Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Default Creating Community with a Webkinz Library

The Webkinz world is lots of fun, but I feel that it is lacking some important things. I want there to be more places to go than the Academy, my room, Dr. Quack's and the various shops. More importantly, I want to see some community building activities that are not centered on the Arcades or on spending Kinzcash.

One thing that I would like to see added to Webkinz world is a library. While as a user I'd like to see it carry the books from the W Shop, I realize that would probably mean that how to books like cook books and gardening books would probably never sell. So I'm willing to exclude those. What would we put in there instead? Stories created by the Webkinz users, or course!
How the Library would work

You click on the Library, and find yourself talking to the local librarian. Let's make him a Black Horse call him Mr. Ink. (Why? Because there are no black Webkinz characters yet. And because males are a little less stereotypical as librarians than females. But I could be talked into something else, like a leopard or something. Make suggestions for what you want as a librarian below.)

Mr. Ink welcomes you to the library and gives you a number of options.

1) Check out a story.

If you click on this, Mr. Spots shows you a number of categories. The categories could be stuff like:

Picture Books

250 words or less. Includes illustrations done by the creater. Intended for the youngest age groups in Webkinz World.

Click the image to open in full size.

Librarian's Choice

These are stories picked by Ganz staff as being especially good and worthy of notice that week.

Favorite Webkinz Characters

Stories about Webkinz personae like Ms. Cowoline, Plumpy, Arte, etc. Arte should probably have a whole sub category all to himself.

:bas:

Genres (Fantasy, Pirates, Sports, Cars etc.)

These are stories about Webkinz in specific genre categories.

Humor

Anything funny in Webkinz world!

Poetry

Poems (especially Haiku) about Webkinz world

Most Popular

A user-generated category of the ten most popular books checked out that week.

More on the Books

All books in the Webkinz world should be short (1000 words or less!), clean, intelligible and somehow related to Webkinz world.

When you are done reading a book, you should be allowed to rate it, pick a review from a pull down list, or send the author a piece of fan mail via kinzpost.

2) Give a Book to the Library

You can get the option to give a book to the library. When you click this, Mr. Ink says, "Thank you for your donation to our library! Our staff will have to review it to see if it will work in the library. Please give us a few days."

Someone at Ganz reviews it. If it is not clean or related to Webkinz world, it gets rejected with a rejection that explains that it does not fit library criteria (with reason checked off.) If it is not intelligible for reasons of poor grammar or lack of story, they get a rejection saying that the story could use a bit of rewriting.

If on the other hand it is good, the story gets accepted. The writer gets a 100 kinzcash gift or an inkstand trophy. If it is exceptional, it goes into librarian choices that week. People looking for books can see how many people checked a book out, rated it, and what the overall rating is.

The books could be submitted as word documents, rich text, or just typed into the form. With a book a user can submit up to five pictures to go with the book.

What do you think of this idea? Share your ideas here!

Hmm
Mom to :clyde: and :rdr:
(Future Mom to :el1::husky
Hmm is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
By night i'm a
Webkinz :)

cubbyfanjohn has a spectacular aura aboutcubbyfanjohn has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Creating Community with a Webkinz Library

now that is one of the best ideas i have ever heard. rep point!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:05 AM   #3
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: Creating Community with a Webkinz Library

Oh, thank you. Much appreciated.

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Closed