Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #11
smurf1120
Webkinz :)

urf1120 is a name known to allurf1120 is a name known to allurf1120 is a name known to all

Default Re: Coupons usage in Curio Shop

View Post Originally Posted by T9850
I don't support this idea and here is the reason:

If you owned a special shop like Arte and worked really hard to find rare items, would you allow coupons? Rares being expensive teach people about supply and demand. Rare items have a high demand but the supply is very low. Also, the W-Shop and Curio Shop have two different ways of offering reduced prices. That teaches people about differences in shops. At least you can get up to 40% off on Arte's Favorite items.
Well I see your point, except fo this. This is a virtual world, and the supply is whenever Ganz decides to put a rare item up. I have seen some rares come up 3x in a week, and some not come up for several months, but Ganz does the supplying...and when Arte has rares up that percentage discount that he gives, does not apply to those anyway....when he has wshop items on sale they "could be" as much as 40% less or as much as 20% more....but that still does not apply to rare items. So if some of these rares like I've seen are offered several times in a week, I would not say that supply is low, and from the way I've seen some rares offered for trade in the trade room, I would have to say that the demand in not that high, depending on the rare. Example: Movie screen-high demand yes.....Roadster Go-cart no (that has been offered so many times I cannot count) I have purchased 6 of them sitting in my garage now, and when I have offered some for trade, they are turned down. So my point is even if we would be allowed to use, let's say, any coupon "up to 25% off", we should....because some of those rares are very very very expensive, and when it comes to kinzcash, bottom line is, that it takes a long time to earn up the amount of kinz cash it would take to purchase some of these rares.

I will also point out something else. One of the easiest ways to earn Kinzcash is to adopt a new pet. When doing so you get $3500 KC, wow. Now if you wanted to make 40,000 KC to buy that movie screen, you have to adopt 11.428 pets (or I guess we will round it and say 12).

Now I realize over time you can save that up and not have to adopt pets, but my point is the price of these rares is A LOT, based on the time is takes to "normally" earn kinzcash, aside from having to adopt pets to do it.....so I do not believe it would hurt Ganz, or anyone else, to allow us to use a coupon for a rare item. Gee, if I used just a 10% coupon to buy that movie screen, I would save 4,000 kinzcash...(that is a lot) how long would it normally take someone just to make that amount, plus that would be 500kc more than what you would get by adopting a new pet, just by the savings of using that coupon.

But I often ask myself if all of this is just one more way Ganz gets people to adopt more pets (knowing that you get 3500 kc when you do), other than allowing us to use coupons to save that money. The most kinzcash i made in one day has been about 17,000., and I did that by doing ALL the daily activities, everything, and doing quick tournaments at the arena, almost ALL day long (and having to place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd) in order to win. ALL DAY it took me to do this...so, I don't think it really is asking to much to allow coupon usage at the curio for rares given all these circumstances, even if it were limited to let's say up to 25%, I would still be happy.
urf1120 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #12
Frying pans are awes

pawsandcaws rocks our collective sockspawsandcaws rocks our collective sockspawsandcaws rocks our collective sockspawsandcaws rocks our collective sockspawsandcaws rocks our collective sockspawsandcaws rocks our collective sockspawsandcaws rocks our collective sockspawsandcaws rocks our collective sockspawsandcaws rocks our collective socks

I think its a good idea, just as long as they don't make the coupons where you have to buy them in the estore.
pawsandcaws is offline Female
Old 08-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #13
smurf1120

urf1120 is a name known to allurf1120 is a name known to allurf1120 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by pawsandcaws
I think its a good idea, just as long as they don't make the coupons where you have to buy them in the estore.
Thank you. I might add that Ganz would ultimately be in charge of when these coupons would be offered, and how much off they would be for. Just like they are in control of when wshop coupons are offered, and basically the machine spits out random % off coupons.

So they could start a "Rare item coupon machine" They would control when that machine is available, and they would control the % off coupon that you get, they could set it so it does not send out anything more than a 25% off coupon....(lets say 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%). And you can only use one at a time anyway, so if you save them up you still can only use one per rare item.

Maybe they would put a certain % off coupon good for any rare item like on the wheel of wow, or anything like that.
urf1120 is offline Male
Old 08-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
Gifted

hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day
hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day

I like this idea! Maybe the coupons would apply only to rare items though.

Oh, I see that's what you've been communicating.
hoodedwarbler13 is offline Male
Old 08-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #15
Hy hello

allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!allycat1112 is headed for the top!

