Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 03:28 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

Rareone is on a distinguished road

Default E-Store items tradeable - after certain amount of time

I understand why Ganz does not want E-Store items tradeable, but what if you could trade them after owning them for a year or something? I know plenty of cases where one sibling would love to pass on an item to another sibling when they are done with it (or whomever to whomever), and it seems such a waste to have to just lose it if you close that account.

So how about a time frame, or a certain trigger that eventually makes it tradeable? Please think about it, I know I would buy MANY more items if I could pass them on at some point. As the buyer of items in our family, I stop myself from buying lots of items every time I remind myself I can't pass it on to one of my kids, or one of the many family members that play, at a later date.
Just thinkin...
Rareone is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
LittleHattie has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: E-Store items tradeable - after certain amount of time

View Post Originally Posted by Rareone
I understand why Ganz does not want E-Store items tradeable,

You do?
Because i do not

Please think about it, I know I would buy MANY more items if I could pass them on at some point. As the buyer of items in our family, I stop myself from buying lots of items every time I remind myself I can't pass it on to one of my kids, or one of the many family members that play, at a later date.
Just thinkin...
i agree i do not buy e store because i can not trade them.
I am very sad that i can not trade carrying valley trees because i can not trade them ( i have all but a few first ones and because i can not trade them i can not get the missing ones)
So i believe Ganz is loosing many customers because of that

Not to mention they are terribly overpriced . if compere how mush does it cost to produce virtual toy and real toy i see no justification for E store prarises . The only overhead they have it is designing and programming the thing. And thet is not a rocet science

Last edited by LittleHattie; 04-12-2010 at 07:59 AM..
LittleHattie is offline Female
Old 04-12-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
ho is Tinker?
Gifted

florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!

I agree - it would be nice to be able to KP or trade them. Sometimes I buy an item and I just don't like it - what to do with it? I can't return it to the store!!
florida is offline Female
Old 04-12-2010, 07:52 AM   #4
Diabetes Awareness

Joani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonder

I think the only problem with making estore tradable is this. I know as a parent I would be pretty upset if I spent real money on an item and one of my kids traded that item away in the trading room.
Joani is offline Female
Old 04-12-2010, 08:07 AM   #5
LittleHattie has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by Joani
I think the only problem with making estore tradable is this. I know as a parent I would be pretty upset if I spent real money on an item and one of my kids traded that item away in the trading room.
That is true but we do buy kinz stile and other tings with real money just so we can trade. if they would made is less expensive, kid trading away e store item would not be such a big deal . After all kids do tread away signature PSI . , Yes he still has a plush but really...
LittleHattie is offline Female
Old 04-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #6

Some additions / clarifications:

#1 - In response to LittleHattis and why Ganz does not allow trading of E-Store items; in my opinion they feel there would be lots of people that would buy the items, then sell them for profit and complete the purchase via trade. Unfortunately they are probably very correct, as there are many people that buy the codes and sell them for profit as it is, even though it's against the rules, but they are somewhat slowed by having to "deliver" the codes vs. being able to do all of this via trading (I could be wrong, or partially right, and would love any response from a Ganz rep as to the actual reason(s)). This is why I think if there were a trigger/waiting period it could help with stopping people from just buying them for profit.
Also, I no longer buy e-store items other than pets because you can trade the PSI's for those. The more I thought about being stuck with the items, unlike all other items i.e., KinzStyle, PSI's, etc., the more I didn't want to waste my money. Though there are many items I would buy if I could trade them. Hmmmm, maybe I don't want this after all, I would end up spending too much, lol!

#2 - Joani has a good point, as a mom I too would be worried about my kids trading these items, however at our house we have some rules in place that my kids follow quite well. They are not allowed to trade anything that I have not approved, and since family comes first, we all get first dibs of each others items, so we must trade amongst ourselves first

Thanks for the responses & thoughts!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #7
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

I think you have a good point Rareone. I don't prefer eStore because i can't move the item from even one of mt OWN accounts to another.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:29 AM   #8
The GTS Works!

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree as well. I do not buy anything from eStore except an occasional pet or a charm or something. I do not buy the items at all since I cannot trade them and have no use for things just sitting on my account if I decide I don't want it anymore. If they were tradeable or kinzpostable, that would be better, since you could get rid of it if you no longer wanted it. I agree with LittleHattie, too, about the Caring Valley trees--there's no way to get them if you missed them since they aren't tradeable.

As for kids trading stuff away--I personally wouldn't buy it for my kids. I'd buy it for me! LOL! If I did buy my kids something and was worried about trading, we have the same family policy in place--no trading without approval, and family members get first dibs.
MamaDragon3 is offline Female
Old 04-13-2010, 02:54 AM   #9
crosses
Gift Guru

crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
I think you have a good point Rareone. I don't prefer eStore because i can't move the item from even one of mt OWN accounts to another.
This is my problem!!! I have a bunch of codes that I've never entered because I can't decide which of my 5 accounts I want them in and I know I can't move them.
crosses is offline Female
Old 04-15-2010, 01:19 AM   #10

Thumbs down Re: E-Store items tradeable - after certain amount of time

View Post Originally Posted by LittleHattie
I am very sad that i can not trade carrying valley trees because i can not trade them ( i have all but a few first ones and because i can not trade them i can not get the missing ones)
So i believe Ganz is loosing many customers because of that
I totally agree with your point here! Maybe you should start a thread for being able to trade CV Trees? I would start one, but it's your idea I would support it though!
Closed