Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 05:38 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

dstephenson22 is on a distinguished road

Donation Award 
Default Re: E-Store-Why I dislike it

Hi, I felt the way you do at first when I saw that the e-store was selling virtual items for real money, but then I thought people spend so much money just playing all kinds of games on-line and the e-store and Webkinz is just entertainment just like that. I wasn't going to buy from the e-store at first, but I have now and then. I know there is probably better ways I could spend my time, but I enjoy it and its relaxing after working all day.
dstephenson22 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2008, 07:15 AM   #12

monkeysgirl can ride a flying orange
monkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orange

i think it just should cost webkinz money
monkeysgirl is offline Female
Old 10-29-2008, 07:21 AM   #13

6nala is on a distinguished road

I have bought some items, but the pets are a little pricey without receiving a plush. For $0.50 to $1.00 more, I can buy a webkinz animal and code.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #14
mylittleoneszkk is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been tempted to buy at the e-store, but just can't bring myself to do it yet. If I spend that much money, I want something in my hand instead of just on the computer. It's one thing to buy a game that I can play on line but another to buy one small item that I won't be playing with that much. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.
mylittleoneszkk is offline Female
Old 10-29-2008, 07:31 AM   #15
I <33 you

gracie503 is a jewel in the roughgracie503 is a jewel in the rough

I like the e-store. I do agree with you about the items, but where I live, if the Floral Fox came out the only place that would have it would be Limited Too. At Limited Too, the Webkinz are $16.75. So, I think that 12.50 is a reasonable price. I think that the reason that Ganz is doing this is for these three reasons. 1: Ganz is doing this so people in other countries can have the oportunity to purchase Webkinz. 2: They e-pets are so unique and special that stores would probably run out and costomers would be unsatisfied. 3: The e-pets are so unique that it would be too expensive for Ganz to try to make. They would be loosing more than they were earning. Like the Whimsy Dragon, they shiny material was too expensive. So take the Floral Fox. In order to make a plushie, they would have to sew fake flowers all over them, and it just wouldn't make much profit.
gracie503 is offline Female
Old 10-29-2008, 07:32 AM   #16
mylittleoneszkk is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm also in agreement with monkeysgirl.
mylittleoneszkk is offline Female
Old 10-29-2008, 07:46 AM   #17

Jayne will become famous soon enough

If I can't spend my hard earned KC on items then there is no reason to play on Webkinz World anymore...
Jayne is offline Female
Old 10-29-2008, 08:56 AM   #18
momtofaye is a name known to allmomtofaye is a name known to allmomtofaye is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Jayne
If I can't spend my hard earned KC on items then there is no reason to play on Webkinz World anymore...
There are still tons of reasons to play on WW ~ things you can spend KC on, that won't change.

View Post Originally Posted by gracie503
I like the e-store. I do agree with you about the items, but where I live, if the Floral Fox came out the only place that would have it would be Limited Too. At Limited Too, the Webkinz are $16.75. So, I think that 12.50 is a reasonable price. I think that the reason that Ganz is doing this is for these three reasons. 1: Ganz is doing this so people in other countries can have the oportunity to purchase Webkinz. 2: They e-pets are so unique and special that stores would probably run out and costomers would be unsatisfied. 3: The e-pets are so unique that it would be too expensive for Ganz to try to make. They would be loosing more than they were earning. Like the Whimsy Dragon, they shiny material was too expensive. So take the Floral Fox. In order to make a plushie, they would have to sew fake flowers all over them, and it just wouldn't make much profit.
I don't think the pets being hard to make is really the reason Ganz has the estore. Plain and simple, it is a way for them to make a lot of money. They found a gold mine and are using it to their best advantage. Pets are only a few of the things available in the estore --- many of the other virtual items could have been introduced into the WShop or into the Curio Shop as new rare (no theme) items. Having the charms in the estore saves them from having to manufacture, warehouse, package and ship and you still get access to the Charm Forest. (Plus the old charms had lead in them, so they were hazardous.)

One advantage of the estore, is that, like you, many people live in areas (small towns, etc) where they don't have access to the plush pets...they must order them online instead. Having pets in the estore gives those people an opportunity to have some new pets, as well. Also, some people have so many plush pets that they don't have room for them or have even donated them to charity to free up space in their house. Some of these people like getting a cute new pet without having the plush to dispose of.

View Post Originally Posted by dstephenson22
Hi, I felt the way you do at first when I saw that the e-store was selling virtual items for real money, but then I thought people spend so much money just playing all kinds of games on-line and the e-store and Webkinz is just entertainment just like that. I wasn't going to buy from the e-store at first, but I have now and then. I know there is probably better ways I could spend my time, but I enjoy it and its relaxing after working all day.
Good point! People spend all kinds of money on intangible items...this is just another one. The bottom line is, if you don't like the estore, don't buy from it. If you do, great, enjoy it!

View Post Originally Posted by GymnastGirl724
Um, thanks for the thought, and I do agree, but is it worth a thread just to say that?
There are several threads about disliking the estore, and everyone has the right to start a thread voicing their opinion (though you should do a search first to see if a thread is already available to you). That is part of what makes WI so wonderful...people can say what's on their mind and others can chime in or disagree. It's a great way to get feedback.

View Post Originally Posted by monkeysgirl
I simply dislike the E store for webkinz.
1. It cost REAL MONEY
2.IDK
Yes, it does cost real money ~ real money that Ganz wants to increase their profits. And if you don't care, simply don't go into the estore. It's not mandatory and you can still have plenty of fun on WW without the estore.
momtofaye is offline Female
Old 10-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #19

Jayne will become famous soon enough

All my rooms are done...except for the Aztec room...
Jayne is offline Female
Old 10-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #20
LikeRain

LikeRain is a glorious beacon of lightLikeRain is a glorious beacon of lightLikeRain is a glorious beacon of light

Donation Award 

I'm apprehensive that some of the virtual items cost so much. But I think the pets are great! I guess just because I'm an adult Webkinz player, and I don't use the plush animals for anything, anyway, it's perfect for me. I also think that with virtual-only pets, the sky is the limit! Without having to make a matching plush, the pets will probably become more and more amazing. I'm really looking forward to see how much they push the creativity on those.
Closed