Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 02:46 AM   #1
#merome
Webkinz :)

bunny90210 is an unparalleled talent
bunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talent

Default Do It Yourself Webkinz!

ok so i was thinking, i really love webkinz and all but i need more choices of which kinds i want! has anyone noticed Ganz is going all out with pink stuff lately? i have and i HATE pink. DIY webkinz is exactly like Build A Bears! you create it, stuff it, (possibly) dress it, they give you code and you adopt it! voila! your DIY webkinz is complete! some of you may like this idea and some may not like it as much, this is just my idea though
bunny90210 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2012, 06:22 AM   #2

Dolphinheart is a creator of wonder
Dolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonderDolphinheart is a creator of wonder

Default Re: Do It Yourself Webkinz!

I support!
Dolphinheart is offline Female
Old 02-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
jackb1014

jackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to beholdjackb1014 is a splendid one to behold

I support! I had a thread on the same idea at one time!
jackb1014 is offline Male
Old 02-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #4

dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff
dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff

I don't support for the following reasons:

1. How will Ganz know what our pets will look like online if we create them ourselves?
2. How can they produce codes in advance for Webkinz they have no idea exist because we just created them?
3. If they have pre-set pets we make instead of our own ideas, why don't they just sell them as regular, pre-made Webkinz?
4. Everyone will think Ganz is trying to copy Build-A-Bear.
5. These Webkinz will be more likely to fall apart because they are not machine-sewn.
6. They will cost a lot more, because the store selling them has to pay the employees working at the stuffing machine.
7. Special centres would have to be set up for making/stuffing the Webkinz.

That being said, I agree 100% with you that Ganz needs to cut back on the pink Kinz. Cool idea, but it just wouldn't work and Ganz would never do it.
dragonkid07 is offline Female
Old 02-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
BennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guideBennyBeagle is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by dragonkid07
I don't support for the following reasons:

1. How will Ganz know what our pets will look like online if we create them ourselves?
2. How can they produce codes in advance for Webkinz they have no idea exist because we just created them?
3. If they have pre-set pets we make instead of our own ideas, why don't they just sell them as regular, pre-made Webkinz?
4. Everyone will think Ganz is trying to copy Build-A-Bear.
5. These Webkinz will be more likely to fall apart because they are not machine-sewn.
6. They will cost a lot more, because the store selling them has to pay the employees working at the stuffing machine.
7. Special centres would have to be set up for making/stuffing the Webkinz.

That being said, I agree 100% with you that Ganz needs to cut back on the pink Kinz. Cool idea, but it just wouldn't work and Ganz would never do it.

Exactly what I thought.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
~ wackyfied ~

WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness
WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness

I absolutely LOVE this idea bunny90210; GREAT out of the box creative thinking on your part

Through the years, my own children as well as our Girl Scout Troop have just adored going to Build-A-Bear, why not a make your own webkinz? LOVE your idea
I know there are a ton of positive creative WI members who can put their heads together and arrive at a positive suggestive way for Ganz to tweak your suggestion to possibly make it a reality one day!

Definitely support
WI 50ish is offline Female
Old 02-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #7
#merome

bunny90210 is an unparalleled talent
bunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talentbunny90210 is an unparalleled talent

ok so i thought of the code problem:
there will be a bar code on the tag and they scan the bar code and then, have the tag with that bar code ready! (im smart i know )
bunny90210 is offline Female
Old 02-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #8

dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff
dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff

What do you mean by that? And are you thinking pre-designed Webkinz or start-from-scratch completely up to you Webkinz?
dragonkid07 is offline Female
Old 02-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
Graceon ♥

98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!98otter is not just visiting!

I support! That's would be AWESOME!
98otter is offline Female
Old 02-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
slcoon

slcoon is a name known to allslcoon is a name known to allslcoon is a name known to all

This would be awesome, yes, but Dragonkid makes up very valid points. Build a Bear also already has their own website you can play on (I believe) so it would seem to several people that ganz is indeed copying although I must say, BaB must've copied from ganz
I would think that if this idea will go in motion (probably not though) it would probably be ridiculously expensive because...
a) if you design the webkinz online and ganz makes it, they will have to make it specially so you'd have to pay more
b) if you make it yourself at home (which may be disastorous) you'd probably have to send it or send pictures of it to ganz so they can animate it (such as what it looks like online and different actions and facial expressions)
c) if they set up special centers where they are made, they wouldn't be too original. You would only pick the one closest to what your idea is and there are tons of webkinz so they would have...
-huge centers that are few and far between with a huge variety of webkinz in them
-several centers but with few different kinds of webkinz.
besides, why make the centers when you can just mass produce those same webkinz and sell them in stores that are everywhere?
slcoon is offline Female
Closed

Tags
tigerdove is here