Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

Default An easier way for younger kids to navigate the daily/hourly activities...

My youngest kids have a hard time (reading) navigating the hourly/daily activities. So, I thought it would be fun to have a physical object in the pet's room to click on that would bring the player to the activity.

Like the Arcade Exclusive for example, instead it lighting up, why not make it something that brings you to the Arcade. So jumping off that idea, a wheel of wow, that when clicked on the WoW screen appears.. A special Wishing Well kept in room, to do the 5 daily wishes. Or simply an "Hourly Activity Center" Where depending on the hour the activity it brings you to changes. This would be the easiest and fun piece of furniture to use to decorate with!

If these things dont' strike your fancy, then how about a quick button near the dock?

There are little symbols on the "things to do" menu that help the kids visually but the Daily and hourly menus are just harder for the younger users to navigate. And, they do enjoy Webkinz World, the WebkinzJR site was a flop for us. We managed to log in a total of 6 times and didn't find the site satisfactory.

cheers
Exo

Last edited by EXOTERIC; 11-09-2010 at 03:02 PM..
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: An easier way for younger kids to navigate the daily/hourly activities...

That is a great idea EXO!

I do dailies every day and I have trouble remembering all of them. I have to do them in the same order every day. If I get interrupted or something new is added, I am in deep trouble!
Old 11-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

Default Re: An easier way for younger kids to navigate the daily/hourly activities...

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
That is a great idea EXO!

I do dailies every day and I have trouble remembering all of them. I have to do them in the same order every day. If I get interrupted or something new is added, I am in deep trouble!
Thanks canonymous - you think so?! - - I too lose track of things LOL especially when the routine changes. I think it would be a useful item for young and old alike. The thing I forgot to mention is...it goes like this..Jumbleberry..back to the arcade, select things to do menu, select daily/hourly, select next activity, this repeats for WoW and WW2. Not to mention sometimes it doesn't load properly, it would be nice to have an alternative way to access those hourly/dailies.
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 11-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by EXOTERIC
Thanks canonymous - you think so?! - - I too lose track of things LOL especially when the routine changes. I think it would be a useful item for young and old alike. The thing I forgot to mention is...it goes like this..Jumbleberry..back to the arcade, select things to do menu, select daily/hourly, select next activity, this repeats for WoW and WW2. Not to mention sometimes it doesn't load properly, it would be nice to have an alternative way to access those hourly/dailies.
I agree. If you follow the list, you are all over the place. Then sometimes you have to go back and OH YEAH! gotta go to the room to do my gardening!
Old 11-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #5
Webkinz :)

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

I *love* the idea of having a physical item(s) in the room link to the Arcade or even to individual games. Rep!
Old 11-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
Pokemon time!
Webkinz :)

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

I support.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:13 PM   #7
Gifted

FROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonderFROGPRINCESS27 wows us all with wonder

great ideal i support
FROGPRINCESS27 is offline Female
Closed