I'm sorry, but I don't support.
allycat1112 is offline Female
Old 08-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #16
hat happened?
Gift Guru

Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness
Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness

I really like this idea!! Arte is expensive sometimes.
Isabelle123 is offline Female
Old 08-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #17
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by urf1120
Well I see your point, except fo this. This is a virtual world, and the supply is whenever Ganz decides to put a rare item up. I have seen some rares come up 3x in a week, and some not come up for several months, but Ganz does the supplying...and when Arte has rares up that percentage discount that he gives, does not apply to those anyway....when he has wshop items on sale they "could be" as much as 40% less or as much as 20% more....but that still does not apply to rare items. So if some of these rares like I've seen are offered several times in a week, I would not say that supply is low, and from the way I've seen some rares offered for trade in the trade room, I would have to say that the demand in not that high, depending on the rare. Example: Movie screen-high demand yes.....Roadster Go-cart no (that has been offered so many times I cannot count) I have purchased 6 of them sitting in my garage now, and when I have offered some for trade, they are turned down. So my point is even if we would be allowed to use, let's say, any coupon "up to 25% off", we should....because some of those rares are very very very expensive, and when it comes to kinzcash, bottom line is, that it takes a long time to earn up the amount of kinz cash it would take to purchase some of these rares.

I will also point out something else. One of the easiest ways to earn Kinzcash is to adopt a new pet. When doing so you get $3500 KC, wow. Now if you wanted to make 40,000 KC to buy that movie screen, you have to adopt 11.428 pets (or I guess we will round it and say 12).

Now I realize over time you can save that up and not have to adopt pets, but my point is the price of these rares is A LOT, based on the time is takes to "normally" earn kinzcash, aside from having to adopt pets to do it.....so I do not believe it would hurt Ganz, or anyone else, to allow us to use a coupon for a rare item. Gee, if I used just a 10% coupon to buy that movie screen, I would save 4,000 kinzcash...(that is a lot) how long would it normally take someone just to make that amount, plus that would be 500kc more than what you would get by adopting a new pet, just by the savings of using that coupon.

But I often ask myself if all of this is just one more way Ganz gets people to adopt more pets (knowing that you get 3500 kc when you do), other than allowing us to use coupons to save that money. The most kinzcash i made in one day has been about 17,000., and I did that by doing ALL the daily activities, everything, and doing quick tournaments at the arena, almost ALL day long (and having to place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd) in order to win. ALL DAY it took me to do this...so, I don't think it really is asking to much to allow coupon usage at the curio for rares given all these circumstances, even if it were limited to let's say up to 25%, I would still be happy.
The point is to earn KC for the rares. It teaches you if you want it, you should have to work for it.
You can't walk into an antique store and buy a one of a kind, priceless item with a coupon. Webkinz was made to teach kids about the real world as well. I see ideas popping up all over the place: make things easier, make this take less time. That would make WW so boring! You have to WORK for a rare. If you want it, you have to try for it. I wanted to make a bunch of rooms. So I decided to work hard and I managed to earn 50 000 KC in less than a month. I spent at most an hour on webkinz to earn about 3000KC each day. That's what I wanted, and I worked for it.

One last thing- Rares are RANDOM. They are programmed in randomly, so they could show up often, or rarely.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 08-30-2011, 01:56 AM   #18
smurf1120

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
The point is to earn KC for the rares. It teaches you if you want it, you should have to work for it.
You can't walk into an antique store and buy a one of a kind, priceless item with a coupon. Webkinz was made to teach kids about the real world as well. I see ideas popping up all over the place: make things easier, make this take less time. That would make WW so boring! You have to WORK for a rare. If you want it, you have to try for it. I wanted to make a bunch of rooms. So I decided to work hard and I managed to earn 50 000 KC in less than a month. I spent at most an hour on webkinz to earn about 3000KC each day. That's what I wanted, and I worked for it.

One last thing- Rares are RANDOM. They are programmed in randomly, so they could show up often, or rarely.
Point well taken, except that these are NOT one of a kind rares. If they were, then only one person would have that item, these are merely items that can not be purchased on a daily basis as can items in the Wshop, but over all there are many out there...and yes you still would have to work and earn the money to buy them, this is just a way to save a little extra money maybe that could be used to purchase another rare item later on down the line. Would this not be a way to teach kids to use coupons in real life, and learn to try and save money by using a coupon.
urf1120 is offline Male
Closed

Tags
a bird perched here!