Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #41
green =/= creative
Banned
x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!

Default Re: Do You Think they should sell Retired Webkinz in the E store?

but the estore has online pets w/ no plushie.
most retired webkinz, such as the cheeky cat, have plushies.
how would you get the toy?
x pookie x is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2008, 12:45 AM   #42
Splendiferous
Gifted

thimbleina is a glorious beacon of lightthimbleina is a glorious beacon of lightthimbleina is a glorious beacon of light

I think maybe it's best tha GANZ just sells the unique webkinz in the E-store. It seems that's the only way that's fair to everyone.
thimbleina is offline Female
Old 12-14-2008, 01:24 AM   #43
Autism Awareness
Webkinz :)

WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!WWhimsyDragon is the bees knees!

Well,what most kids go for are the plushies to cuddle up with at night,depending if they are paranoid or something,that`s what used to happen to me until I got my first 4 webbies,I felt safer,so I disagree on this.
WWhimsyDragon is offline Female
Old 12-14-2008, 01:48 AM   #44

jerkymom is on a distinguished road

While I can understand that people who have the original pets and PSI items don't want their trade value to decrease, I don't understand why they think having those things in the eStore will cause that to happen. If the eStore items can't be kinzposted or traded, people who buy those items can only use them on their own account. I don't really see how that affects the trade value of the original items when no one wants to trade the original items anyway. Buying retired plushies on eBay is a personal choice -- no one is required to spend hundreds of dollars to buy them, and eStore replicas should not have any impact on the eBay value since there are no plushies involved.

IMHO, my children shouldn't be punished for not being on WW when the original items were released. We live in a very rural area that had only dial-up internet until May of 2008, therefore we were unable to connect to WW before then. Many of the retired and holiday items from years past are unavailable to my kids, and trading for them isn't really an option. Very, very few people who have those items want to trade them, which is maybe why their WI value is so high. How do we trade for a red lava or a blue dragster if no one wants to offer them for trade, or if by some miracle they are offered, nothing we have is acceptable for trade? I see posts here from members who have hundreds of posts and have been waiting for quite a long while to be accepted as gift trainees -- not all of us have the time to become "gifted" and our children aren't old enough to understand the process anyway. We don't want those retired items for trade, we want them to play with on our accounts and to complete our rooms. The eStore is probably our only chance to ever have some of those things, and I really can't see how the replicas would bring down the value. My son couldn't get a Venus Flytrap plant for 3 superbed boxes or a variety of other exclusive/rare/retired items because no one who put one up for trade would do a deal. This is what I meant when I said very few people want to trade the really rare things from years ago. Some of us just want the opportunity to add some of those rare items to our rooms too.

OK, enough said...<climbing down from soapbox>

Last edited by jerkymom; 12-14-2008 at 01:51 AM..
jerkymom is offline Female
Old 12-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #45

MetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud of

I think once they are retired that is where they need to stay. But that is just my opinion.

---------- MetalMama added 3 Minutes and 44 Seconds later ----------

When you buy a pet in the E-store you can still trade their items away. I almost made that mistake this week with the Minty Reindeer's bed...but caught it before I realized what I did. So having the animals in the e-store that are retired does impact their PSI values because they are still able to be traded.

Last edited by MetalMama; 12-14-2008 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
MetalMama is offline Female
Old 12-14-2008, 06:02 PM   #46
BeEf JeRkY!!!

madness151 is just really nicemadness151 is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by harrypotter1fan
That wold be HORRIBLE!!! Wouldn't that be unbelieveably unfair to those who have spent $1,000+ on Cheeky Dogs/Cats, and many other retired Webkinz? I really don't like the Estore, and that would be NOT a good addition!
I agree for webkinz like the buffalo would be O.K but webkinz like the cheeky dog, cheeky cat... absolutely not.
madness151 is offline Male
Old 12-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #47

Sparkle! is a splendid one to beholdSparkle! is a splendid one to beholdSparkle! is a splendid one to beholdSparkle! is a splendid one to behold

i think that it would be cool, but unfair to the people who bought so much money on the originals... so really, i do not know what to think... but that is a great thought!
Sparkle! is offline Male
Old 12-15-2008, 12:43 AM   #48

jerkymom is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by MetalMama
I think once they are retired that is where they need to stay. But that is just my opinion.

---------- MetalMama added 3 Minutes and 44 Seconds later ----------

When you buy a pet in the E-store you can still trade their items away. I almost made that mistake this week with the Minty Reindeer's bed...but caught it before I realized what I did. So having the animals in the e-store that are retired does impact their PSI values because they are still able to be traded.
You are right about the eStore PSI items being tradeable, so I guess I can somewhat understand why there is concern their value might decrease. However, the things I am mostly interested in aren't PSI items, like the blue dragster, lavas, exclusives and holiday items. They wouldn't be tradeable if purchased from the eStore, like the Hover Car and other eStore exclusives. I just don't understand why my son having a blue dragster or red lava that he could only use on his own account would hurt their value, especially since people who have the originals don't want to trade them anyway.

I guess somewhere along the line Webkinz stopped being about kids and became a collector's corner for adults who want to keep all the retired items to maintain their value. That is what I'm having a hard time understanding. What exactly will you do with them years on down the road? The older they get, the less likely anyone will have enough of value to trade for them, so I guess they'll just sit in storage rooms forever.
jerkymom is offline Female
Old 12-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #49
jml123456789

jj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to all

I think the estore should sell retired webkinz once a month for a higher price than other webknz.
jj887 is offline Female
Old 12-21-2008, 02:26 AM   #50
is pony PERFECT!
Gifted

WebkinzOnIce! will become famous soon enough

All the lovlies that spent tousands of dollars on a stuffed toy for a virtual stove would be utterly angered and black mail ganz. THe trading on WI that ganz has no connection with would be immensly effected, how ever, if they made maybe a couple hundred thousand retired plushies, value would only take a slight drop..... so basically the people who have always dreamed of one will say yess and all the people have them and want thousands of visits to their gift threads will say noooo!
Closed