt to ask.
outgoinglyshy is offline Female
Old 11-20-2018, 06:13 PM   #3

Faunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forumFaunalover rocks the forum

Angry Re: Edit Pet Names

View Post Originally Posted by outgoinglyshy
I think that's a great idea. I have a pet with a misspelled name because a computer key wasn't working so a letter was left out. It drives me crazy. I would love to be able to fix that. Maybe you could mention it to Sally Webkinz. Do you have facebook? I hear that you can talk to her there. It can't hurt to ask.
Ooh, that would make me crazy!

I really don’t go on Facebook, but you can say something if you’re able!
Old 11-20-2018, 11:58 PM   #4
dammo14 is not just visiting!dammo14 is not just visiting!dammo14 is not just visiting!dammo14 is not just visiting!dammo14 is not just visiting!dammo14 is not just visiting!dammo14 is not just visiting!dammo14 is not just visiting!dammo14 is not just visiting!dammo14 is not just visiting!dammo14 is not just visiting!

Faunalover: I did that once, I called GANZ and explained what I did, and I WAS allowed to correct my pets name.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.
dammo14 is offline Female
Old 11-21-2018, 02:10 AM   #5

View Post Originally Posted by dammo14
Faunalover: I did that once, I called GANZ and explained what I did, and I WAS allowed to correct my pets name.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.
In my case it will still be allowed because the code was made the name by mistake.

Years ago, names were allowed to be changed in general, but that stopped when Ganz customer support switched to email only, aside from Estore support.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:34 AM   #6
mom of 2 wackyteens!

mom of 2 teens has a star on the WI Walk of Famemom of 2 teens has a star on the WI Walk of Fame
mom of 2 teens has a star on the WI Walk of Famemom of 2 teens has a star on the WI Walk of Famemom of 2 teens has a star on the WI Walk of Famemom of 2 teens has a star on the WI Walk of Famemom of 2 teens has a star on the WI Walk of Famemom of 2 teens has a star on the WI Walk of Famemom of 2 teens has a star on the WI Walk of Fame

View Post Originally Posted by outgoinglyshy
outgoing That happed to me that's why I have a new keyboard. It is driving me crazy I named my dragon Aurora but the u was giving me trouble and I did not catch until my finger made contact with the submit button. Now she is Arora and does not get much social time in the clubhouse or park poor baby.

So if anyone does get to fix the name please let us know and how to go about it.
mom of 2 teens is offline Female
Old 11-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #7
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by mom of 2 teens
outgoing That happed to me that's why I have a new keyboard. It is driving me crazy I named my dragon Aurora but the u was giving me trouble and I did not catch until my finger made contact with the submit button. Now she is Arora and does not get much social time in the clubhouse or park poor baby.

So if anyone does get to fix the name please let us know and how to go about it.
I agree it would be nice to at least correct a spelling error. I wasn't paying enough attention and now have a pet named Tmothy. I was really kicking myself especially because I was naming pets for the NCIS series. But Tmothy doesn't go anywhere someone can see that name.

I was forced to name one chipmunk Symon because the editing rules at the time would not allow Simon for some reason I couldn't fathom.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 11-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #8

View Post Originally Posted by marnabear
I agree it would be nice to at least correct a spelling error. I wasn't paying enough attention and now have a pet named Tmothy. I was really kicking myself especially because I was naming pets for the NCIS series. But Tmothy doesn't go anywhere someone can see that name.

I was forced to name one chipmunk Symon because the editing rules at the time would not allow Simon for some reason I couldn't fathom.
I know, it’s frustrating.
It’s gotten to the point where if, on the random chance this happens, I simply don’t sign that pet in. I wait a year or two and try again to see if the censor still has the glitch.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:12 PM   #9
Go XYZ!

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Faunalover
Recently I’ve just had my first experience over many years of playing Webkinz, where I accidentally put the code in both the code spot AND the name blank.
What I’d love to see - especially for those who give a pet the same name as another, make a spelling error or anything like that - is a self-edit system. The censors would still hold, just in a more personal setting.
This would make it less frustrating all around since names are no longer allowed to be changed by the Ganz customer service except in two specific situations - and in my experience one of them takes some time to even get THAT done.
I am aware they’re likely extremely busy, which is partly why I’d like to see a self-help system in place for the probably millions of players.
\

Love, Love, Love this idea!

It drives me crazy that two of mine are misspelled because I like correct spelling!
Queen of Sheba is offline Female
Old 11-21-2018, 01:59 PM   #10

View Post Originally Posted by Queen of Sheba
\

Love, Love, Love this idea!

It drives me crazy that two of mine are misspelled because I like correct spelling!
I also have like two sets of pets given the same name by accident, so I’d looove to switch those out too.
Closed